Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Android preview giving issues on ICS

I'm trying to download this app, and I've followed the directions exactly, multiple times, and keep getting the error "ROM is not supported" Anyone know how to get around this?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to download this app, and I've followed the directions exactly, multiple times, and keep getting the error "ROM is not supported"   Anyone know how to get around this?
  • Equizotic
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Android ICS - here's what to do..

On Jan 20th I tweeted at this guy:https://twitter.com/#!/eldsjal @eldsjal If 2012 is year of the Tablet when will Spotify fix Android app for offline tablets?Also pls fix Linux preview. Loyal subscriber. I got a reply saying they're looking into it. ...

• Regular
  • On Jan 20th I tweeted at this guy: https://twitter.com/#!/eldsjal   @eldsjal If 2012 is year of the Tablet when will Spotify fix Android app for offline tablets?Also pls fix Linux previe...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Using other mobile player with Spotify tunes?

Hi all, is there a way to use Spotify to sync music to My Android and then play the music with another app? I'm really not likely Spotify's app. Thanks!

• Hi all, is there a way to use Spotify to sync music to My Android and then play the music with another app?  I'm really not likely Spotify's app. Thanks!
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Yet another iOS update!

Just to rub salt in the wounds of us poor (but still paying for a Premium Subscription) Android users, Spotify have now released yet another iOS update without any sign of anything happening on the Android front...https://twitter.com/#!/nevyn/status/...

• Community Legend
  • Just to rub salt in the wounds of us poor (but still paying for a Premium Subscription) Android users, Spotify have now released yet another iOS update without any sign of anything happening on the A...
  • SteveBrammer
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Class action Lawsuit against Spotify - this app has been broken for FAR TOO LONG!

Who would be down to join in on this... Us Premium members pay $10 a month to be able to use this software on our mobile devices. (and technically for Unlimited listening)Not only has Spotify given free users Unlimited listening after charging paying...

• Casual Listener
  • Who would be down to join in on this... Us Premium members pay $10 a month to be able to use this software on our mobile devices.  (and technically for Unlimited listening) Not only has &nbsp...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify-app crashes in online mode

Hi !I have a Galaxy S2 with spotify premium, when i try to sign into spotify in onlinemode, the app starts, and crashes after a few seconds. I manage to get it running in offlinemode, but when I turn offlinemode off, it crahses every single time. Why...

• Hi ! I have a Galaxy S2 with spotify premium, when i try to sign into spotify in onlinemode, the app starts, and crashes after a few seconds. I manage to get it running in offlinemode, but when I tu...
  • rarca
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tashiba Thrive

does anyone know if a Toshiba Thive is compateable it has Android Apps and is there a way to save music to save when u are off line

• Casual Listener
  • does anyone know if a Toshiba Thive is compateable it has Android Apps and is there a way to save music to save when u are off line
  • crochetmeme
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Refreshing playlists on mobile. (original music from Mac)

I have Spotify and I have synced my local files to playlists on my mobile phone. I have been using it for weeks now and when I want to add new songs I simply drag them into the playlist and connect my phone and they will appear. For some reason I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify and I have synced my local files to playlists on my mobile phone. I have been using it for weeks now and when I want to add new songs I simply drag them into the playlist and connect m...
  • delaneypat33
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

It's the HTC Explore (android) compatible with spotify?

I want to buy a new mobile phone called HTC Explorer and I don't know if it's compatible with Spotify premium. Can you help me? lot of thanks

• I want to buy a new mobile phone called HTC Explorer and I don't know if it's compatible with Spotify premium. Can you help me? lot of thanks
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android - Spotify App Insta Crash

I am getting an issue where the app insta crashes when I try to start it up. I get a black screen for like .0005 seconds and then right back to the homescreen. Any ideas? Galaxy Nexus

• Casual Listener
  • I am getting an issue where the app insta crashes when I try to start it up. I get a black screen for like .0005 seconds and then right back to the homescreen.   Any ideas?   Galaxy Nex...
  • overfloater
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unknown Error 112

I recently reset my phone.I reinstalled Spotify, but every time I launch it I get a Error 112 message as it comes up.That message will go away in a second or two.Now when I try to log in I repeatedly get the "consumes large amounts of data warning".E...

• I recently reset my phone. I reinstalled Spotify, but every time I launch it I get a Error 112 message as it comes up. That message will go away in a second or two. Now when I try to log in I repe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Track information over bluetooth connection

My car supports music playback from bluetooth phones, both play/pause commands and track information (title, elapsed time etc). Spotify for iPhone sends track information, but when I use the Android Spotify app I do not get this! Can you please consi...

• Regular
  • My car supports music playback from bluetooth phones, both play/pause commands and track information (title, elapsed time etc).   Spotify for iPhone sends track information, but when I use the...
  • Sven
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only stream music as a premium member?

I am a premium member. I noticed to the left of the song name it will usually have alogo if the song is synced or not. This logo has gone away and it seems I can only stream my songs, not listen to them offline. This is frustrating because I have a b...

• I am a premium member. I noticed to the left of the song name it will usually have  alogo if the song is synced or not. This logo has gone away and it seems I can only stream my songs, not liste...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes in online mode

As soon as I go online to synchronize new songs the application crashes. Please help me!!

• Casual Listener
  • As soon as I go online to synchronize new songs the application crashes. Please help me!!
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will syncing my own music 'offline' use up all my phone's memory?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't quite understand how 'offline' mode works in terms of storage.I imported all the music I had on my PC into 'Local files' in Spotify. I then wanted to make a lot of this available offline on my mobile (HT...

• Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't quite understand how 'offline' mode works in terms of storage. I imported all the music I had on my PC into 'Local files' in Spotify. I then wanted to ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does the new Android app include ICS features?

Hi Does the new android app include the new features that Android ICS can have? Like lock screen media controls. It would help a lot. //Loffa

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Does the new android app include the new features that Android ICS can have? Like lock screen media controls. It would help a lot.   //Loffa
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Upgrade from Android 2.3.6 to 4: Pause/Play does not work on bluetooth A2DP client anymore

I was used to use a Bluetooth A2DP client with Spotify on my Android Nexus S with OS 2.3.6. After installing the newest Android OS 4 Spotify app is not able anymore to react anymore on Pause/Play pressed on my Bluetooth client wich is connected via A...

• Visitor
  • I was used to use a Bluetooth A2DP client with Spotify on my Android Nexus S with OS 2.3.6. After installing the newest Android OS 4 Spotify app is not able anymore to react anymore on Pause/Pla...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not detecting my phone for wifi sync

I would like to wirelessly sync my local files onto my HTC Evo 4G, but Spotify won't even detect it. I made sure Windows Firewall wasn't blocking it. It doesn't even work when I DISABLE Windows Firewall. Also, it detects my iPad just fine.

• I would like to wirelessly sync my local files onto my HTC Evo 4G, but Spotify won't even detect it. I made sure Windows Firewall wasn't blocking it. It doesn't even work when I DISABLE Windows Firew...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing spotify through car speakers using android smartphone

Hi guys Can anyone help me out with this.. Ive recently bought a new car and I am trying to play spotify through the car speakers using my htc android smartphone. Ive got a premium spotify account and use it on my mobile already. The car doesnt have ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys   Can anyone help me out with this..     Ive recently bought a new car and I am trying to play spotify through the car speakers using my htc android smartphone.   I...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes