Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to keep spotify as online device

Hello, I would like to keep spotify still available between online devices. I have android device connected to my sound system and would like to play music remotely from my mobile.It always dissapear from the list once inactive for a short period of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I would like to keep spotify still available between online devices. I have android device connected to my sound system and would like to play music remotely from my mobile. It alway...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unplayable tracks!!!

Recently I have 3 tracks that have been unable to play for whatever reason i do not know. It's not a grey ttack because for the past 2 months the tracks were playable. The time bar keeps progressing normally but there is no sound

• Recently I have 3 tracks that have been unable to play for whatever reason i do not know. It's not a grey ttack because for the past 2 months the tracks were playable. The time bar keeps progressing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Spotify
    unplayable tracks
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Moto X Pure only has a 3x1 widget

Today I received my moto x pure and when I added the play back widget and saw there is only a 3x1 version. My 2014 has a 4x1 which I thought was odd. Anyone else seeing this?

• Casual Listener
  • Today I received my moto x pure and when I added the play back widget and saw there is only a 3x1 version. My 2014 has a 4x1 which I thought was odd. Anyone else seeing this?
  • HunterSWolf
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck in Offline Mode since installing updated Android app.

Hello, the Spotify premium app was working great on my Galaxy S5 until I installed the recommended update this morning. I did allow it to remove the previous version. Since doing this I am stuck in online mode regardless of what I try. I have tried 4...

• Hello, the Spotify premium app was working great on my Galaxy S5 until I installed the recommended update this morning. I did allow it to remove the previous version. Since doing this I am stuck in o...
  • Chi3
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify won't open

I've tried to uninstalled, clear cache, clear data nothing will work. I open the app the black background will pop up with the Spotify logo in the top left corner and then crash after a few seconds.Someone please help I cant afford to pay for broken ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried to uninstalled, clear cache, clear data nothing will work. I open the app the black background will pop up with the Spotify logo in the top left corner and then crash after a few seconds. ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log into spotify on my android Galaxy s6 edge

This has been going on for over a week. I had just gotten the premium too, and I logged out one day, and haven't been able to log in again. I've wiped the program from my phone multiple times and redownloaded it, and nothing. When I try to log in, it...

• Casual Listener
  • This has been going on for over a week. I had just gotten the premium too, and I logged out one day, and haven't been able to log in again. I've wiped the program from my phone multiple times and red...
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I Can Only See My Own Shares in Activity

Hey guys. I'm somewhat new to Spotify. My roommate and I figured it would be pretty cool to follow eachother, then when we find good tracks we can "Share/Post" them. I figured since we're following eachother, we'd be able to see eachother's Posts/Sha...

• Regular
  • Hey guys. I'm somewhat new to Spotify. My roommate and I figured it would be pretty cool to follow eachother, then when we find good tracks we can "Share/Post" them. I figured since we're following e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify running ridiculously slow

About a month ago an update released and since then the app is ridiculously slow while connected to the internet. It works fine offline but as soon as I connect to the internet, either WiFi or 4g, the app doesn't work at all, just hangs in loading sc...

• Regular
  • About a month ago an update released and since then the app is ridiculously slow while connected to the internet. It works fine offline but as soon as I connect to the internet, either WiFi or 4g, th...
  • Camranbant
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes

Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes when I try to open it since the update from this morning.Steps to reproduce the issue:First I did this : I update my application.Then I did that: I clic (with my finger) on the Spotify icon.I also did t...

• Visitor
  • Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes when I try to open it since the update from this morning. Steps to reproduce the issue: First I did this : I update my application. Then I did ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

random playlist shuffling

I have no clue why but latley my playlist has been getting randomly shuffled without me pressing the shuffle button whenever i so much as unplug my earbuds from my device. Anyone got any idea why this is happening?

• Gig Goer
  • I have no clue why but latley my playlist has been getting randomly shuffled without me pressing the shuffle button whenever i so much as unplug my earbuds from my device. Anyone got any idea why thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change volume

When i "connect to a device" my android phone and win10 laptop, i can change volume in laptop with my phone. But when i connect my samsung galaxy tab 3, i cant change the volume with phone... Is it even possible change volume in tablet with phone?

• When i "connect to a device" my android phone and win10 laptop, i can change volume in laptop with my phone. But when i connect my samsung galaxy tab 3, i cant change the volume with phone... Is it e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline playlist deleted from phone, won't let me download again.

Hi, This morning my music stopped palying while I was lsitening to it, then later in the day when I checked my data I noticed a huge spike! It turns out that my offline songs had been deleted form my phone, as they won't play when i set spotify to of...

• Hi,   This morning my music stopped palying while I was lsitening to it, then later in the day when I checked my data I noticed a huge spike! It turns out that my offline songs had been delete...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

EQ revert

I have a Note 3, before the lollipop I had the bulit-in equalizer, now I got soundalive which is much worse. How do I revert? On my old S4 it didn't switch when updated.

• I have a Note 3, before the lollipop I had the bulit-in equalizer, now I got soundalive which is much worse. How do I revert? On my old S4 it didn't switch when updated.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

can't play songs in my Playlist

Songs I had on my Playlist I can no longer play. Why?

• Songs I had on my Playlist I can no longer play. Why?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] App crash on loading after I experienced a folder bug on webplayer

Hello, I've tried to order my playlist into folders in the webplayer.Due to a buggy drag'n'drop functionality the folders don't get displayed anymore and my spotify App on android crash on load.I'm currently using an Z3c with Android 5.1.1. Please mo...

• Hello,   I've tried to order my playlist into folders in the webplayer. Due to a buggy drag'n'drop functionality the folders don't get displayed anymore and my spotify App on android crash on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    folder
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Struggling to get started

Hi all, I've signed up for a Premium account and am struggling to be able to listen offline - at least, I think that's my problem. I have an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy S5 mobile. I've downloaded a few albums via my iPad and want to be able to listen t...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   I've signed up for a Premium account and am struggling to be able to listen offline - at least, I think that's my problem.   I have an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy S5 mobile. I'v...
  • confused50
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Android and a laptop

I have a premium account on my android phone and I will have access to a laptop so i download spotify on the laptop and then I log in using my user name and password and then create a Playlist and add some music to it. How do i get the new Playlist a...

• Casual Listener
  • ...dd some music to it. How do i get the new Playlist and music to show on my android phone and can I remove my a count from the laptop as it's a public computer also if i download spotify to an i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover Weekly is still missing

I'm here since about 4 Weeks and i still don't have that Discover Weekly Playlist. I listen to a LOT of music and i love that feature so please help me I also can't find it under the "Browse" -> "Discover" Section.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm here since about 4 Weeks and i still don't have that Discover Weekly Playlist. I listen to a LOT of music and i love that feature so please help me 😄      I also can't find it ...
  • Alexamorrigan
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify free not working on kindle fire hd

Spotify recently updated on my kindle fire and it is no longer working as spotify should on a tablet and is now treating it like a phone. Any ideas on a fix?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify recently updated on my kindle fire and it is no longer working as spotify should on a tablet and is now treating it like a phone. Any ideas on a fix?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes automatically Android

Spotify closes automatically in my cell I connect it to Logcat Android Studio and I get this error: com.spotify.mobile.android.service.featureAbbaFlagModel cannot be stored in destination my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 Android Lollipop 5.0 from the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify closes automatically in my cell I connect it to Logcat Android Studio and I get this error: com.spotify.mobile.android.service.featureAbbaFlagModel cannot be stored in destination  ...
  • Dr4nzer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes