Black Screen on Android

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Black Screen on Android

I have the same problem here, i launch in a first time and crash when play a song, but before is imposible to launch again the app, whats happening?
Highlighted

Music Fan
Just fixed it now, I've factory reset my phone from settings menu been into settings and made sure anything that could affect Spotify is turned off, also stopped it from updating for now.
Highlighted

Regular
Don't know what happened.
Never had a problem with spotify (except the part of de-activating some optimisation on miui) and this was 4 months ago.
Today, puff, suddenly crashed the spotify, black screen and goes back to the phone menu (but I can see the app running on background...).
Wiped everything, deleted the app, installed again, start running but once I have changed track, puff, down again...

**bleep**?!
Highlighted

Music Fan
I had exactly the same thing, tried everything including uninstalling all the updates from everything, but factory reset worked perfectly, it's not really as bad as it sound as everything is backed up to mi cloud and Google play, I even managed to keep all my photos.
Highlighted

Regular
The issue is that a factory reset is not, on my perspective, a solution by itself.
It doesn't make sense that it always worked, even after 2 or 3 miui updates on my case.
And suddenly by no valid reason, while listening to spotify, simply just crashed and never went back to normal.
Highlighted

Music Fan
I has the same problem, it was after using the security app or about 10 updates for other app, if you go to the app manager and clear data and log back in it will work again, but if you come out of the app and try to reenter through the notification bar it will stick in a crash loop of black screen and back to app page.
I uninstalled all app updates and changed settings in app permission on battery, nothing worked.
But factory reset worked fine and my Spotify runs better than ever now.

Music Fan
Worked perfectly yesterday but today after an overnight update I managed to stop yesterday I'm getting the same thing again so it's definitely the app and not the phone. The rollback version of the app worked great.
Highlighted

Regular
So basically you did a full reset to the mobile for nothing... 😛
Bad luck. Really hope you saved everything
Highlighted

Music Fan
Proves it's not the phone though, may try again and see if I can force it not to update and that it's an update, to be honest the updates have been steadily making the app worse I had a few problems with having to close the app before it played stuff.
Haven't lost anything doing a full factory reset everything backs up to google/mi cloud.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi i'm having the exact same issue on my Mi Note Pro Running Beta Miui 8. It was workng perfectly until yesterday. Really don't want to have to wipe phone. Hopefully there will be a fix soon. Are spotify aware of the issue?

SUGGESTED POSTS