Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download for offline playing on data network

Hi.I use Spotify on my Android smartphone and since a long time it doesn't allow me to download my playlists when I'm not on a wifi network.There's an option in to change this setting, but doesn't change anything at all.Devs should do something about...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. I use Spotify on my Android smartphone and since a long time it doesn't allow me to download my playlists when I'm not on a wifi network. There's an option in to change this setting, but doesn'...
  • novembernebel
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Again that annoying update / download topic!

Hi,Actually I'm on a longer trip in South-America and love(d) to have my music with me - on Spotify. Well the app did an update and now... (sorry but **bleep**!) it still 'knows' my playlist - but non of the songs are status 'downloaded' though there...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Actually I'm on a longer trip in South-America and love(d) to have my music with me - on Spotify. Well the app did an update and now... (sorry but **bleep**!) it still 'knows' my playlist - but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stop when phone is locked

So I've been using the app for a few months now and I just have one tiny problem.When I try to lock the screen while listening a song the app just stop the song, it just happen when it's locked and I don't think it's a ram issue since I can use other...

• So I've been using the app for a few months now and I just have one tiny problem. When I try to lock the screen while listening a song the app just stop the song, it just happen when it's locked and...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App freezes up whilst playing downloaded playlist

Your app has once again gone into whirl mode where I simply go to play a downloaded playlist, it freezes during playback and refuses to show me my playlists. I'm only asking for your app to understand its MOST BASIC FEATURE WHICH IS DOWNLOADED PLAYLI...

• Roadie
  • Your app has once again gone into whirl mode where I simply go to play a downloaded playlist, it freezes during playback and refuses to show me my playlists.   I'm only asking for your app to ...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't save to Sd card 32gb

Hi, I know this question has been asked a lot but I've read through a lot of the posts and nothing has worked. I have a 32sd card that Spotify won't save songs to, sometimes it appears in the storage option in the library settings, most of the time i...

• Regular
  • Hi, I know this question has been asked a lot but I've read through a lot of the posts and nothing has worked. I have a 32sd card that Spotify won't save songs to, sometimes it appears in the storage...
  • Cheesetroll86
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pausing

Hi.Currently whilst listening on my android Moto phone Spotify will randomly pause. It's at different times, sometimes it allows me to play again from the same point. Other times i will have to restart Spotify.I haven't installed any new apps to caus...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Currently whilst listening on my android Moto phone Spotify will randomly pause. It's at different times, sometimes it allows me to play again from the same point. Other times i will have to res...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • pause
    stop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't update (google play store, LG G4)

As the title says, my Spotify app on my LG G4 won't download the latest update. It's just stuck endlessly on "loading" and after a while gives an error. Tried restarting phone but it won't help. I'd rather not reinstall the app and have to download a...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says, my Spotify app on my LG G4 won't download the latest update. It's just stuck endlessly on "loading" and after a while gives an error. Tried restarting phone but it won't help. I'd ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Edit playlists on android

Hey Spotify people's, I have recently become an android user after being with Apple for years. I have one gripe with the android Spotify app, why can't I edit my playlists??? I can do it on iPhone and iPad and have been able to for ages, but not on a...

• Hey Spotify people's, I have recently become an android user after being with Apple for years. I have one gripe with the android Spotify app, why can't I edit my playlists??? I can do it on iPhone an...
  • Specialworld
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playing Music Direct From SD Card

Hi,Basically I am in a bit of a mix up. I have just bought a car which isn't equipled with Bluetooth streaming but it does have an SD Card reading facility. I am just wondering if it is possible to export my Spotify music to an SD Card and then play ...

• Hi, Basically I am in a bit of a mix up. I have just bought a car which isn't equipled with Bluetooth streaming but it does have an SD Card reading facility. I am just wondering if it is possible ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing all playlists in a playlist folder

System info: MotoG3 running Android 6.0.1 and Spotify Premium 8.2.0.788 I have noticed that since some time ago, the option menu entry All Songs disappeared on mobile, which renders me unable to play whole folders of playlists simultaneously. The onl...

• System info: MotoG3 running Android 6.0.1 and Spotify Premium 8.2.0.788   I have noticed that since some time ago, the option menu entry All Songs disappeared on mobile, which renders me ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 22 likes

No music info in car

I listen to my Spotify in my car over the Bluetooth and the past few days, the songs will play, but no info shows on my heads up display in my car and I can not control the songs with my radio knobs. I can only control it with my phone. And ideas? I ...

• I listen to my Spotify in my car over the Bluetooth and the past few days, the songs will play, but no info shows on my heads up display in my car and I can not control the songs with my radio knobs....
  • modigma
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

samsung gear fit 2

Hi guys / Hola a todosI'd like to know if it's possible to download playlists, as long as you're a premium user, from a smartphone to a samsung gear fit 2, so that you can listen to them (through a bluetooth headset) if you don`t carry the smartphone...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys / Hola a todos I'd like to know if it's possible to download playlists, as long as you're a premium user, from a smartphone to a samsung gear fit 2, so that you can listen to&...
  • abmarcus
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • samsung gear fit 2
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Download library again???

I just went on the app on my phone and it said i had it on more than 3 devices so would delete all my downloads!!!! I checked online and says only 2 but should be one as only have it on my phone. Anyone else had this issue As now have to download all...

• Casual Listener
  • I just went on the app on my phone and it said i had it on more than 3 devices so would delete all my downloads!!!! I checked online and says only 2 but should be one as only have it on my phone. Any...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution La música descargada se borra y quedan ciertas canciones y no me deja volver a descargar el álbum nu

Hola. Mi música descargada se borra y quedan ciertas canciones guardadas y no me da la.opcion de volver a descargar completo el álbum nuevamente. Que pasa ?

• Hola. Mi música descargada se borra y quedan ciertas canciones guardadas y no me da la.opcion de volver a descargar completo el álbum nuevamente. Que pasa ?
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music quality offline mode

Hi I switch to premium so I can download and still enjoy music while offline. my problem is music quality is really not good. I even change the quality to extreme. the audio volume goes down and sometimes stutter, you guys have any solution or someon...

• Hi I switch to premium so I can download and still enjoy music while offline. my problem is music quality is really not good. I even change the quality to extreme. the audio volume goes down and some...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your Library" > "Songs" keeps turning off the Download setting automatically

It started something like 2 to 3 weeks ago, that I open Spotify, go to "Your Library" > "Songs" and the setting to Download the musics has been automatcically turned off.So if I don't have a connection I can't hear my musics, and I have to download t...

• It started something like 2 to 3 weeks ago, that I open Spotify, go to "Your Library" > "Songs" and the setting to Download the musics has been automatcically turned off. So if I don't have a con...
  • Meganvanvoorst
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't move music to my SD Card

Hello everybody,I got a Android device in my car and want to move the music to my sd card for saving space on the device.My poblem is that at the end when I need to confirm my task i can't see the confirm or disagree butten, I can only read the text ...

• Hello everybody, I got a Android device in my car and want to move the music to my sd card for saving space on the device. My poblem is that at the end when I need to confirm my task i can't see th...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Imposibilidad de accesos a Podcast

Estimados, buenas tardes.Cuento con una cuenta Premium y no puedo acceder a los Podcast, cuando selecciono una temática no me permite ingresar para poder escuchar. Quisiera saber por favor si a alguien le sucede lo mismo y mejor aún, saber cómo soluc...

• Estimados, buenas tardes. Cuento con una cuenta Premium y no puedo acceder a los Podcast, cuando selecciono una temática no me permite ingresar para poder escuchar. Quisiera saber por favor si a alg...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Stop family music affecting discover

I love my music but use my spotify to play music for my family frequently our tastes are quite different and this has occasion lyrics affected my discover weekly and suggested.Is there a way that I can stop spotify remembering the music played in cer...

• Visitor
  • I love my music but use my spotify to play music for my family frequently our tastes are quite different and this has occasion lyrics affected my discover weekly and suggested. Is there a way that I...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bye Spotify Premium... huge shame, i'll miss you!

After trying all the troubleshooting guides on here and attempting every solution under the sun… that’s it… I’m done with you Spotify Premium. Your android app functions gloriously when initially installed on my phone… the discover weekly podcast is ...

• Music Fan
  • After trying all the troubleshooting guides on here and attempting every solution under the sun… that’s it… I’m done with you Spotify Premium.   Your android app functions gloriously when init...
  • jnj01
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes