Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops when I use the app in the background

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 2016Operating System(Android) My Question or Issuemusic stops when I use the app in the background. Also the music starts again when I re-enter the application.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue music stops when I use the app in the background. Also the music sta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Android] Local files not playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceNokia 6.2Operating SystemAndroid 9, February Security Patch I am able to sync local files to my Android phone (Nokia 6.2, Android 9, February security patch). The titles appear as white, and have the downloaded symbol next t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Nokia 6.2 Operating System Android 9, February Security Patch   I am able to sync local files to my Android phone (Nokia 6.2, Android 9, February security...
  • techconspiracy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    local files
    problem
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting playlists

PlanPremiumCountryIndia Operating Systemandroid 7 and windows 10 My Question or Issue There is an option to sort playlists by recently added so that new songs are added to the top but then i'm unable to change their order. there should be an option t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India  Operating System android 7 and windows 10   My Question or Issue   There is an option to sort playlists by recently added so that new songs are add...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need plain lyrics

PlanPremiumCountryIndia Operating Systemandroid 7 and windows 10 My Question or Issue I don't care about the story of the lyrics or behind the scenes that you give with the genius lyrics. Just need simple plain lyrics, like amazon music. If possible ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India  Operating System android 7 and windows 10   My Question or Issue   I don't care about the story of the lyrics or behind the scenes that you give wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Managing and deleting downloaded songs

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaOperating SystemI use spotify on android 7 and windows 10 My Question or Issue I want a separate list of ALL my downloaded songs in the library. It should have each and every song i have downloaded on that device. and i need an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India Operating System I use spotify on android 7 and windows 10   My Question or Issue   I want a separate list of ALL my downloaded songs in the library. It ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast übertragung bricht seit 21.04. ständig ab

Hallo, seit gestern 21.04. bricht die Übertragung auf den "Google Chromecast Ultra" ständig ab. Am häufigsten wenn man die App auf dem Handy aus dem Hintergrund wieder öffnet, hier mit Video: https://youtu.be/qviH2k4ll9s Aber auch im laufenden Betrie...

• Regular
  • Hallo, seit gestern 21.04. bricht die Übertragung auf den "Google Chromecast Ultra" ständig ab.   Am häufigsten wenn man die App auf dem Handy aus dem Hintergrund wieder öffnet, hier mit Video...
  • Dagmaleo
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

How do I view my hidden music?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI was listening to a radio for an album and heard a song I liked. Tried to add it to my playlist but some one thought it was a good idea to have the fir...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I was listening to a radio for an album and heard a song I liked. Tried to a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App notification controls disappear/time out with Spotify Connect & Sonos

I know a similar bug existed recently and was apparently resolved for normal use cases, but I still have this problem when using Spotify Connect to play to Sonos. If I don't use the Spotify app for ~10 minutes, all the notification controls go away (...

• I know a similar bug existed recently and was apparently resolved for normal use cases, but I still have this problem when using Spotify Connect to play to Sonos.  If I don't  use the Spoti...
  • hortonio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 17 likes

Solved!! New 'Liked songs' playlist has added every song I've saved!

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMoto G5sOperating SystemAndroid Oreo The new update arrived a day or so ago and while I was pleased to see the 'Liked Songs' playlist - at last! - I was surprised that there were already almost 8,000 songs in it!It didn't ta...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Moto G5s Operating System Android Oreo   The new update arrived a day or so ago and while I was pleased to see the 'Liked Songs' playlist - at las...
  • SJDrury
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 19 likes

Equalizer Xiaomi - Bose QC35II

Hello everyone !I have a problem on my phone with spotify app , in the equalizer section the bass booster won't work correctly ! When the bass booster is off i got real bass in my headphone but when i enable this option bass are flat. It's like the b...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone ! I have a problem on my phone with spotify app , in the equalizer section the bass booster won't work correctly ! When the bass booster is off i got real bass in my headphone but whe...
  • ninjaper477474
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Equalizer
    MIUI11
    QC35II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Android - blank ads

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueApp keeps getting stuck on endless empty ads. Have to restart the app to resume. It's not every time, but about half of the ads do this. It's like there's a broken on...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue App keeps getting stuck on endless empty ads. Have to restart the app to resume. It's...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs Skipping on Samsung Galaxy S8

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 My Question or IssueOn my galaxy s8, every other song is skipped. It doesn't matter if it's in an album or playlist, they just refuse to play unless I specifically click on them. I use...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device Samsung Galaxy S8   My Question or Issue On my galaxy s8, every other song is skipped. It doesn't matter if it's  in an album o...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Ayuda! Daily mix no actualiza

Hola!Hace un mes aprox me desaparecieron daily mixes, y solo quedo una que no se actualiza y no refleja la música que escucho.Ya desinstalé e instalé la app, pero no pasó nada.Tengo android cuenta premiumAyuda! PlanPremiumCountryArgentina Device(Moto...

• Hola! Hace un mes aprox me desaparecieron daily mixes, y solo quedo una que no se actualiza y no refleja la música que escucho. Ya desinstalé e instalé la app, pero no pasó nada. Tengo android cue...
  • marta_pollo
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily Mixes
    dailymix
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle on even when I disable it on my Liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung S9Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 OreoMy Question or Issue I have shuffle disabled on my Liked Song playlist on all devices, but it seems that after a while listening to the songs, they play in a randomized way,even ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Samsung S9 Operating System Android 8.0 Oreo My Question or Issue   I have shuffle disabled on my Liked Song playlist on all devices, but it seems th...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Has the interface for the Fire TV app changed?

Since about two days ago, the app interface for Fire TV has changed. Now it looks like that of my iOS app, whereas previously the screen contained more thumbnails and more information. Is this change permanent? I actually prefer the previous interfac...

• Regular
  • Since about two days ago, the app interface for Fire TV has changed. Now it looks like that of my iOS app, whereas previously the screen contained more thumbnails and more information.   &...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • FireTV
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Auto rediscover playlists

How do I stop rediscover playlists appearing. I want to stop these altogether as it gets annoying trying to find my own playlist.

• Casual Listener
  • How do I stop rediscover playlists appearing.  I want to stop these altogether as it gets annoying trying to find my own playlist.
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App Crashes on Startup, Keeps showing crash message over and over afterwards

This started happening about a week ago after listening to some podcast. I then updated my phone to the newest official firmware version because mine was pretty outdated. Now that I updated my phone, the app crashes almost instantly all the time. I d...

• Music Fan
  • This started happening about a week ago after listening to some podcast. I then updated my phone to the newest official firmware version because mine was pretty outdated. Now that I updated my phone,...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    recurring
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile won't connect with Tinder

Hi there, I have a Huawei Pro Mate 9 that won't connect with Tinder. My Spotify playlist and top artists connected to Tinder a month ago but after I deleted my (Tinder) account and reinstalled it seems to have disappeared from the dating app. There's...

• Hi there,  I have a Huawei Pro Mate 9 that won't connect with Tinder. My Spotify playlist and top artists connected to Tinder a month ago but after I deleted my (Tinder) account and reinstalled...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Playlist Order is Completely Different from Desktop

I have an extensive set of playlists based on mood and function, I have organized the specifically on my Desktop app. But every time I use Spotify on my phone, the list is COMPLETELY OUT OF ORDER! I'm using caps because this is INSANE?! What the **bl...

• Roadie
  • I have an extensive set of playlists based on mood and function, I have organized the specifically on my Desktop app. But every time I use Spotify on my phone, the list is COMPLETELY OUT OF ORDER! I'...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • List Order
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android and Apple.. Spotify stops playing on SONOS and Spotify Apps

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanada Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhy does Spotify skip or stop playing on SONOS? I have reset system, reinstalled apps, ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Canada     Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes