Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

phone lock

whenever i'm listening on mobile with data and lock my phone screen while i'm listening, it will stop playing until i unlock my phone. idk if it's the app or my phone. someone help

• whenever i'm listening on mobile with data and lock my phone screen while i'm listening, it will stop playing until i unlock my phone. idk if it's the app or my phone. someone help
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Não consigo mudar de musica com a tela bloquada

Tenho um Xperia z3 android 6.0.1 e quando a tela está bloqueada não consigo mudar de musica. Alguma solução para esse problema, ou é normal essa limitação?

• Casual Listener
  • Tenho um Xperia z3 android 6.0.1 e quando a tela está bloqueada não consigo mudar de musica. Alguma solução para esse problema, ou é normal essa limitação?
  • tiagotheiss
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! log in problem

I was listening to my music lastnight and when I when on to it this morning I had been logged out . So I Tried to log in again and it said my username or password was incorrect . I then changed my password and all or that and it is still coming up I'...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to my music lastnight and when I when on to it this morning I had been logged out . So I Tried to log in again and it said my username or password was incorrect . I then changed my pa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android. Spotify stop (pause) play music when i do Nothing.

Please help, my Spotify make me pause or stop the music when i do Nothing on my telephon. I have Spotify premium. Thanks for help.

• Casual Listener
  • Please help, my Spotify make me pause or stop the music when i do Nothing on my telephon. I have Spotify premium. Thanks for help.
  • John666
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify on Mac Sierra v10.12

Hi. Initially had problems logging into Spotify using Facebook account on the mac (worked fine on my phone). So tried to uninstall and reinstall spotify. When I try to install, I get a message saying 'Dowload failed. Retrying in 4s'... or however man...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   Initially had problems logging into Spotify using Facebook account on the mac (worked fine on my phone). So tried to uninstall and reinstall spotify. When I try to install, I get a messa...
  • elfurioso
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play some songs via internet but can on cellular also plays oit load when removing headphones s

So i have premium and i only have a certain amount of mobile data i can use so i prefer to use my internet at home but when i go to play a song on spotify via the internet connection sometimes it will say this song is not available but if i turn inte...

• Casual Listener
  • So i have premium and i only have a certain amount of mobile data i can use so i prefer to use my internet at home but when i go to play a song on spotify via the internet connection sometimes it wil...
  • Jade_hawes1996
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird behaviour after some hours of stand-by

Recently, the Spotify Android App won't respond to the Bluetooth controls. Also, the "This song is not available" message pops up on every song except my offline available ones. The issue started occuring after I upgraded from a Nexus 5 to a Pixel XL...

• Recently, the Spotify Android App won't respond to the Bluetooth controls. Also, the "This song is not available" message pops up on every song except my offline available ones.   The issue st...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound quality issue with spotify premium

Hi,Having spotify premium, I am facing very bad sound quality, like if the band is playing in a closed bathroom. The issue comes and goes apparently without any reason. I haven't found and fix to this despite having searched the web and despite it se...

• Hi, Having spotify premium, I am facing very bad sound quality, like if the band is playing in a closed bathroom. The issue comes and goes apparently without any reason. I haven't found and fix to t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Go online to see menu" when trying to add a song to the play queue

Since that latest update to my Android phone when I click three dots next to a track on an offline playlist, to select "Add to Up Next", it tells me I have to go online to see the menu. I wondering why I'm paying for a feature, offline playlists, if ...

• Music Fan
  • Since that latest update to my Android phone when I click three dots next to a track on an offline playlist, to select "Add to Up Next", it tells me I have to go online to see the menu.   ...
  • JadeLWalker
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Equalizer

Im on android marshmallow 6.1 and on my old phone i could set my own equalizer settings and now on my android 6.1 marshmallow i cant set my own,What can i do

• Im on android marshmallow 6.1 and on my old phone i could set my own equalizer settings and now on my android 6.1 marshmallow i cant set my own, What can i do
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen

I have the samsung s7 edge. I will play a song on spotify and the song information will show in the lockscreen, which I do not mind, but when I stop listening the song and close out spotify the song information still shows on the lockscreen. I have t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the samsung s7 edge. I will play a song on spotify and the song information will show in the lockscreen, which I do not mind, but when I stop listening the song and close out spotify the song ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification Bar Format Bug

I just got a new Galaxy 7 a couple weeks ago and yesterday the notification bar that shows the current song is formatted oddly - the font is much smaller, as is the album cover (see attachment). It's not a huge deal, but it's bugging me quite a bit. ...

• Not applicable
  • I just got a new Galaxy 7 a couple weeks ago and yesterday the notification bar that shows the current song is formatted oddly - the font is much smaller, as is the album cover (see attachment). It's...
  • mikle_02
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Samsung Galaxy 7
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Same set of songs plays every day. Did I break Spotify?

I listen to Spotify on an Amazon Fire while I am at work. I usually listen for a few hours per work day. For at least a few weeks, but maybe longer, I have been subjected to the same songs over and over and over day after day. I have had Spotify set ...

• Regular
  • I listen to Spotify on an Amazon Fire while I am at work. I usually listen for a few hours per work day. For at least a few weeks, but maybe longer, I have been subjected to the same songs over and o...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • repeating artists
    repeating songs
    shuffle
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify connect does not play long playlists

Hi together, Since some time i am experiencing a strange issue. I want to play a playlist with around 150 tracks via Connect. If i start the playlist from the beginning via Android app version 6.5.0.1816 it only adds around 70 tracks to the current p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi together,   Since some time i am experiencing a strange issue. I want to play a playlist with around 150 tracks via Connect. If i start the playlist from the beginning via Android app versi...
  • fsinf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why can't I play while not connected to wifi or data??

I pay for Spotify Premium and only signed up as I though you could listen to your playlist while not connected to wifi etc. I understand not being able to download while not connected. Can someone confirm if this is right? Might as well cancel premiu...

• Regular
  • I pay for Spotify Premium and only signed up as I though you could listen to your playlist while not connected to wifi etc.  I understand not being able to download while not connected.  Ca...
  • Claude
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song may randomly not entirely load while playing in Shuffle or Playlist modes.

My problem is getting weirder. What I just discovered is that the songs, mostly while in playlists or shuffles, aren't entirely loading every time. When this happens, the glitchy song display its proper total play time, but after a random time within...

• Regular
  • My problem is getting weirder. What I just discovered is that the songs, mostly while in playlists or shuffles, aren't entirely loading every time. When this happens, the glitchy song display its pro...
  • Franky4937
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

App closes randomly

Since 2 or 3 weeks ago the app on my phone suddenly closes several times during the day. I read that I should clear the cache and reinstall the app. Done that but keeps closing, any suggestions?Using the app on an LG G3.

• Casual Listener
  • Since 2 or 3 weeks ago the app on my phone suddenly closes several times during the day. I read that I should clear the cache and reinstall the app. Done that but keeps closing, any suggestions? Usi...
  • modernmanifesto
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pausing closes top bar access

Using an LG G4 with Android 6.0 marshmallow and now every time I pause my music by dragging down the notification bar or through the lock screen, I have to re open the app to resume my music. Which in turn means I can no longer play music when openin...

• Casual Listener
  • Using an LG G4 with Android 6.0 marshmallow and now every time I pause my music by dragging down the notification bar or through the lock screen, I have to re open the app to resume my music. Which i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

New Lock screen and Bluetooth problems

Hi guys, I recently ditched spotify and had a try of Google play music due to the features around uploading your own music. The other features didn't really work for me, so have returned to Spotify with a new Pixel phone. Has something changed over t...

• Hi guys,   I recently ditched spotify and had a try of Google play music due to the features around uploading your own music.  The other features didn't really work for me, so have return...
  • mehmoodraza
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes