Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

nakisastore `s iPhone

Hello, I got weird issue. Today I reinstalled Spotify app on my Android and found out that I`m linked to some "nakisastore`s iPhone" device. How it`s possible? That user also switches tracks all the time. I tried to change password but it didn`t help...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello, I got weird issue. Today I reinstalled Spotify app on my Android and found out that I`m linked to some "nakisastore`s iPhone" device. How it`s possible? That user also switches tracks all...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Control Device from desktop possible?

Hello. I have yet to find Spotify functionality that alows me to control playback on my Samsung Galaxy III. This is an Rdio feature I have yet to find on Spotify, I hope it exists. Basically I want to plug my phone into a mini plug connected to my st...

• Hello.   I have yet to find Spotify functionality that alows me to control playback on my Samsung Galaxy III. This is an Rdio feature I have yet to find on Spotify, I hope it exists. Basical...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung Galaxy s5 Spotify resets every 10 seconds

Got a new phone - Samsung Galaxy s5/ DOwnload spotify and upon logging in it resets every ten seconds, states its offline and does this over and over every ten seconds. I have tried undownloading the app, powering off the phone and redownloading the ...

• Music Fan
  • Got a new phone - Samsung Galaxy s5/ DOwnload spotify and upon logging in it resets every ten seconds, states its offline and does this over and over every ten seconds.  I have tried undownloadi...
  • jmnemonik
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to delete songs from stared playlist

Hi What is the easyest way to deleate songs from the "starred playlist", I do not whant to gointo the Starred Playlist and brows as it's way to time consuming. So what's the easy way to remove songs from my Starred playlist, I guess I have missed som...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   What is the easyest way to deleate songs from the "starred playlist", I do not whant to gointo the Starred Playlist and brows as it's way to time consuming. So what's the easy way ...
  • Laban66
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Fire TV - UK user with Premium Subscription - Spotify Connect not working

Hi,I have just installed a Fire TV in my living room and installed Spotify Connect from Amazon Appstore. When I open the App on the Fire TV neither my iPad Air or iPhone 6 can see the Fire TV. Both are running iOS 8.1 and have latest Spotify iOS Apps...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I have just installed a Fire TV in my living room and installed Spotify Connect from Amazon Appstore. When I open the App on the Fire TV neither my iPad Air or iPhone 6 can see the Fire TV. Bo...
  • Perpics
  • Regular
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • fire TV
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Taskbar at the bottom disappear after upgrade, also lock screen controls disappear

After upgrading to 1.6.0.952 there are issues with three things: - the lock screen spotify control randomly disappears - in spotify - the mini cover picture and "now playing" status bar at the bottom randomly disappears - when bringing down the statu...

• Gig Goer
  • After upgrading to 1.6.0.952 there are issues with three things:   - the lock screen spotify control randomly disappears - in spotify - the mini cover picture and "now playing" status bar ...
  • flunknewstead
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

sometimes songs didn't play sound

Hi, I'm an android user, and when I have extreme audio quality turned on, sometimes when I want to listen a song it starts to play but without sound, and I have to retry like 4 times. How can I solve it?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm an android user, and when I have extreme audio quality turned on, sometimes when I want to listen a song it starts to play but without sound, and I have to retry like 4 times. How can I solve...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app

Hello! I was wondering if you could help me with my app! I press PLAY but turns to PAUSE 3 seconds in, and then it just goes PLAY,PAUSE,PLAY,PAUSE,PLAY,PAUSE and it won't play one whole song. I have tried to log out and deleting and redownloading the...

• Hello!   I was wondering if you could help me with my app! I press PLAY but turns to PAUSE 3 seconds in, and then it just goes PLAY,PAUSE,PLAY,PAUSE,PLAY,PAUSE and it won't play one whole ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

volume too low

This has been happening for a few weeks now.. I have the apple ear buds and use them at my job driving truck.. I loved Spotify and honestly still love it, but now for some reason the volume seems to be turned down doesn't matter what quality of music...

• Music Fan
  • This has been happening for a few weeks now.. I have the apple ear buds and use them at my job driving truck.. I loved Spotify and honestly still love it, but now for some reason the volume seems to...
  • KDbeast42813
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.6.0)

What's new in this version (1.6.0) New: Now you can listen in Ford vehicles equipped with the Ford SYNC AppLink platform. Pair your phone via Bluetooth to enjoy voice-controlled access to your playlists and save your favourite tracks. Requires Blueto...

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (1.6.0)   New: Now you can listen in Ford vehicles equipped with the Ford SYNC AppLink platform. Pair your phone via Bluetooth to enjoy voice-con...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

NO VEO IMAGENES DE LAS CANCIONES IPHONE 5S

Tengo suscripción Spotify y uso un teléfono Iphone 5S, en el que puedo escuchar audio pero no veo la imagen cuando se ejecuta la música. Aparece en su reemplazo un gran signo musical. Usuario: Carlosqzda15

• Casual Listener
  • Tengo suscripción Spotify y uso un teléfono Iphone 5S, en el que puedo escuchar audio pero no veo la imagen cuando se ejecuta la música. Aparece en su reemplazo un gran signo musical. Usuario: Carlos...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify doesnt always auto play when bluetooth connects :/

hi all, when i get into my car spotify only auto plays around 50% of the time Ive got an app that actually launches spotify as soon as BT is connected, but the music doesnt arrive to my ears could it be a memory/cache issue with spotify? thanks dan p...

• Visitor
  • hi all,   when i get into my car spotify only auto plays around 50% of the time 😕 Ive got an app that actually launches spotify as soon as BT is connected, but the music doesnt arrive to ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on LG Optimus Elite

Hi, I downloaded the Spotify App for my phone, but it won't work anymore because it wants me to upgrade to premium. I don't want premium. Is there a way to just use the free version on my phone?

• Hi, I downloaded the Spotify App for my phone, but it won't work anymore because it wants me to upgrade to premium. I don't want premium. Is there a way to just use the free version on my phone?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume is too low on android spotify

When i conncet my note 3 to bose soundlink3 my max volume is really low and when i put a music youtube video the sound is loud as allways its just with spotify that it is low when i had spotify on the iphone i did not have this issue

• Casual Listener
  • When i conncet my note 3 to bose soundlink3 my max volume is really low and when i put a music youtube video the sound is loud as allways its just with spotify that it is low when i had spotify on th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Issue with offline mode and no internet connection

I have spotify premium and a htc one with the latest firmware. If I toggle between offline and online mode it stays in offline mode and after that I can't play music. If it works (sometimes) to switch than it says no internet connection and I can't p...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and a htc one with the latest firmware. If I toggle between offline and online mode it stays in offline mode and after that I can't play music. If it works (sometimes) to switc...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs are saved on BOTH Internal and SD card

Hi, I'm using a fresh 32gb external card and 16GB internal. The problem is the songs are saved on BOTH internal and SD card. I have tried deleting caches, re-installing spotify, clearing date and all that. I can assure that the 0.1GB is the songs fro...

1.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I'm using a fresh 32gb external card and 16GB internal.  The problem is the songs are saved on BOTH internal and SD card.  I have tried deleting caches, re-installing s...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify player pauses music immediately??

*Warning, really bad english!!* Spotify has always worked perfectly for me, but suddenly, one day this just happened. I try to play my music but it immediately pauses. I try to press it several times, but it still won't work. I have tried to play it ...

• Casual Listener
  • *Warning, really bad english!!*   Spotify has always worked perfectly for me, but suddenly, one day this just happened. I try to play my music but it immediately pauses. I try to press it se...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't show my albums and songs anymore

Hi, When I open Spotify on my Mac everything is normal. My albums and songs are all there in the section "Your Music". However, when I open the spotify app on my android my albums and songs are gone. This didn't happen to me the first time. Usually I...

• Regular
  • Hi, When I open Spotify on my Mac everything is normal. My albums and songs are all there in the section "Your Music". However, when I open the spotify app on my android my albums and songs ar...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist only play's in shuffle mode

I can't select a specific song from a playlist...everytime i do that, the "shuffle button" highlites. So i only can play in suffle mode. Why is that? I just want select a song from a list without hear every song from the album first:( pleaseee help

• Casual Listener
  • I can't select a specific song from a playlist...everytime i do that, the "shuffle button" highlites. So i only can play in suffle mode.    Why is that? I just want select a song from a...
  • jaimyf
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect doesnt find Speaker

Hi! I'm testing the free month at the moment and wanted to use Spotify Connect with my iTeufel Air Blue Speaker. Unfortunately Connect doesnt seem to find it in the App. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3 with the newest Android version. My speaker is co...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I'm testing the free month at the moment and wanted to use Spotify Connect with my iTeufel Air Blue Speaker. Unfortunately Connect doesnt seem to find it in the App. I am using a Samsu...
  • Crimsonmirk
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes