Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cómo puedo guardar la música en la SD mototola 2da generación

Tengo un motorola 2da generación y recientemente actualice el software, y ahora no me permite descargar la música en la memoria SD

• Tengo un motorola 2da generación y recientemente actualice el software, y ahora no me permite descargar la música en la memoria SD
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

next song on wear launches some other app :/

hi guys, new to this wear thing ...just found about the next song ok goolge command for skipping trackgreat! i thought - gave it a try on my 360 sport, but it seems to try to launch some other app rather than just skip spotift track pixempire url hav...

• Visitor
  • hi guys,   new to this wear thing 🙂 ...just found about the next song ok goolge command for skipping track great! i thought - gave it a try on my 360 sport, but it seems to try to launch som...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"Starred" playlist is only visible on Spotify web view not mobile or desktop app

I have tried everything. I've been emailing support but they could not fix it. The problem is that a while ago Spotify had a star system where if you Starred a song it got added to a playlist called "Starred". For whatever reason they removed stars f...

• Visitor
  • I have tried everything. I've been emailing support but they could not fix it. The problem is that a while ago Spotify had a star system where if you Starred a song it got added to a playlist called ...
  • Docisgod
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile Phone
    WebPlayer
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay of random songs

I have a problem with songs being autoplayed at moments I paused my music. This is both on my mobile phone as my desktop and are songs I've never listened to. I have this for about a week now and I don't know what is giving this problem, I never gave...

• Regular
  • I have a problem with songs being autoplayed at moments I paused my music. This is both on my mobile phone as my desktop and are songs I've never listened to.  I have this for about a week now ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crash ZTE Obsidian TMO random

Hello. My wife and I both purchased a ZTE Obsidian with Android 5.1.1 a couple of weeks ago. They work great, no problems at all - except for Spotify. Pretty randomly (sometimes when I open spotify, sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes when s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. My wife and I both purchased a ZTE Obsidian with Android 5.1.1 a couple of weeks ago. They work great, no problems at all - except for Spotify. Pretty randomly (sometimes when I open spotify, ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    frozen
    hang
    Obsidian
    T-Mobile
    ZTE
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Fire TV login issues

This version of Spotify on 1st Gen Fire TV (with latest v5 OS updates) makes me login constantly. As you can imagine its quite a pain doing this daily typing in your username/password on the fire tv remote let alone twice in a day. Is this the correc...

• Casual Listener
  • This version of Spotify on 1st Gen Fire TV (with latest v5 OS updates) makes me login constantly. As you can imagine its quite a pain doing this daily typing in your username/password on th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Spotiy stops randomly and then start in fast playback

I have an Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 mobile. With spotify 2.8.0.1081 premium mode.Randomly playback stops and then in2/3 second starts playback in fast mode. Then plays againg in normal way.This can be happening 2/3 times in every song I listen.Please,hel...

• I have an Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 mobile. With spotify 2.8.0.1081 premium mode. Randomly playback stops and then in2/3 second starts playback in fast mode. Then plays againg in normal way. This can b...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saving Albums and Download Not Working Anymore

All of a sudden, after the 2 recent updates, I've had to save albums over and over again. It's like it keeps erasing it. Then I tried just downloading to make available offline and it Erased it from my storage.What the heck is going on?I'm paying for...

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden, after the 2 recent updates, I've had to save albums over and over again. It's like it keeps erasing it. Then I tried just downloading to make available offline and it Erased it from ...
  • Nothappywthu1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Activating bluetooth requires restart of Spotify

This is an irritation. On my Samsung Galaxy Tab, if I switch bluetooth on or off, I have to quit and restart Spotify. Please fix.

• This is an irritation. On my Samsung Galaxy Tab, if I switch bluetooth on or off, I have to quit and restart Spotify. Please fix.
  • Julioenge1982
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What happened to the "Artists" page?

I've just recently updated to the latest Spotify version. Now when I click on an artist under the "Artists" page, it takes me to that artist's page, with their top 5 songs etc. instead of a list of all the songs I have currently downloaded on my phon...

• Gig Goer
  • I've just recently updated to the latest Spotify version.    Now when I click on an artist under the "Artists" page, it takes me to that artist's page, with their top 5 songs etc. instead...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

How to find out how many tracks I've downloaded for offline use

I'm using Spotify Premium on a Sony Xperia Z3 with 128GB SD card. Some while ago I hit the 3333-track limit for downloading songs and Spotify crashed. I don't remember exactly what happened except that it look a lot of aggravation to fix it. So I sta...

• Regular
  • I'm using Spotify Premium on a Sony Xperia Z3 with 128GB SD card. Some while ago I hit the 3333-track limit for downloading songs and Spotify crashed. I don't remember exactly what happened except th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Next song pauses

When I'm playing my songs the app isn't continuously playing and requires manual intervention to skip or play the next. I have premium membership until the end of March and I have also tried reinstalling the app plus clearing all data related. Nothin...

• When I'm playing my songs the app isn't continuously playing and requires manual intervention to skip or play the next. I have premium membership until the end of March and I have also tried reinstal...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Android white noise while playing specific album

Hi, the problem started a few days ago that while playing certain albums on Android Spotify app. There is only loud white noise and no music can be heard. I've tried uninstalled the app, cleared the data folder, rebooted but it still doesn't work. Th...

• Regular
  • Hi, the problem started a few days ago that while playing certain albums on Android Spotify app. There is only loud white noise and no music can be heard. I've tried uninstalled the app, cleared the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    white noise
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad problems?

Hey!I have noticed a "problem" with the adds that has not really affected me but might help you.I have a Samsung Galaxy 5I have a free Spotify AccountI have the latest version of SpotitySo what I did was that I was going to the Top 50 in Sweden. (I d...

• Hey! I have noticed a "problem" with the adds that has not really affected me but might help you. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 I have a free Spotify Account I have the latest version of Spotity ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle Not Working?

Seems like the shuffle function is not working in the android app. If I play a playlist and highlight the shuffle icon, I'm still just getting the straight playlist. Droid X.

• Casual Listener
  • Seems like the shuffle function is not working in the android app.  If I play a playlist and highlight the shuffle icon, I'm still just getting the straight playlist.  Droid X.
  • cheungs7979
  • Music Fan
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs wont offline download

I have Spotify Premium and when I add songs from my Local files songs that arent on spotify they arent available when I offline download them it used to be ok and they would work and download but now I cant choose them when offline and when I redownl...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify Premium and when I add songs from my Local files songs that arent on spotify they arent available when I offline download them it used to be ok and they would work and download but now...
  • kiyow
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Awful Programming Skills

Every other app on my phone works perfectly fine, with a speed that, if not excellent, is at least decent. Spotify, however, can't seem to complete a basic search without taking 5+ minutes. That assumes the menu comes up at all. When a video ad pops ...

• Every other app on my phone works perfectly fine, with a speed that, if not excellent, is at least decent. Spotify, however, can't seem to complete a basic search without taking 5+ minutes. That assu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound from spotify app on android

Apparently not a new issue, but I could'n't find any suggestions that helped med. Spotify is playing on my HTC one V for many months now, but then suddenly; Song progress bar is moving but NO SOUND. Have tried: 1) Restarting app. 2) Restarting phone....

• Casual Listener
  • Apparently not a new issue, but I could'n't find any suggestions that helped med.   Spotify is playing on my HTC one V for many months now, but then suddenly; Song progress bar is moving but...
  • rachelstanek
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Is My Tablet Compatible For Spotify Free?

I have recently purchased an Octa Core 16GB Android Tablet PC (PolaTab), mainly for another purpose, but decided to install Spotify Free, which I also have (problem free) on my other 2 devices. When it downloads, itonly seems to go to 88% and then go...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently purchased an Octa Core 16GB Android Tablet PC (PolaTab), mainly for another purpose, but decided to install Spotify Free, which I also have (problem free) on my other 2 devices. &nbs...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Detected low storage space

How can you get the Detected low storage space notification to go away? I have pressed the ok button on the bottom of the notice but it won't disappear so that I can change my storage problems within the app. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it...

• Casual Listener
  • How can you get the Detected low storage space notification to go away? I have pressed the ok button on the bottom of the notice but it won't disappear so that I can change my storage problems within...
  • Whitlow
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes