Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

re-downloading deleted songs

I had a couple of songs saved on my standard Android music player that for some reason failed to play in entirety, I deleted them as they had shown up on my Spotify app and I couldn't download them again. Now whenever I try to get them on Spotify the...

• I had a couple of songs saved on my standard Android music player that for some reason failed to play in entirety, I deleted them as they had shown up on my Spotify app and I couldn't download them a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spovify on galaxy S2 crashes in online mode

I recently experienced the same problem and had to delete all traces of spotify and reinstall. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks but now it's back again. And I haven't even resynced all the tracks yet, and really do not want to reset every...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently experienced the same problem and had to delete all traces of spotify and reinstall. It's been working fine for a couple of weeks but now it's back again. And I haven't even resynced all th...
  • royal23
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify said I was offline, so I logged out and deinstalled the app. After having installed it again, I tried to log in with but the app tells me that there are problems occuring "404". Anyone else having similar problems? Could be a problem with the...

• Spotify said I was offline, so I logged out and deinstalled the app. After having installed it again, I tried to log in with but the app tells me that there are problems occuring "404". Anyone el...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify wont let me play all songs on my htc wildfire s

when I listen to spotify mobile it wont play a lot of songs. when I press play on the songs, spotify closes and I have to log in again. this has happend on two different devices, but does not happen on my computer.

• Casual Listener
  • when I listen to spotify mobile it wont play a lot of songs. when I press play on the songs, spotify closes and I have to log in again. this has happend on two different devices, but does not happen ...
  • richter
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugs and stuff

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but oh well.I love spotify, its brilliant and rarely fault it. However lately I have been experiencing some annoying bugs which you're probably already aware of.1. On the Android app, when listening to...

• Not sure if this is the right place to post this but oh well. I love spotify, its brilliant and rarely fault it. However lately I have been experiencing some annoying bugs which you're probably alre...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium on 2 Android devices? Or just one device with Spotify Premium??

is it right that, If I would buy Spotify Premium, i could use spotify on two Android devices? I have a tablet and a smartphone, so i would like to use the same spotify(premium) accound on both.... is that possible? Or have i to pay for more mobile de...

• Casual Listener
  • is it right that, If I would buy Spotify Premium, i could use spotify on two Android devices? I have a tablet and a smartphone, so i would like to use the same spotify(premium) accound on both.... is...
  • MarioS92
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [SPOTIFY STAFF] Is there any development at all being made on the Android app today?

Hello,I wonder if anyone from Spotify will be able to tell us an official answer about the situation that the Android app currently is in. Is there any development being made on it to make sure it works on 4.0+ devieces?Why hasnt the Android app been...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I wonder if anyone from Spotify will be able to tell us an official answer about the situation that the Android app currently is in.   Is there any development being made on it to mak...
  • L337GoD777
  • Music Fan
  • 27 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 19 likes

HTC Android - facebook popups

Hi there! Today, I was hoping to listen to music (spotify) on the way back from work, so I turned app on and started to cycle, music stopped playing after first song. I had to interrupt my training, get off the bike to check my my phone and I see wha...

• Hi there!   Today, I was hoping to listen to music (spotify) on the way back from work, so I turned app on and started to cycle, music stopped playing after first song. I had to inter...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! samsung s3 online/offline issues

Spotify switches to offline all the time. Can force it to be online for 10 min at a time. Then the music stops ,even though im playing from an offline playlist . I am roaming and thats the reason im told when i log back in. why cant i stay online all...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify switches to offline all the time. Can force it to be online for 10 min at a time. Then the music stops ,even though im playing from an offline playlist . I am roaming and thats the reason im ...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7")

My playlists aren't found on the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7"). Anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it? Using Spotify on my tab was half the point buying it...

• Visitor
  • My playlists aren't found on the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7"). Anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it?   Using Spotify on my tab was half the point buying it...&nb...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Honeycomb support

The new Spotify preview for Android is very promissing. Either there is still a bug on the Honeycomb Android devices. I find it rather disappointing that Spotify - like most other business - once again prefers fine iOS apps above Android apps. I once...

• The new Spotify preview for Android is very promissing. Either there is still a bug on the Honeycomb Android devices. I find it rather disappointing that Spotify - like most other business - once aga...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug: Spotify won't stay online with songs available offline

Device: Samsung Galaxy Player YP-G1 Firmware 2.3.5 Kernel 2.6.35.7-G1UEKI8-CL562400 se.infra@sep-59 #2 Build: GINGERBREAD.UKEI8 Spotify version 0.4.12.180 (but bug has been around for months and months) Steps to reproduce: 1. Install Spotify on devic...

• Casual Listener
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Player YP-G1  Firmware 2.3.5  Kernel 2.6.35.7-G1UEKI8-CL562400 se.infra@sep-59 #2  Build: GINGERBREAD.UKEI8  Spotify version 0.4.12.180  (but bu...
  • cr3amy
  • Roadie
  • 28 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Some Offline issues

I have read a few treads I could not find any who describes my problem exactly so I'll try a new one and see if anyone has an answer. 1. To start with some songs does not show in synced playlists, the Spotify App just says Loading... on them and noth...

Screenshot_2012-06-01-11-17-18.png Screenshot_2012-06-01-11-18-06.png Screenshot_2012-06-01-11-18-12.png
  • Music Fan
  • I have read a few treads I could not find any who describes my problem exactly  so I'll try a new one and see if anyone has an answer.   1. To start with some songs does not show in syn...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot login on Samsung Galaxy SIII

Just got the new Samsung Galaxy SIII. When logging in I keep get the pop up warning on useage of internet and related cost. When clicking on ok, message keeps popping up, and preventing me from logging in.

• Casual Listener
  • Just got the new Samsung Galaxy SIII. When logging in I keep get the pop up warning on useage of internet and related cost. When clicking on ok, message keeps popping up, and preventing me from loggi...
  • davidtoube
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify dont work on my HTC Sensation - Android version 4.0.3

Hi, I just got a new phone, HTC Sesation, i got the Android version 4.0.3 and Spotify don't work for me. The issue is that when i try to start the program it just get black and just close the program. The black screen is there for like 1 sec. Can som...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I just got a new phone, HTC Sesation, i got the Android version 4.0.3 and Spotify don't work for me.   The issue is that when i try to start the program it just get black and ...
  • lsk1998
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists I created appearing as created 'by In'

So essentially my playlists, those I have created, appear on my Android phone (not the case on my PC) as belonging to another user, 'In'. Just 'In'. https://www.dropbox.com/s/evcnfqjtan6orbg/2012-06-03%2016.23.17.png Anybody else getting this? Is the...

• So essentially my playlists, those I have created, appear on my Android phone (not the case on my PC) as belonging to another user, 'In'. Just 'In'.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/evcnfqjtan6...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3g mode and unlimited spotify

My Sprint Evo phone has 3g so if i bought spotify unlimited would i be able to listen to my playlists wherever i have 3g or do i still have to have internet connection?

• My Sprint Evo phone has 3g so if i bought spotify unlimited would i be able to listen to my playlists wherever i have 3g or do i still have to have internet connection?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Closing after 3 seconds

Dose anyone have a solution as to how I can get my spottily app to not close after 3 seconds, it keeps logging me out and staying offline when it eventually goes online it shuts down. Anyone have a solution or have the same problem

• Regular
  • Dose anyone have a solution as to how I can get my spottily app to not close after 3 seconds, it keeps logging me out and staying offline when it eventually goes online it shuts down. Anyone have a s...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

screen on

How can I in Spotify keep my screen on at my andriod. The app TuneIn has a option within to select

• Casual Listener
  • How can I in Spotify keep my screen on at my andriod. The app TuneIn has a option within to select
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Still stuck in offline mode

The only reason I pay a monthly fee is to stream on my phone and I am constantly stuck in offline mode. This is ridiculous. How is Spotify different from any other program if this function is constantly not working? Someone help me please before I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • The only reason I pay a monthly fee is to stream on my phone and I am constantly stuck in offline mode.  This is ridiculous.  How is Spotify different from any other program if this functio...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes