Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Where to report wrong track list?

I don't know why I know this but "In The Zone" by Britney Spears has Breathe on Me feat. the Ying Yang Twins when it does not feature them. They are featured on another song on the album (I Got That) Boom Boom. It's not the first time I have seen ina...

• I don't know why I know this but "In The Zone" by Britney Spears has Breathe on Me feat. the Ying Yang Twins when it does not feature them. They are featured on another song on the album (I Got That)...
  • gareth8
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[1.0.1.1060] - Doesn't remove queue on upon exit...

I have no clue what is going on with the development of Spotify but I'm finding it to be more ANNOYING then updating with new features, etc! So no matter what I do whether it is to listen to the: Radio, Playlist, or one of the Top Hits, etc! I can't ...

• Roadie
  • I have no clue what is going on with the development of Spotify but I'm finding it to be more ANNOYING then updating with new features, etc!   So no matter what I do whether it is to listen ...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac OS X Yosemite - Wrong songs playing

Hi! I have Mac OX X Yosemite. With the new update, when I click a song in a playlist, it plays the song that is 10-15 items above it. Restarted spotify, same problem. Please fix! How did this go unnoticed before launching it?

• Hi! I have Mac OX X Yosemite. With the new update, when I click a song in a playlist, it plays the song that is 10-15 items above it. Restarted spotify, same problem. Please fix! How did this go un...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Horrible lag issue with new update

Hi all, today Spotify has updated itself on my MacBook Pro to version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd, and I don't know why, but i'm having massive lag between songs, I mean, delays about 5 or 10 seconds long. Any fix on this? It's REALLY annoying. I'm a premiu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   today Spotify has updated itself on my MacBook Pro to version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd, and I don't know why, but i'm having massive lag between songs, I mean, delays ab...
  • Max_RF
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to view your top tracks?

Before the recent update, I was able to see my most played/top tracks...how do you view this list (it consisted of approximately 20 tracks and it changed according to which songs I played the most)? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Before the recent update, I was able to see my most played/top tracks...how do you view this list (it consisted of approximately 20 tracks and it changed according to which songs I played the most)? ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue automatically shuffles song order

When I queue more than one song from any album or playlist (using the newest update for Spotify on my MacBook), the songs refuse to appear in the original order in which they were placed in the playlist. To keep this order rather than allowing the ap...

• When I queue more than one song from any album or playlist (using the newest update for Spotify on my MacBook), the songs refuse to appear in the original order in which they were placed in the playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Your music - not all artists shown

I have added a lot of songs to Your Music lately. One by one, not in one batch.Now I notice that a lot of artists for which I added songs, do not show up in albums, artists. When I verify, I see that they were succesfully saved.Even in my Ios devices...

• Roadie
  • I have added a lot of songs to Your Music lately. One by one, not in one batch. Now I notice that a lot of artists for which I added songs, do not show up in albums, artists. When I verify, I see ...
  • Perosales
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help: Spotify Won't Open

Hi I've been trying to open spotify for the past few days and it wont open fully. Im using it on a Mac and whenever I click on the application it opens for a second then immediately quits itself. Ive already tried restarting my computer and even unin...

• Hi I've been trying to open spotify for the past few days and it wont open fully. Im using it on a Mac and whenever I click on the application it opens for a second then immediately quits itself. Ive...
  • KathrineJoen
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

After Pausing a song, I cannot play this song or a new one (Mac)

When I pause a song and want to play from this Stop again or try to play another new song it does not work. I have to close the Application and restart it to listen to music again. When I choose another song while playing one, ich can switch them, bu...

• Casual Listener
  • When I pause a song and want to play from this Stop again or try to play another new song it does not work. I have to close the Application and restart it to listen to music again. When I choose anot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Empty starred playlist still has a song count of 2

My starred playlist, even though empty, still reports having two tracks in it. I've unchecked the "Hide unplayable tracks" option which showed four tracks that I was then able to remove. I have no idea where the other two are coming from but suspect ...

Empty starred playlist with song count of 2
  • Casual Listener
  • My starred playlist, even though empty, still reports having two tracks in it. I've unchecked the "Hide unplayable tracks" option which showed four tracks that I was then able to remove. I have no id...
  • maxieduncan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play current track

I am getting a Can't Play Current Track message for every song. I am using a mac and am a Spotify Premium subscriber.

• I am getting a Can't Play Current Track message for every song. I am using a mac and am a Spotify Premium subscriber.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't right click on tracks on Mac

I've been using spotify on mac computers for a long time. However, wheneve I try to right click a track, the right click menu doesn't come up. I've never ran into this problem before and I know it's not a problem with my computer because I can right ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using spotify on mac computers for a long time. However, wheneve I try to right click a track, the right click menu doesn't come up. I've never ran into this problem before and I know it's ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Music doesn't play on desktop app

Hi y'all I have a serious problem with my spotify app. When i play music on my browser it's all Ok and no problem found, but when i play it on the app on my macbook the app keeps giving the following error:"Can't play the current track" I've allready...

can't play the current track Laptop Info
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi y'all  I have a serious problem with my spotify app.  When i play music on my browser it's all Ok and no problem found, but when i play it on the app on my macbook the app keeps givi...
  • liiitox
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Mac - can't log in

So I just downloaded the app for Mac OSX. Can't log in. Keep getting error message that mail address or password is wrong. Tried resetting my Spotify password and doing a fresh install - no success. Does anyone have a solution or suggestions?

• Roadie
  • So I just downloaded the app for Mac OSX.   Can't log in.  Keep getting error message that mail address or password is wrong.   Tried resetting my Spotify password and doing a ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems resizing the Activity Feed

On the OS X client (not verified on other platforms), I am experiencing problems when I try to resize the activity feed. The first issue I can reproduce fairly easily. The area where you can grab onto the bar to resize the column is very small, proba...

• On the OS X client (not verified on other platforms), I am experiencing problems when I try to resize the activity feed.   The first issue I can reproduce fairly easily. The area where you c...
  • Bruno-Stepghost
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with auto complete for friend names

Hello, I try to send a song to my friend whose name is 'Gözde'. I type Gö and it automatically adds my another friend whose name is 'TC Erdem Göl'. It looks like a bug. I use latest version of Mac app.

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I try to send a song to my friend whose name is 'Gözde'. I type Gö and it automatically adds my another friend whose name is 'TC Erdem Göl'. It looks like a bug.   I use la...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about "followers"

Hi there! So I have an odd question. An old flame of mine has been following me on Spotify for a good while now and I've since unfollowed him. I checked to see if he's still following me on my profile (which he is), but when I checked his profile, it...

• Visitor
  • Hi there!   So I have an odd question. An old flame of mine has been following me on Spotify for a good while now and I've since unfollowed him. I checked to see if he's still following me o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect Song Cataloged

The wrong song plays if you choose "Ride Into The Sun" on the "Another View" album by The Velvet Underground. It also shows the wrong cover art.

• Casual Listener
  • The wrong song plays if you choose "Ride Into The Sun" on the "Another View" album by The Velvet Underground. It also shows the wrong cover art.
  • Skellingtor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I edit my playlist description?

How do I change the description? Can't seem to find any edit option. Thanks! http://imgur.com/NtKkyBj

• Casual Listener
  • How do I change the description? Can't seem to find any edit option.   Thanks!   http://imgur.com/NtKkyBj
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes