Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Haven't radio section and font section for Cyrillic. Нет раздела радио и шрифта на русские буквы.

Hello. Help solve the problem. The Spotify app on Android 10 on the latest version does not have font for russian letters and radio section. But the font was on the previous version of the app. What to do?Привет. Помогите решить проблему. Приложение ...

• Visitor
  • Hello. Help solve the problem. The Spotify app on Android 10 on the latest version does not have font for russian letters and radio section. But the font was on the previous version of the app. What ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Premium account, but no access to a Spotify at the PlayStore

PlanPremium FamilyCountryMontenegroDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI've purchased Spotify Family Premium here in Montenegro (Europe), and seems that having Spotify officially here doesn't mean that its accessible on Andr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country Montenegro Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I've purchased Spotify Family Premium here in Montenegro (Europe), and seems ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

(Android) Some lyrics didn't appear or got changed

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceHuawei Pad T1 7.0Operating SystemAndroid 4.4.2 My Question or IssueSome songs didn't have lyrics or got changed. It is because it is realised to cache cause I deleted the previous cache and data or is it something else...

Screenshot_2020-07-18-00-23-59.jpeg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Huawei Pad T1 7.0 Operating System Android 4.4.2   My Question or Issue Some songs didn't have lyrics or got changed. It is because it is realised ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem Resuming Music When Connected to Car Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI have a significant issue with Spotify when my phone is connected via Bluetooth to my car (Lexus RX450h). Usually when I listen to Google Play Music or Youtube on the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I have a significant issue with Spotify when my phone is connected via Bluetooth to ...
  • Cbillyr
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Low resolution of controls in notifications

PremiumRussiaRealme 6 pro android 10 Low resolution of control elements in the notification (check screenshots)

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Russia Realme 6 pro android 10     Low resolution of control elements in the notification (check screenshots)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Redmi note 9s not opening app

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDevice(xiaomi redmi note 9s) Operating SystemMiui global 11.0.9Android 10 My Question or IssueThe app is not opening /not responding. I cleared the storage and re installed it. Nothing changed. I am also using a redmi note 5 w...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Greece Device (xiaomi redmi note 9s)  Operating System Miui global 11.0.9 Android 10   My Question or Issue The app is not opening /not responding. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Local Songs to Mobile

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePixel 3 Android 10PC Win10My Question or IssueHey y'all. I have been reading on some forums about how one would go about syncing local files that I have on my desktop to my phone, and absolutely none of it has wor...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Pixel 3 Android 10 PC Win10 My Question or Issue Hey y'all. I have been reading on some forums about how one would go about syncing local files that ...
  • Bilong
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely Laggy on Android

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsungGalaxy Note 8 Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssuePast 2 or so Spotify has become extremely laggy almost as if my internet connection has been poor. Steps I've done to resolve this:1. Tried 3 diffe...

•   Plan Family Premium Country UK   Device SamsungGalaxy Note 8  Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Past 2 or so Spotify has become extremely laggy alm...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crashing
    Lag
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot see album content anymore

PlanFreeCountryRODeviceA3 2017Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueI can no longer tap the section under "SHUFFLE PLAY" to check the album content and the recommended tunes that get mixed in. It was perfectly working before, but at some po...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country RO Device A3 2017 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue I can no longer tap the section under "SHUFFLE PLAY" to check the album content and the recommende...
  • Thomas114
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Favorites Playlist Deleted

Hello! My favorites playlist just got deleted for no reason! I ordered premium and it just wasn't there, after some research I found out that it was indeed, deleted. Im using a Samsung S9+ if that changes anything.

• Hello!   My favorites playlist just got deleted for no reason! I ordered premium and it just wasn't there, after some research I found out that it was indeed, deleted. Im using a Samsung S9+ i...
  • sono2351
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with adding songs to playlists with recent July 2020 update

PlanFreeCountryUnited States DeviceGalaxy S10+ My Question or IssueWhy is it now that after the recent one update to your app that I have to look for a specific song in order to add it to a playlist? Before I could just look for a specific album and ...

• Plan Free Country United States  Device Galaxy S10+   My Question or Issue Why is it now that after the recent one update to your app that I have to look for a specific song in orde...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Intense color banding in gradients throughout the app

PlanPremium CountryIndia/USA DeviceONEPLUS 8 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueThe title says it all. I recently made the switch from iPhone to Android and the first thing I noticed was the color banding on the Spotify app. It is high...

• Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium   Country India/USA   Device ONEPLUS 8 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue The title says it all. I recently made the switch...
  • chit_singh_
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

I can no longer expand the song list under an artist?

PlanFreeCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating System My Question or IssueCan no longer expand the list under an artists name to view their most popular/streamed/whatever songs. Picture of the list thing below.

• Plan Free Country   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System     My Question or Issue Can no longer expand the list under an artists name to view their most popular/streamed/...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Swipe down gesture

Why android didn't get SWIPE DOWN GESTURE????????????? IOS have

• Why android didn't get SWIPE DOWN GESTURE?????????????   IOS have
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    swipe down
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't install on Samsung A40

Spotify is finally available in Serbia, so I have opened the account, installed deskto versions on Windows in the office and at home. However, I can't install Android version on my Samsung A40. I get the generic message on the both Google Play and Sa...

• Visitor
  • Spotify is finally available in Serbia, so I have opened the account, installed deskto versions on Windows in the office and at home. However, I can't install Android version on my Samsung A40. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Install
    Samsung
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android OS and mobile app not getting along

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 10App version8.5.66.1002My Question or Issue I've found simular-ish issues but I have some more specific observations. When listening to media, mostly podcasts for me, the app works fine....

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 10 App version 8.5.66.1002 My Question or Issue   I've found simular-ish issues but I have some more specific ob...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 10
    lockscreen
    Lockscreen control
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps crashing on Samsung S10e

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung S10eOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue The Spotify app keeps crashing unexpectedly on my Samsung S10e, even though I got the latest update from Spotify. Does anyone know what could be happening and how to so...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung S10e Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   The Spotify app keeps crashing unexpectedly on my Samsung S10e, even though I go...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play downloads when offline

PlanPremium (Family) CountryMalaysiaDeviceHuawei Nova 3iOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI can't seem to play my downloaded songs when offline. Everytime I go offline, and go to an album or playlist, I get a prompt saying "Something Went...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Family)  Country Malaysia Device Huawei Nova 3i Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I can't seem to play my downloaded songs when offline. Everytime I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The scroll bar is gone.

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceOnePlus 7T ProOperating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueAbout a month ago there was an update which made the scroll bar in the library gone.The same update made it available to my sister account which never had it. S...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Israel Device OnePlus 7T Pro Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue About a month ago there was an update which made the scroll bar in the library gone...
  • Undead_Raven
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 10
    Bar
    Oneplus
    Scroll
    scroll bar
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing at startup after android update

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 4.9.118-18847185 My Question or Issue Earlier this year i had problems with spotify on my phone. After i installed an android update i could no longer start spotify. It would ju...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 10  4.9.118-18847185   My Question or Issue   Earlier this year i had problems with spo...
  • dino9
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes