Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Transaction failed but money was deducted

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceRedmi note 8 proOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI tried to upgrade to one month premium of 119 rs/month using my Airtel debit card but it said transaction failed. Money has been deducted and no refund has been in...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country India Device Redmi note 8 pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I tried to upgrade to one month premium of 119 rs/month using my Airtel debit ca...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues login in offline mode

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid 8.8 Before Spotify upgraded I did not have an issue logging in w...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Andr...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    galaxy s7
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Moving songs from "Next from" to "Queue" causes track text to freeze on screen

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOnePlus 7T ProOperating SystemOxygen OS 10.0.9 My Question or IssueFor some reason when I shuffle a playlist and drag a song from the list into my "Queue", the song title and artist text of the song I'm dragging duplicates, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device OnePlus 7T Pro Operating System Oxygen OS 10.0.9   My Question or Issue For some reason when I shuffle a playlist and drag a song from the list into my ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

songs cutting out abruptly mid-track

Songs are stopping abruptly before the track is finished, then the next track in the playlist begins. This is happening on an Android (LG G6) for all songs in my library and playlists (many of them are downloaded). The timing of the cut-off is not co...

• Visitor
  • Songs are stopping abruptly before the track is finished, then the next track in the playlist begins. This is happening on an Android (LG G6) for all songs in my library and playlists (many of them a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums Won't Play

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI can no longer listen to my downloaded albums offline while using Spotify Premium. I have no issues with my playlists, only the albums. When I try to play an album, I get a message saying "...

• Casual Listener
  •   (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I can no longer listen to my downloaded albums offline while using Spotify Premium.  I have no issues with my ...
  • ghook9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Podcast disappeared completely

PlanPremium - StudentCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueMy favourite podcast (I Hate It But I Love It) has disappeared! While streaming an episode, I tapped "go to podcast" and got the "there's nothing h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium - Student Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue My favourite podcast (I Hate It But I Love It) has disappeared! While s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I don't listen to "The Journal" or "The Daily" podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Note 8, Windows PCOperating SystemAndroid, Windows My Question or IssueI honestly don't think I have ever listened to a minute of either of these shows but they are listed as my "Top Podcasts" and they are taking up...

Screenshot_20200622-200907_Spotify.jpg Screenshot_20200622-200910_Spotify.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Note 8, Windows PC Operating System Android, Windows   My Question or Issue I honestly don't think I have ever listened to a minute of either of...
  • FuriousStyles1
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps disconnecting after 30-50 seconds when casting via Google Chrome

PlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceSamsung Galaxy A50Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps disconnecting after 30-50 seconds when casting via Google Chrome. I've reinstalled Spotify after deleting all data first and that helps only once...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country NL Device Samsung Galaxy A50 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps disconnecting after 30-50 seconds when casting via Google Chr...
  • pcope
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Android app crashes when I try to listen to podcasts

PlanFreeCountrySouth AfricaDeviceHuawei Mate 9Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueApp crashes when I try to listen to podcasts. Regardless of downloaded or streaming episode, regardless of length, every podcast episode on every show crashes...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country South Africa Device Huawei Mate 9 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue App crashes when I try to listen to podcasts.  Regardless of downloaded or s...
  • Marelise
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Mobile on Android crashes when playing local files

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMoto E4Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueSince Wednesday of last week I've been having problems with Spotify crashing when it attempts to play my local files. No updates are available for my phone or Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Moto E4 Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue Since Wednesday of last week I've been having problems with Spotify crashing when it attem...
  • z_d478y-509g8
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Bring back artists playlists

I don’t know why the mobile app version of Spotify has removed the artist playlists with songs liked by that artist. Now instead of being able to listen to a specific set of songs that I’ve liked by an artist, I am brought to that artists page. I thi...

• Visitor
  • I don’t know why the mobile app version of Spotify has removed the artist playlists with songs liked by that artist.  Now instead of being able to listen to a specific set of songs that I’ve lik...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Podcast] Search for episode from the podcasts I follow

Hi, guys! Do you know if somehow I can search for episode from the podcasts I follow? I have idea which keyword can work it out, but I've subscribed to a lot of podcasts and I can't find what I'm looking for. Thank you for the help!

• Gig Goer
  • Hi, guys!   Do you know if somehow I can search for episode from the podcasts I follow? I have idea which keyword can work it out, but I've subscribed to a lot of podcasts and I can't find wha...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcast Episides
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums will not load

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi MI9T ProOperating SystemMIUI 11.0.6 My Question or Issue I can search for Albums but if i click on an Album the Songs will not Load (in some cases they show up after 5-10 Minutes) Wifi and Mobile data behaves the...

Screenshot_2020-06-23-10-32-51-331_com.spotify.music.jpg
  • Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Xiaomi MI9T Pro Operating System MIUI 11.0.6   My Question or Issue   I can search for Albums but if i click on an Album the Songs wil...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Link does not work for Android App

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10e Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueFor example I try to open that linkhttps://open.spotify.com/track/3uHIMtXklRUZS4EtDTQkGu?si=JcTzvg0BSB6UygPqDz4oNQThe app opens, but neither does the t...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Germany  Device Samsung Galaxy S10e  Operating System Android 10    My Question or Issue For example I try to open that link https://open.spotify.c...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Setting dont open , cant play music

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceMaze Alpha Smartphone (Android 7.0)Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueI have trouble's playing music , I ve done all the steps you recommend (reinstall , loggout, ...) The issue: I can search for music i ha...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Maze Alpha Smartphone (Android 7.0) Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue I have trouble's playing music 😞 , I ve done all the steps ...
  • Johnnyiy
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bluetooth codecs

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceIphone SE Operating System(iOS 10)Hi,Can somebody tell me abouth spotify bluetooth quality on ios? How does the transcoding work? My headphones supports aac and aptx but from my understanding ios only outputs aac and th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device Iphone SE  Operating System (iOS 10) Hi, Can somebody tell me abouth spotify bluetooth quality on ios? How does the transcoding work? My headp...
  • herbertburki
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Crashes when trying to play podcasts

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceHuawei p20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello! I listen to alot of podcast on spotify but lately it crashes when i try to play a podcast. I pic an episode and it loads untill the app closes itself. First it...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Huawei p20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hello! I listen to alot of podcast on spotify but lately it crashes when i try to play a p...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect + Muso Naim = doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 My Question or IssueI am a user of Naim Muso 1st generation. It has a Spotify Connect.Unfortunately I cannot play any song using the App because it doesn't see the music system.Naim Muso is connected wi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Poland Device Samsung Galaxy S7   My Question or Issue I am a user of Naim Muso 1st generation. It has a Spotify Connect. Unfortunately I cannot play any so...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

AudioFX Equalizer stops working 'randomly'

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemLineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) My Question or IssueI use the preinstalled audio equalizer (AudioFX) for my phone audio when playing music over my Bluetooth earphones. This works well for YouTu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device OnePlus 3T Operating System LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10)   My Question or Issue I use the preinstalled audio equalizer (AudioFX) for my phone aud...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs keep pausing every second

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy A5 2017Operating SystemAndroid 8 I think? My Question or IssueI downloaded the app today and also immediately upgraded it to premium but whenever I try to play a song, it plays for 1 second and then pause...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Operating System Android 8 I think?   My Question or Issue I downloaded the app today and also immediately upgraded it to pre...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes