Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I've many problems with the app in Android 7.1.2

PlanPremiumCountry ARGENTINADevice: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.2 My Question or IssueBugs to repair since latest app update:- Music playback stops in the middle of a song. - I can't forward tracks. So I have to close the app and o...

• Plan Premium Country  ARGENTINA Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Operating System Android 7.1.2   My Question or Issue Bugs to repair since latest app update: - Music playback stops in...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops randomly

Music stops/pause playing randomly, sometimes it works for 10 minutes and sometimes for 5 hours. This is happening on 5 devices.I've got a family premium sub. and everyone has the same problem.This happends with both offline and online mode.The phone...

• Music stops/pause playing randomly, sometimes it works for 10 minutes and sometimes for 5 hours. This is happening on 5 devices. I've got a family premium sub. and everyone has the same problem...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music
    pause
    paused
    randomly
    stop
    stops
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

No Code scanner for my account

PlanFreeCountryPhilippines Device(huawei Y5-II My Question or Issuei updated to the latest version yet i still dont have the code scanner/camera option.

• Plan Free Country Philippines   Device (huawei Y5-II   My Question or Issue i updated to the latest version yet i still dont have the code scanner/camera option.    
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Code scanner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Privacy issues

So I love the fact that Spotify is a music streaming service + social media (if one chooses so). If that's the case there needs to be some privacy option in place.I love the social option and have been fortunate enough to not have issues with it. Lat...

• Casual Listener
  • ...nd her only option was to essentially disable the public info and/or switch accounts completely. If Spotify wants to move forward with the social media aspect, please add the option to block f...
  • vikasaldana
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes/shuts down that view when pressing Share

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThere seems to be an issue with my Spotify where any time I press the Share button from the options menu, the current view / the app crashes and ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  United States Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue There seems to be an issue with my Spotify where an...
  • saumya9888
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Tablet mode on Mi Pad 4

PlanFreeDeviceMi Pad 4Operating SystemAndroid 8.1 Miui9 My Question or IssueTablet features not work in mi pad 4, I only can listen music on shuffle mode, but cannot select any song.

•   Plan Free Device Mi Pad 4 Operating System Android 8.1 Miui9   My Question or Issue Tablet features not work in mi pad 4, I only can listen music on shuffle mode, but cannot sele...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

most of screaming **bleep** murder missing

Only 3 tracks show PlanPremium Country Most of the album is missing from spotify only 3 tracks show up (title track, baby you don't wanna know and Blood in my eyes show up even after I hit save full albumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S4 and BLU Life One X2Ope...

• Casual Listener
  • Only 3 tracks show  Plan Premium  Country  Most of the album is missing from spotify only 3 tracks show up (title track,  baby you don't wanna know and Blood in my eyes show u...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Coffee Break Spanish podcast error

Hi. I get an error when trying to access the Coffee Break Spanish podcast. Was working fine until a few days ago. Any help would be great.PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceNexus 5xOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue ...

• Hi.  I get an error when trying to access the Coffee Break Spanish podcast. Was working fine until a few days ago. Any help would be great. Plan Premium Country UK  Device Nexus 5x ...
  • lusibg87s
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't queue songs while casting

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMoto G4Operating SystemAndroid 7.1 My Question or IssueSince updating to version 8.4.66.733 I can't add anything to the queue whilst casting (Chromecast audio). I can add to the queue when playing through my phone's speakers...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Moto G4 Operating System Android 7.1   My Question or Issue Since updating to version 8.4.66.733 I can't add anything to the queue whilst casti...
  • mwstephensandah
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 19 likes

Problem searching music even with wifi connected. I have a Galaxy S8.

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or Issue Even with wifi connected i can't search music. Message appear is: your aren't connected to internet. I tried erasing cache memory from spotify and the cell...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue  Even with wifi connected i can't search music. Message appear is: your ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

can't share songs

PlanPremiumCountry United States of AmericaDevice(Google Pixel 2) My Question or Issue I just got a Google Pixel 2, but for some reason I can't share songs with anyone on it. When I press share, the app just closes. Is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States of America Device (Google Pixel 2)   My Question or Issue  I just got a Google Pixel 2, but for some reason I can't share songs with anyone ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

App reset every time i want to share a song

Is anyone having the same issue . A few days ago on was going to share a song and every time I click share the app keep crashing and I'm unable to share any content . I'm currently using android 8.0.0

• Is anyone having the same issue . A few days ago on was going to share a song and every time I click share the app keep crashing and I'm unable to share any content . I'm currently using android 8.0.0
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't find The **bleep** Put the Dinosaurs Here album

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S5Operating SystemAndroid Lollipop My Question or Issue I can't find "The **bleep** Put the Dinosaurs Here" album by Alice in Chains. Ever since their newest album was released August 24th, I can't...

• Plan Premium Country  United States Device Samsung Galaxy S5 Operating System Android Lollipop   My Question or Issue  I can't find "The **bleep** Put the Dinosaurs Here" alb...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Random notifications ?

PlanPremiumCountryVietnamDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue For some reason, my phone randomly received notifications that music is playing on my MacBook but I'm no one in the (locked) room, nor did the 2 devices...

• Plan Premium Country Vietnam Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   For some reason, my phone randomly received notifications t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify refreshes when I try to share a song

Whenever I try to share a song from spotify, the app refreshes and replays the songPlanFree/PremiumDeviceOnePlus3Operating SystemAndriod 8.0.0/OxygenOS 5.0.4

• Whenever I try to share a song from spotify, the app refreshes and replays the song Plan Free/Premium Device OnePlus3 Operating System Andriod 8.0.0/OxygenOS 5.0.4  
  • jymrbnty
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't share a song or playlist on the app, crashes every time. Please help!

The Spotify app crashes and returns to the home screen every time I try to share a song or playlist! Any ideas??

• The Spotify app crashes and returns to the home screen every time I try to share a song or playlist! Any ideas??  
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Wont let me share my music with Facebook

I've tried everything logging in and out/ uninstalling both apps and re installing them. Checking the connections between both in the settings. Signed in in many different ways. Turned off and on my phone and still nothing. Cleaned out data and cache...

•    I've tried everything logging in and out/ uninstalling both apps and re installing them. Checking the connections between both in the settings. Signed in in many different ways. Turned ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Software Crashes When Trying To "Share"

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceLG V30 (LG-H931)Operating SystemAndroid Oreo (8.0.0)Software (Spotify) Version8.4.67.886 armv7 My IssueHello!When attempting to 'Share' a song, the app freezes (no button response) and then closes/crash...

• Plan Premium Country United States of America Device LG V30 (LG-H931) Operating System Android Oreo (8.0.0) Software (Spotify) Version 8.4.67.886 armv7     My Issue Hello! ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

I cant share the music im listening in any social network

Hi, since a cople of days ive having troubles with the option "share". I cant share what im listening in any social network, pls help.

• Hi, since a cople of days ive having troubles with the option "share". I cant share what im listening in any social network, pls help.  
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists can no longer be sorted?

Spotify on Android used to sort my starred playlist from newest added to oldest. I was find with this because that's how I wanted it. Not it's reverted to sorting from oldest to newest and no matter where I look in the UI, there's no option to change...

• Regular
  • Spotify on Android used to sort my starred playlist from newest added to oldest. I was find with this because that's how I wanted it. Not it's reverted to sorting from oldest to newest and no matter ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes