Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Something went wrong

I know this is an regular error but I have already tried almost all solutions...Clean install and log out from all accounts once...I am using premium but I cant even see my home page or take a look at any of artists pageThis problem keeps coming at: ...

• Casual Listener
  • I know this is an regular error but I have already tried almost all solutions... Clean install and log out from all accounts once... I am using premium but I cant even see my home page or take a lo...
  • JoeGould1111
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Failed to listen to a song i chosed to dislike

I disliked 1 song by illenium on my phone and I cant listen to that song again in all platform. Anyone knows how to listen to that song again??? Because it always says "this song is not available"

• I disliked 1 song by illenium on my phone and I cant listen to that song again in all platform. Anyone knows how to listen to that song again??? Because it always says "this song is not available" &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't open on my Android device

Hello, My android app won't open after I logged in. So this is what happens:as soon as I open it the screen is gray for half a second and it closes again. I tried almost everything I guess:Rebooted deviceCleared data (after this the app opens but whe...

• Hello,    My android app won't open after I logged in. So this is what happens: as soon as I open it the screen is gray for half a second and it closes again.   I tried almost eve...
  • Jayco
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Oneplus 5 - wrong "offline" error. Cannot use home and search function

I am running the Spotify app on a Oneplus 5 with Android 8.0.0 (stable release, nothing modded). I have a premium family account and the other members of the subscription have no problem at all. I cannot visualize the home (I get a generic error mess...

• Casual Listener
  • I am running the Spotify app on a Oneplus 5 with Android 8.0.0 (stable release, nothing modded). I have a premium family account and the other members of the subscription have no problem at all. &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

I can't disable "behind the lyrics"

I got this problem on my Samsung s8. The disabling option appears, but when I touch, "behind the lyrics" stays there. Answer? Latest software latest spotify version

• I got this problem on my Samsung s8. The disabling option appears, but when I touch, "behind the lyrics" stays there. Answer? Latest software latest spotify version
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify taking up too much storage on phone

Spotify is using up the vast proportion of storage of my phone but although I've saved lots of music, I've not downloaded anything. I thought that only downloaded music was stored on the phone (and therefore would use phone storage space) to use when...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is using up the vast proportion of storage of my phone but although I've saved lots of music, I've not downloaded anything. I thought that only downloaded music was stored on the phone (and t...
  • Lmdaj
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Reproducción automatica no funciona

La siguiente canción no sé reproduce de forma automatica amenos que tenga la aplicación en primer plano. Si bloqueo la pantalla al terminar la canción se para y no reproduce la siguiente hasta que no vuelva a entrar a la aplicación. Uso un galaxy J.

• La siguiente canción no sé reproduce de forma automatica amenos que tenga la aplicación en primer plano. Si bloqueo la pantalla al terminar la canción se para y no reproduce la siguiente hasta que no...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

"MY Library" Missing

At some point my app went from having 5 tabs on the bottom to 4. What's missing is the "my library" tab, where I could see all of my saved songs, artists, albums etc. Oddly enough, my wife still has all 5 tabs on her phone (and she is on the latest v...

• Casual Listener
  • At some point my app went from having 5 tabs on the bottom to 4. What's missing is the "my library" tab, where I could see all of my saved songs, artists, albums etc. Oddly enough, my wife still has ...
  • SniperKirby
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[ANDROID/EMUI] Shutdown problems with Huawei P9 Lite

The app shuts down in my Huawei P9 Lite (android 7.0 EMUI 5.0) for no apparent reason. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • The app shuts down in my Huawei P9 Lite (android 7.0 EMUI 5.0) for no apparent reason. Any ideas?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Notifications are stopping Spotify playback

Multiple notifications are stopping playback while I'm listening to Spotify on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Oddly enough, it was notifications from Spotifiy itself that would cause my music to stop, but I noticed today it was my WhatsApp that did it. This is N...

• Music Fan
  • Multiple notifications are stopping playback while I'm listening to Spotify on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Oddly enough, it was notifications from Spotifiy itself that would cause my music to stop, but I noti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cant listen to album

hi, im trying to listen to a Nightwish's album named Dark Passion Play, and only 1 song is working.. the rest of the album i see the songs and everything but can not listen to them..

• hi, im trying to listen to a Nightwish's album named Dark Passion Play, and only 1 song is working.. the rest of the album i see the songs and everything but can not listen to them..
  • Archcraig
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile App - Play, Pause, and Skip Using Headphone/Headset with Controls.

Hi I've got a Samsung galaxy s8, Spotify doesn't seem to recognise my headphones Sennhiesser momentum s v1 it plays music fine but so I can't skip tracks or pause them, I had the s6 before which was ok. Any help would be great.

• Hi I've got a Samsung galaxy s8, Spotify doesn't seem to recognise my headphones Sennhiesser momentum s v1 it  plays  music fine but so I can't skip tracks or pause them, I had the s6 befor...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Not Offline - Android - Cant search (FIXED)

This is happening for no reason. I am online - no resctrictions on my phone. - uninstalled, cleared cache, re-installed, changed password, desktop version works, all "fixes" on the forum tried and failed. Cant search artist, albums, or songs. Cant se...

• Casual Listener
  • This is happening for no reason. I am online - no resctrictions on my phone. - uninstalled, cleared cache, re-installed, changed password, desktop version works, all "fixes" on the forum tried and fa...
  • aramisk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android: Spotify stops playback

Got the problem since a couple of days. Spotify just stops the playback randomly. So far only if screen is locked, frequently right after locking. Interestingly it doesnt pause the track, it actually cancels it. So if I unlock the screen and start pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Got the problem since a couple of days. Spotify just stops the playback randomly. So far only if screen is locked, frequently right after locking. Interestingly it doesnt pause the track, it act...
  • Halfway_Crook
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No option storage in settings

Hi:My android smartphone is a LG X150, with Android 5.0.2. I´ve a microSD card 4 GB. I'm premium user. I try change the device storage to SD card, but the option Storage in settings menu is disappeared.I have reinstalled the apps, clear cache, data, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi: My android smartphone is a LG X150, with Android 5.0.2. I´ve a microSD card 4 GB. I'm premium user. I try change the device storage to SD card, but the option Storage in settings menu is disappe...
  • patbeppo
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

[Android] Downloaded Music Will Not Play

I have Spotify Premium Student for listening to music offline and I have my entire library of about 700 songs downloaded and stored on my SD card. However, when I try to play any of my downloaded music offline, it will load but not play if I am not o...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium Student for listening to music offline and I have my entire library of about 700 songs downloaded and stored on my SD card. However, when I try to play any of my downloaded mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 6.0.1 playback issues
    Offline availability not working
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast Audio - Skipping tracks breaks the connection.

I can't seem to skip tracks on spotiy when the audio device is a Chromecast Audio without the songs stopping, or hanging. Where as if I leave the song playing it always goes to the next song no worries. Both apps have been updated to latest versions....

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to skip tracks on spotiy when the audio device is a Chromecast Audio without the songs stopping, or hanging. Where as if I leave the song playing it always goes to the next song no worri...
  • solaratmidnight
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Track skips a couple seconds ahead once the power button is pressed.

This happens every single time. The act of pressing the power button, or even the screen turning on from a notification causes the track on spotify to skip ahead a second or two. I tried reinstalling entirely, tried on different networks, different p...

• Casual Listener
  • This happens every single time. The act of pressing the power button, or even the screen turning on from a notification causes the track on spotify to skip ahead a second or two. I tried reinstalling...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Chromecast No longer?

I can no longer play Spotify from my Android phone to my TV with Chromecast. Spotify says I need to download their app on my smart TV, but I can't find the app on my TV. It's a Philips Smart TV. Is there a new update/version of the Android app that m...

• I can no longer play Spotify from my Android phone to my TV with Chromecast. Spotify says I need to download their app on my smart TV, but I can't find the app on my TV. It's a Philips Smart TV. Is t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes