Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio serch has disappered from Galaxy S5

Pls Help The radio search function has disappeared from the left hand side, it is available in my your music section but limited to what i was listening too before disappearing. I have cleared the cache etc, un-installed/reinstalled 4 times, changed ...

• Casual Listener
  • Pls Help The radio search function has disappeared from the left hand side, it is available in my your music section but limited to what i was listening too before disappearing. I have ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Keeps Forceclosing Immediately Upon Opening

I have Spotify Premium, and for the past week or so, Spotify will immediately force close upon opening the app. My main use for Spotify is for my phone, so I haven't been able to listen to any of my music. I've tried this toubleshoot for android with...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium, and for the past week or so, Spotify will immediately force close upon opening the app. My main use for Spotify is for my phone, so I haven't been able to listen to any of my ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist wont sync win7 with Sony z3

Hi my Phone wont sync my local playlists with the pc. It worked with my z1, what am i doing wrong

• Casual Listener
  • Hi my Phone wont sync my local playlists with the pc. It worked with my z1, what am i doing wrong 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Q] How to make Spotify default music player on kitkat?

How to make Spotify default music player on kitkat? I wanna use it default browser.

• How to make Spotify default music player on kitkat? I wanna use it default browser.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

no EQ option on spotify app for HTC M8 ?

I have just switched from an iPhone to HTC M8 and downloaded the spotify app from Google play and I now don't have the equaliser option and my music now sounds poor compared to my iPhone when played through an external speaker. Any ideas ?

• Casual Listener
  • I have just switched from an iPhone to HTC M8 and downloaded the spotify app from Google play and I now don't have the equaliser option and my music now sounds poor compared to my iPhone when played ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify freezing during playback on Tesco Hudl2

Anyone having problems with Spotify freezing during playback on hudl2? Thanks for any help

• Anyone having problems with Spotify freezing during playback on hudl2? Thanks for any help
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cache to the SD card

I've played around with trying to get the music cache/music files off the tablet's internal storage and onto the SD card to recover space. Withthout going through the myriad steps of cache clearing, uninstalling, reinstalling, setting to extreme qual...

• Regular
  • I've played around with trying to get the music cache/music files off the tablet's internal storage and onto the SD card to recover space. Withthout going through the myriad steps of cache clearing, ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy s5 not storing music in SD card

Hey I have loaded a 64gb card and my phone internal storage is now out of space cos all premium tracks are downloading to internal memory insured of SD card.. Ideas?

• Regular
  • Hey I have loaded a 64gb card and my phone internal storage is now out of space cos all premium tracks are downloading to internal memory insured of SD card.. Ideas?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get best streaming on Free @ 256 kbps Internet?

Hey there. Do you have any suggestions. My brother have now a phone, Trend Plus with Free service of Spotify. On Wifi 100M/5M he gets at home and around it decent 30 Mbps. On computer even 95 Mbps over Ethernet for Web Player. But on mobile phone dat...

• Visitor
  • Hey there.   Do you have any suggestions. My brother have now a phone, Trend Plus with Free service of Spotify. On Wifi 100M/5M he gets at home and around it decent 30 Mbps. On computer even...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work on Boox M96

Hello, Spotify is unavalible for my Boox M96. I guess it's because it uses GLES extension and Boox doesn't have it - it's a eInk display reader so there would be no reason to produce it with such elaborate GPU. Are there any plans to make spotify wor...

• Hello, Spotify is unavalible for my Boox M96. I guess it's because it uses GLES extension and Boox doesn't have it - it's a eInk display reader so there would be no reason to produce it with such ela...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App totally unstable on Android 4.4.2

I have been using Spotify on Android 4.4.2 without incident until recently when the app abruptly became unstable. I receive an "Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped" message when trying to open the app. I have tried a clean install with no luck. Amy he...

• I have been using Spotify on Android 4.4.2 without incident until recently when the app abruptly became unstable. I receive an "Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped" message when trying to open the a...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I want to storage my music in SD card

Hello, I would like to storage my music in external memory (micro SD card) of my phone but I cannot find the way to do it. My phone has a limited internal storage and there's not enough space to put all the playlist that I want and I don't want to er...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I would like to storage my music in external memory (micro SD card) of my phone but I cannot find the way to do it. My phone has a limited internal storage and there's not enough space to pu...
  • frangenuine
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

When sharing a track from android, friends are linked to the album, not the song

When playing a song on my android (4.4.4) phone, I do the following: 1. click the "..." button next to the title 2. click Share 3. pick Hangouts and the person and send 4. the friend gets a link, e.g., http://open.spotify.com/track/2WRzpLD8qDRrxMXc63...

• When playing a song on my android (4.4.4) phone, I do the following:   1. click the "..." button next to the title 2. click Share 3. pick Hangouts and the person and send 4. the friend...
  • jupzzo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't play music

On my LG G2 I have been trying to play music for a while and sometimes I'll get through one song and then it just Will not play Anymore music for me. Like, it says the song is playing but no sound. I have tried many different troubleshooting things a...

• On my LG G2 I have been trying to play music for a while and sometimes I'll get through one song and then it just Will not play Anymore music for me. Like, it says the song is playing but no sound. I...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sharing on facebook not working

Since a week (roughly) i can't use my sony xperia z1 to share songs on facebook. I've already tried un-installing and re-installing both spotify and facebook apps without success. Is this a general problem? For other platforms too? If so what is bein...

• Since a week (roughly) i can't use my sony xperia z1 to share songs on facebook. I've already tried un-installing and re-installing both spotify and facebook apps without success. Is this a general p...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

i can not share spotify music

Hi can not share songs from spotify to facebook, my phone is a s5. Message: something went wrong try again.PLEASE HELP !!

• Hi can not share songs from spotify to facebook, my phone is a s5. Message: something went wrong try again. PLEASE HELP !!
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Some translation issues with the Android app ;)

1. 'Sync over cellular' doesn't make sense. It should be 'Sync over mobile data' 2. Equaliser is spelt incorrectly. Liam

• Community Legend
  • 1. 'Sync over cellular' doesn't make sense. It should be 'Sync over mobile data' 2. Equaliser is spelt incorrectly.   Liam
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

breaking up

Hi, I use premium on android 4.4.3.The streaming is fine via Bluetooth to my car and speakers both online and offline, however when I lock my phone it breaks up, similarly to radio driving through a tunnel .Is there a fix for this or is it something ...

• Hi, I use premium on android 4.4.3. The streaming is fine via Bluetooth to my car and speakers both online and offline, however when I lock my phone it breaks up, similarly to radio driving throug...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify is a black screen

I use samsung galaxy note 3. When I turn Spotify on, the screen turn black with just one button (hamburger in top left corner). Clicking doesn't change anything. After a few minutes "spotify" writing appears next to the button, but it doesn't really ...

• Regular
  • I use samsung galaxy note 3. When I turn Spotify on, the screen turn black with just one button (hamburger in top left corner). Clicking doesn't change anything. After a few minutes "spotify" writing...
  • osaka
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Blackscreen
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to transfer local files from my computer to my HTC One over my University Wi-Fi.

When I download a song from somewhere else other than Spotify and add it to my Starred playlist that is shared between my phone and computer, it will not download to the phone when both are on my school Wi-Fi network, and remains gray and "unavailabl...

• Casual Listener
  • When I download a song from somewhere else other than Spotify and add it to my Starred playlist that is shared between my phone and computer, it will not download to the phone when both are on my sch...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes