Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Menu Bar Location settings

Menu Bar Location settings

Premium/USA -Amazon Fire 8 Andriod

With the most recent update to the Spotify app on my Fire, the menu bar location changed to the side w/out any setting being changed on my part. The new location has made spotify nearly useless on my device as it's drastically changed the size and spacing for the words and lists on the main body of the screen. I am sure the decreased space and font sized will be very irritated for some users with vision issues.

The side bar takes up nearly a third of the screen making it very difficult to read, scroll or operate any other list or section of the app, nearly making the whole thing non-functional.

If there was the option to chose menu bar location in setting (as most device's screens have different dimensions and aspect ratios, so certain formations are just not user friendly or functional on all devices) the usability of the app, even after updates, would be increased. Also personal preference and accessibility functions get disrupted when there is no choice on the user's part, but the ability to change settings and the bar location would increase accessibility, and decrease frustration when an update renders an app, that you pay for services on, useless.

Is there any solution to get the menu bar back at the bottom w/out having to completely uninstall the app, turn off updates, and attempt to get a backdated version that still functions?

17 Replies

The play button used to be in the middle, in a large panel. Now it's on the left in a small panel. 

Can I change it back?

Thx

Hey @ezy-e, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you attach a screenshot of what youโ€™re seeing, and let me know what device this happens on, as well as the software version?

Can you let me know if this happened when you updated your Spotify app? Also, let me know if this happens on another similar device.

Keep me posted!  

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My Home/Search/Your Library bar has shifted position from the bottom of the screen to the left side.  I would like to move it back. Any help on how to do that?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy Tab E

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

I really don't like it either. I want it back to the way it was. 

Please can someone help in advising how to put this back. 

Hey there @GrumpiestAnimal

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

It's always a good idea to run a clean reinstall to get the latest Spotify app version and see if this will change back to the old design. 

If this doesn't help, send us a screenshot displaying how the menu bar looks on your end. You can attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.  

I see there is no solution I see there has there been no follow-up. I have been a Spotify Premium user for several years now. The layout changed and I don't like it change it back.

Still the same, I have updated the app several times now and and every time there's a new update I cross my fingers to only find that the problem still occurs.
I wonder whether Spotify is aware of this bug or not.

Hey
i've installed the app on a new samsung A2 tablet. the status bar is hanging, and the "new layout" with the small left side does not work properly... it would be very nice if we have the option to change the layout from old to new and back... but, once again, something with the new layout is wrong...
we are 5 people using the same tablet, each with different username/pwd. 3 of us have the new layout, 2 of us have the old layout (most of time, but sometimes the new layout appears... then after a restart, the old layout comes back..) very strange...

Team, I'm experiencing the same navigation bar problem on my Nexus 7 2013, running Android 6. Even after clean install, the navigation bar is on the left side. Screenshot is attached.

Screenshot_20201022-095819.png

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the new layout for tablet. 

What we can suggest at the moment is to try double-tapping the Now playing view, which will in turn expand it, making it easier to navigate. You can also try rotating tablet if the screen allows it.

For anyone who would like to have an option to hide/expand the side bar we would suggest going ahead and creating an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok, so itโ€™s not just me. The menu bar used to be at the bottom of the screen. Please give us an option to change the location. The side bar takes away from viewing the home page in full screen mode. This is a screen shot from my iPad. Thank you. E6D002F7-4CA1-4793-861F-8EFF978D422C.jpeg

Same problem here, i have a head unite on my car and the new layout make impossible to select the "Home" option on the app.WhatsApp Image 2020-11-09 at 19.17.38.jpeg

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and screenshots.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. Weโ€™re sorry that this means youโ€™re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We suggest that you follow the steps that's been provided by @Alex regarding creating an idea.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here

If you have any questions we're always happy to help.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

Lol it's March 2021 and the layout's still the same.

What a disappointment spotty has become. Xm to Pandora to spotify.. c'mon ANYthing else

Suggested posts