Premium

Country

Croatia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20+

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Autoplay is not working from search. When I search for a song and the selected song finishes, nothing plays after it, the song radio does not start to play automatically. Pressing the forward button also does nothing but restart the searched song. I have the latest app version, I have performed a clean reinstall as per instructions here, I have given all permissions to the Spotify app, as well as exempted it from all battery saving and optimization. All in all, I have tried every solution offered on the forums, but nothing seems to work. This issue persists on other phones, but not on Windows. Members of my family also have this issue.

35 Replies

I was about to ask the same question so I figured I'd add my comments to this one.
So, same issue as Josip1 described, but problem also occur with desktop app on Windows.

Is there a "scenario" where is is actually normal that no songs are played after the last playlist songs while "autoplay" is enabled?

Hey @Josip1,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, following this exact guide. This will assure that all app data and cache are cleared and that you're running the latest version of the app.

Also, make sure that Mobile data and WiFi are both enabled for Spotify in the app settings on your phone.

Keep us posted if you need more help.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply!
I reinstalled the app once more, as per instructions, but unfortunately the problem persists. Also both WiFi and Mobile data are enabled.

Hey @Josip1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If this persists after a clean reinstall and enabling all settings for Spotify it'd be helpful to check how it goes when a different Spotify account gets logged in on your device to see if this could be an account-related issue.

You can ask a friend or family member to log in to their own Spotify account on your device, or simply create a test account for this purpose. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Keep us in the loop here. 

Thank you for the answer!
As per your instructions, I have tried both my sister's and my girlfriend's accounts on my phone. No dice. I have also checked if the problem persists when I log into my account on their phones, and it does. Furthermore, they have the same issue on their accounts and phones. 

Hey @Josip1,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you try creating a new account here to check if anything changes? That way we can see if it's an account or a device-related issue.

In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Thank you for your answer!

I have just tried it with a new account, and again no luck. I also treid it on my girlfriends phone and the result was the same.

Also, I'm not using an SD card.

Hey @Josip1

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when you and the others are connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

We'll look out for your reply.  

For what it worth, I finally figured out what was the problem, and it's totally my fault-ish. I just remembered that couples of weeks ago, I disabled push notifications for a couples of categories from Spotify settings (Settings >> Notifications):

- Recommended Music

- New Music

- Playlist Updates

Not sure exactly which one did the trick but turning Push Notification back on did the trick. 

Hope this helps someone else. And if not, I'm sur I'll stumble upon this post in a couple of years, when I'll have totally forgot how to fix this issue and looking it up on Google it =op

Hi there @GoofyB,

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your fix.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, thanks for the answer.
I tried it on multiple WiFi connections as well as 3G/4G, and still no luck.

Hey @Josip1,

Thanks for the reply.

Did you try enabling Notifications for Spotify, like @GoofyB has suggested?

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator

I am still having this problem and I have tried everything suggested above. From what I've gathered from multiple threads this seems to be an ongoing issue with Spotify. What is being done to correct this? It shouldn't take 20 steps to get autoplay to work and I'm getting pretty frustrated.

I'm also having an issue with autoplay not working for the past 2 days & I've tried all of the above..........please help!

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting and trying all the steps suggested. 

Just to make sure, is this issue happening when you're casting the music to an external device, or only when you're using your device's audio? 

Also, could you folks log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator

Hello, 

Me and my dad are facing this issue as well when we are connected to the bluetooth system of our car. Different cars, different phones and different network providers. 

It works on our phones but when connected to the cars bluetoothsystem it does not work. 

Some fix or solution for this would be great.

Regards

Joey

Hi folks,

Thank you for sharing your posts on this thread. 

@brittanyotto There was a fix released recently. Could you run a clean reinstall of the app to make sure it's applied?

If you keep having the same issue after the reinstall, please head to this thread and share the following info:

• Device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version

Also click on +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

@Joey020 The issue you're presenting doesn't seem related to the one being treated in this post. In this case, we invite you to create a new thread in our Help Boards to assist you better.

Cheers!

MafeGModerator

As of today (8/23/21), my podcasts started autoplaying again randomly. Not entirely sure what happened... but it works for me now!

Hey @brittanyotto,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that it was already sorted out for you 🙂

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts