Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't works on my computer

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, My Spotify app doesn't works on my computer. I tried the Microsoft app, the Desktop app, both don't work since few months. I tried a lot of issues (clear cache, upd...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello,   My Spotify app doesn't works on my computer. I tried the Microsoft app, the Des...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify opens but than stays blank

PremiumGermany DeviceMacBook Pro 2018Operating Systemmac OS Catalina Hello Community, I have a long lasting problem with the Spotify-App on my MacBook. When I open the app, it stays blank and it seems to crash somehow, because I can't acces any part ...

• Visitor
  • Premium Germany   Device MacBook Pro 2018 Operating System mac OS Catalina   Hello Community,   I have a long lasting problem with the Spotify-App on my MacBook. When I open ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Opening at Login

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiMac Late 2015Operating SystemCatalina Spotify opens on login. I've turned off the log in through Spotify's settings. I've checked my iMac login preferences and it's not listed. I don't want it to open at the login. Please ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iMac Late 2015 Operating System Catalina   Spotify opens on login. I've turned off the log in through Spotify's settings. I've checked my iMac log...
  • whiteyg
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 30 on Macbook

For some reason my spotify won't let me log in, no matter what I try, and it always says "A firwall may be blocking spotify" Here's a screenshot: Please helpPlan: FreeCountry: Indonesia DeviceMacbook Air 2018Operating SystemHow can I fix it??

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 19.22.31.png
  • Visitor
  • For some reason my spotify won't let me log in, no matter what I try, and it always says "A firwall may be blocking spotify" Here's a screenshot:   Please help Plan: Free Country: In...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Viewing 'About' of an artist auto scrolls to bottom

When I go to the 'About' tab of an artists and go back to their main page, spotify will autoscroll all the way to the bottom of that artists page. To recreate: 1) Select an Artist, it should bring you to their 'Overview' page/tab 2) Select the 'About...

• Casual Listener
  • When I go to the 'About' tab of an artists and go back to their main page, spotify will autoscroll all the way to the bottom of that artists page.   To recreate:   1) Select an Artist, ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • bug
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

[Desktop][Other] ad freezes my screen on macbook

So my Spotify screen keeps freezing and the only reason i see is that an ad for AIRFrance that is on top of where the song progress bar is. The ad has a white background and the little plane avatar it has is moving but everything in my screen except ...

• Visitor
  • So my Spotify screen keeps freezing and the only reason i see is that an ad for AIRFrance that is on top of where the song progress bar is. The ad has a white background and the little plane avatar i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Loved songs information not correct on playlist view for generated radios

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceMacBook Pro 13'' 2019Operating SystemmacOS 10.15 My Question or IssueThe heart to the left on radios generated from playlists doesn't appear to be always correct. Many times, heart at the bottom of the window appears full...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device MacBook Pro 13'' 2019 Operating System macOS 10.15   My Question or Issue The heart to the left on radios generated from playlists doesn't appear to b...
  • ManuMateos
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    macOS
    Radio
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play song, it keeps changing

When I try to play my playlist or any song that I want to listen after 10s it changes to a random artist that I don't know. I tried to change my password or logout all the devices and it still doesn't work. Can you please help me? I do have the Preni...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to play my playlist or any song that I want to listen after 10s it changes to a random artist that I don't know. I tried to change my password or logout all the devices and it still doesn'...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tell Spotify NOT to play certain songs or albums

Hi, I am looking to find out whether it is possible to tell Spotify that I don't like certain songs or albums. For example, when I ask it to play Taylor Swift's Red album, it plays the Red (Big Machine Radio) version which is full of interviews and t...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I am looking to find out whether it is possible to tell Spotify that I don't like certain songs or albums. For example, when I ask it to play Taylor Swift's Red album, it plays the Red (...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't install Spotify on Mac OSX 10.13.6?

I have tried many times but with no luck . When I go to cancel after the progress bar has hardly moved for ages, it says almost complete but nothing happens and keeps retrying. Thanks in advanceCountrySADeviceIMAC Osx 10.13.6

• Visitor
  • I have tried many times but with no luck . When I go to cancel after the progress bar has hardly moved for ages, it says almost complete but nothing happens and keeps retrying.   Thanks in adv...
  • Pretika
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My profile picture isn't updating

Plan FreeCountry DeviceMacbook pro 2019 My Question or IssueMy profile picture isn't updating. I wanted to change my profile picture and now I have been trying to do it for like 30 minutes. I restarted my computer, logged out and logged back in, trie...

• Visitor
  • Plan  Free Country   Device Macbook pro 2019   My Question or Issue My profile picture isn't updating. I wanted to change my profile picture and now I have been trying to do it...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • profile picture
    updating profile picture
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Recently Played" row under "Home" menu item not updating.

PlanPremiumCountryUSOperating SystemWindows 10, MacOS Mojave My Question or IssueThe recently played section under "Home" is not updating for me. I have tried multiple steps to resolve, logging out and in, listening on all my devices, uninstalling an...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Operating System Windows 10, MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue The recently played section under "Home" is not updating for me. I have tried multiple st...
  • wreckoning90125
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrong artists showing up with the same name

Hi Probably posting this in the wrong place so apologies but is there anything that can be done to prevent and fix artists with the same name showing up in the wrong playlists? My release radar playlist regularly has new tracks by artists I love yet ...

• Regular
  • Hi Probably posting this in the wrong place so apologies but is there anything that can be done to prevent and fix artists with the same name showing up in the wrong playlists? My release radar playl...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • genre
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local files to "spotify" songs

Hello. I'm new on Spotify. I have some questions.I have always had my music on my Mac as local files and listened them on iTunes. And also I have always had an ipod to listen my music. Now I want to move to Spotify because I have a new phone that can...

• Hello. I'm new on Spotify. I have some questions. I have always had my music on my Mac as local files and listened them on iTunes. And also I have always had an ipod to listen my music. Now I want t...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Deleted Songs keep playing

Plan- PremiumCountry USA(iPhone XS, XR, Macbook Pro Early 2018)Operating System(iOS 10.) Hi, I mix and change my playlists quite a lot and for the last 4 years or so Spotify continually plays deleted songs on multiple playlists. I have been on this f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan- Premium Country USA (iPhone XS, XR,  Macbook Pro Early 2018) Operating System (iOS 10.)   Hi,   I mix and change my playlists quite a lot and for the last 4 years or...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Deleted songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac Os Catalina A firewall may be blocking Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceiMac 2017Operating SystemMac Os Catalina My Question or IssueI probably have the same issue that some other people have.I read many guided answers but unfortunately couldn't solve the problem.I tried to set my country lo...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Greece Device iMac 2017 Operating System Mac Os Catalina   My Question or Issue I probably have the same issue that some other people have. I read many gu...
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Using Bluetooth for only Spotify (not other computer audio) on Macbook

I would like to use a bluetooth speaker to play spotify during the workday. But when I connect my macbook to the speaker ALL sounds divert to the speaker. Is there a way to connect only the Spotify App with the speaker? Other email or IM notification...

• Visitor
  • I would like to use a bluetooth speaker to play spotify during the workday. But when I connect my macbook to the speaker ALL sounds divert to the speaker. Is there a way to connect only the Spotify A...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't load my liked songs, not even the search engine works.

My Question or Issue Hi. It takes for Spotify more than 30 minutes, if it does it at all, to load my Liked Songs. When I try to look up an artist of anything, the search engine doesn't even work at all. I'm on my iMac, macOS Mojave. I researched a li...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   Hi. It takes for Spotify more than 30 minutes, if it does it at all, to load my Liked Songs. When I try to look up an artist of anything, the search engine doesn't even ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [macOS Desktop - Premium] Cannot sort songs by title, length or popularity

Problem: Cannot sort songs by title, length or popularity Reproduce: Search for a song, then click on results and try to sort via title, length or popularity. Headers/icons do not respond to clicks. Note: Sorting WORKS for my own playlists but not al...

• Music Fan
  • Problem: Cannot sort songs by title, length or popularity Reproduce: Search for a song, then click on results and try to sort via title, length or popularity. Headers/icons do not respond to clicks. ...
  • bonesss
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't allow songs that I had previously hidden

A while ago, I had hidden some songs while listening to Spotify on my iPhone. However, there are a couple that I would now like to listen to. On my phone, nothing happens when I click on them to listen, and on my MacBook, it says "We can't play this ...

• Casual Listener
  • A while ago, I had hidden some songs while listening to Spotify on my iPhone. However, there are a couple that I would now like to listen to. On my phone, nothing happens when I click on them to list...
  • DavidN3
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
    Mac
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes