Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Issues on Android

Now, I don't know if this is an app issue or a phone issue but here it is: the app has a tendency to skip songs, to fast forward songs, to turn on by itself and quit on my phone by itself. I have an HTC One M8 and I've only had it since November. I w...

• Now, I don't know if this is an app issue or a phone issue but here it is: the app has a tendency to skip songs, to fast forward songs, to turn on by itself and quit on my phone by itself. I have an ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app gone slow

So I pay for premium monthly and over the past month or so its gotten really slow, regardless of the internet connection. I thought it may be the storage on my phone, so I factory reset and redownloaded the Spotify app. Its worse. Literally takes age...

• So I pay for premium monthly and over the past month or so its gotten really slow, regardless of the internet connection. I thought it may be the storage on my phone, so I factory reset and redownloa...
  • an0nym0us
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't add to collaborative playlist

I was able to add to a collaborative playlist and about 30 minutes later it doesn't show up in my list of available playlists when trying to add a song to a playlist. Anyone know how resolve this?

• Regular
  • I was able to add to a collaborative playlist and about 30 minutes later it doesn't show up in my list of available playlists when trying to add a song to a playlist. Anyone know how resolve this?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing randomly, downloaded playlists disappear

Hello, I am having some issues with Spotify on my new Samsung Note. First, I have downloaded some of my playlists several times for offline listening. Shortly thereafter, they no longer appear to be downloaded to my device, although I can see that th...

• Hello, I am having some issues with Spotify on my new Samsung Note. First, I have downloaded some of my playlists several times for offline listening. Shortly thereafter, they no longer appear to be ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Downloaded music disappears
    stops playing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does'nt work on all accounts

Hi, I installed Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab 10.1, and it crashed immediately after opening, although it does stay open most of the times and gives the error all the time. BUT, now I discovered that Spotify DOES work on my girlfriends account ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I installed Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab 10.1, and it crashed immediately after opening, although it does stay open most of the times and gives the error all the time.   BUT, now ...
  • Bernardus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Total blockade

This bug has me very tired . All the time the application is well. I have to reset the phone to fix it ! https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwXT0JSiz7nOWVhDcWthWW9MbDg&authuser=0 I m premium and the songs are downloaded !!!

• This bug has me very tired . All the time the application is well. I have to reset the phone to fix it !   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwXT0JSiz7nOWVhDcWthWW9MbDg&authuser=0&n...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist tracks stopping after each play

This is infuriating, I can only listen to one track at a time on my playlists

• Casual Listener
  • This is infuriating, I can only listen to one track at a time on my playlists
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connect doesn't see my yamaha reciver

Hi.I have yamaha reciver rxv777.I want to hear music from my LG G3 phone, using the speakers of my reciver, which supposed to support spotify App.Currantly I'm in a 30 days trail mode.Spotify doesn't recognize my reciver, although we are on the same ...

• Hi. I have yamaha reciver rxv777. I want to hear music from my LG G3 phone, using the speakers of my reciver, which supposed to support spotify App. Currantly I'm in a 30 days trail mode. Spotify...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can only shuffle play on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Hi all, can anyone shed some light on this please? I understood that Spotify Free will behave as on the PC version on tablets over 7"? But on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (UK model GT-p5110. Android 4.2.2) I have only the Shuffle Play option available. Any i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, can anyone shed some light on this please? I understood that Spotify Free will behave as on the PC version on tablets over 7"? But on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (UK model GT-p5110. Android 4.2.2) I...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Followers activity feed suggestion

I think it would be pretty cool if the mobile version of spotify let's us see what our friends are listening too!One of my favorite way of appreciating my friends is when I buy them LP's and EP's. And I know they have this function on the desktop/lap...

• I think it would be pretty cool if the mobile version of spotify let's us see what our friends are listening too! One of my favorite way of appreciating my friends is when I buy them LP's and EP's. ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle function not working well?

Hey Community, Forgive me if there is already a thread out there for this problem, I didn't do a search. Anyways, it seems like the shuffle function on my Galaxy S5 isn't working well. It seems to play the same 20-30 songs out of a cluster of the ent...

• Hey Community,   Forgive me if there is already a thread out there for this problem, I didn't do a search.   Anyways, it seems like the shuffle function on my Galaxy S5 isn't workin...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Transferring music from Google Music to Spotify?

Can I move over to spotify and not lose all my music on Google Music? I want everything in my current music playlists etc in Spotify as otherwise it'll take ages to set up.

• Can I move over to spotify and not lose all my music on Google Music? I want everything in my current music playlists etc in Spotify as otherwise it'll take ages to set up.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ich kann kein Song abspielen

Wenn ich auf einen gespeicherten Song klicke (Android), dann ploppt das SHUFFLE Symbol auf und der Song startet nicht

• Wenn ich auf einen gespeicherten Song klicke (Android), dann ploppt das SHUFFLE Symbol auf und der Song startet nicht  
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC DesireA8181 this unit is not compatible with this version

I am not sure if this has been posted before but i can't find it i just got a "new" phone today, which is the HTC Desire A8181. It won't let me download spotify music from the app store. Help?

• Regular
  • I am not sure if this has been posted before but i can't find it 🙂 i just got a "new" phone today, which is the HTC Desire A8181. It won't let me download spotify music from the app store. Help?
  • Cosmicfart
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

album suggested song

When ever I play an album it will play one song from the album and the rest will be from other albums.

• When ever I play an album it will play one song from the album and the rest will be from other albums.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pinning the music playback widget

Hi, I often pause what I'm listening to using the controls on the lock screen, however these controls often disappear as soon as I pause the music, meaning I have to unlock my phone to start the music again from the app. Is there any way to keep thes...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I often pause what I'm listening to using the controls on the lock screen, however these controls often disappear as soon as I pause the music, meaning I have to unlock my phone to sta...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

disable album art

Hello Everyone, I am using Spotify with the german Telekom-Provider, where listening to Spotify Music is not counted on my Data-Volume. The Problem i am facing is that the Telekom does not include the Data-traffic for downloading album art and theref...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Everyone, I am using Spotify with the german Telekom-Provider, where listening to Spotify Music is not counted on my Data-Volume. The Problem i am facing is that the Telekom does not includ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Music stops after few second in Off line mode when Data mode is enabled

Hello every morning when i listen to Spotify in offline, i have to disable the data network mode on my phone. If it is enabled and when i try to play one track, the music stops after few seconds. Could you please help me? Thank you. Phone : samsung g...

• Hello  every morning when i listen to Spotify in offline, i have to disable the data network mode on my phone.  If it is enabled and when i try to play one track,  the music stops ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes