Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Poor sound quality for particular artists

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Macbook Pro Retina 2016Operating System: OSxSong: This is the thing by Fink This and a few other songs by the same artist seem to have incredibly compressed sound when compared to other services. Other songs seem fine...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Macbook Pro Retina 2016 Operating System: OSx Song: This  is the thing by Fink   This and a few other songs by the same artist seem t...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Re-arrange Playlist Order

Previously one could re-arrange the order of the actual playlists by accessing the desktop version of Spotify and dragging the playlists in the side bar to the left. However, with the recent change to the desktop interface (at least on a Mac) the sid...

• Previously one could re-arrange the order of the actual playlists by accessing the desktop version of Spotify and dragging the playlists in the side bar to the left. However, with the recent change t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist Organization
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Bar

PlanPremiumCountry UK Device( Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(mojave) On the desktop app on my mac, the search bar has gone missing. I now have to click search to reach this. Has this been removed recently?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device ( Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (mojave)   On the desktop app on my mac, the search bar has gone missing. I now have to click search to r...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Stream SAME song at SAME time on TWO desktops in SAME house

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacbook, Macbook ProOperating SystemLatest OS My Question or IssueI am hosting a party. I do not have wireless bluetooth speakers. However, I do have speakers that I regularly plug into with an AUX cable. I want to play the...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device Macbook, Macbook Pro Operating System Latest OS   My Question or Issue I am hosting a party. I do not have wireless bluetooth speakers. However,...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Question about Playlists

So, I recently exceeded my playlist on Spotify. Now, I want to continue this playlist in a second part. Now here is where my problem lies: I don't want to have the same tracks from the first one be on the second one. I wish there was a way to "Skip D...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I recently exceeded my playlist on Spotify. Now, I want to continue this playlist in a second part. Now here is where my problem lies: I don't want to have the same tracks from the first one...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unavailable songs not greyed-out in my playlist

Premium plan, Canada, Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2014, macOS 10.12.6 I created a playlist using the desktop app, selecting songs that are available (not greyed-out). However, several songs are not playable. When I view the playlist via a web browser, they a...

• Regular
  • Premium plan, Canada, Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2014, macOS 10.12.6   I created a playlist using the desktop app, selecting songs that are available (not greyed-out). However, several song...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • macOS X
    Unavailable songs
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back search bar in all pages

After a recent Spotify for Mac update, I have noted that the search bar has disappeared from all pages, in favor of a new "search" item in the left menu. I personally (and think a lot of people do) use the search bar very frequently and it is very in...

• Casual Listener
  • After a recent Spotify for Mac update, I have noted that the search bar has disappeared from all pages, in favor of a new "search" item in the left menu. I personally (and think a lot of people do) u...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify Won't Play Selected Music

Plan: PremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacBook Pro 2014Operating SystemMacOS Sierra VersionVersion 10.12.06 My Question or IssueWhenever I try to play a song that I select manually, it keeps stating that "Spotify can't play this file right now. If you have it...

•   Plan:  Premium Country USA   Device MacBook Pro 2014 Operating System MacOS Sierra Version Version 10.12.06   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play a song tha...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can's install Spotify Desktop for Mac

Hi, I've being using Spotify properly for several years, with no problem. Yesterday, I found the app unistalled and downloaded a new version (I did nothing, it was an strange automatic process). The problem is that the new installation allways stuck....

• Hi,   I've being using Spotify properly for several years, with no problem. Yesterday, I found the app unistalled and downloaded a new version (I did nothing, it was an strange automatic proce...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    installation
    Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will only play random songs?!

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemIOS is up to date My Question or IssueEverytime I go to play music on my macbook, I'll click a song on one of my playlists, then after that completely random songs come on? I just want it to stay on...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Macbook Pro Operating System IOS is up to date   My Question or Issue Everytime I go to play music on my macbook, I'll click a song on one of my play...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify does not update music list correctly

Plan Family Premium Country Chile DeviceMAC DESKTOPOperating SystemIOS X EL CAPITAN My Question or Issue Well I can open Spotify and install in my mac, buth the list in this mac don't uptade and i can't lesing the music i search...i try desinstall an...

• Plan Family Premium  Country Chile   Device MAC DESKTOP Operating System IOS X EL CAPITAN   My Question or Issue   Well I can open Spotify and install in my mac, bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify should separate the "artists" and "friends", not mix them.

Artists and friends that i follow must appear separately, not mixed.With the new update, in the artists section, only the artist you follow appears in the "artists" menu. These artists should not appear in the "following" menu of the user.This is bas...

• Roadie
  • Artists and friends that i follow must appear separately, not mixed. With the new update, in the artists section, only the artist you follow appears in the "artists" menu. These artists should not a...
  • 03-ckyvl_ivh5
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • artists
    Friends
    Separate
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to display all songs on Artist's Page

Plan : PremiumCountry : Japan Device : Macbook and iPhone My Question or Issue : Are there any methods to display all songs on Artist's page? There are "Popular" and "Album & EP" sections but I can't find the way to display all songs at once.Thank yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan : Premium Country : Japan   Device : Macbook and iPhone   My Question or Issue :   Are there any methods to display all songs on Artist's page? There are "Popular" and...
  • chappie165
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads Freezing

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceMacbook AirOperating SystemMaverics~Mojave My Question or Issue The ads that are being displayed freeze. It freezes the entire app and it doesn't UNfreeze on its own. I have to either click pause/play (sometimes repeatedly), ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country  USA Device Macbook Air Operating System Maverics~Mojave   My Question or Issue  The ads that are being displayed freeze. It freezes the entire app ...
  • roxannebdk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Unfollowing artists against my will

Hello. Constantly artists become unfollowed from my profile, without me taking any action. I am 200% sure I did follow some artists several times, and still become unfollowed after some time. Plan PremiumCountry RomaniaDevice iPhone 8Operating System...

• Music Fan
  • Hello. Constantly artists become unfollowed from my profile, without me taking any action. I am 200% sure I did follow some artists several times, and still become unfollowed after some time. &...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

Mac app crashes around 2 minute mark

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceMacBook Pro (Mid 2015)Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueI have the same issue as this poster on my Mac (running Spotify 1.1.2.285.ga97985ef) except that for me the app crashes around the 1 minu...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country India Device MacBook Pro (Mid 2015) Operating System macOS High Sierra 10.13.6   My Question or Issue I have the same issue as this poster on my Mac (running Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't show spotify status on discord

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceIphone 6s , Macbook air early 2015OSiOS 12.1.4 , High Sierra Hi all, why i can't show up my spotify status on my discord.i already make sure that on my iphone & macbook have the same user then tried connect my account...

• Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Iphone 6s , Macbook air early 2015 OS iOS 12.1.4 , High Sierra   Hi all,   why i can't show up my spotify status on my discord. i already m...
  • marcaevans
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • discord fix issue bug
    macbook air
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [bug][macOs][Playlists] Lost addition date on songs added prior to the 1st of February 2019

Device(Macbook Pro)Operating System(macOs) IssueIt looks like the database has pruned on the 1st of February 2019 the song added date information on all the songs on all the playlists created by my account. This is very annoying as now I'm not able t...

• Casual Listener
  • Device (Macbook Pro) Operating System (macOs)   Issue It looks like the database has pruned on the 1st of February 2019 the song added date information on all the songs on all the pla...
  • junglejunkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Playing Properly

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsung Galaxy s6 Edge My Question or IssueI have some local files on my Laptop, and they play fine there, and when I try to play them through my phone, they don't play from the queue e.g. if I select one on my phone from t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge   My Question or Issue I have some local files on my Laptop, and they play fine there, and when I try to play them through m...
  • marcaevans
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer recognizes local files

Plan : PremiumCountry : FranceOperating System : Mac Before, Spotify linked my local files to the titles in the Spotify catalog (when my local titles were properly tagged) which was convenient for migrating my entire iTunes library to Spotify. But no...

1.png 2.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan : Premium Country : France Operating System : Mac   Before, Spotify linked my local files to the titles in the Spotify catalog (when my local titles were properly tagged) which was conv...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes