Announcements

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Removing artist from "your music".

I want to remove a couple artist from the "your music" section but I haven't been able to figure out how. I'm using the mac OS and the adroid app. Thanks.

• I want to remove a couple artist from the "your music" section but I haven't been able to figure out how. I'm using the mac OS and the adroid app. Thanks.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Browse Tab is empty

Hey there, the browser tab an my mac (spotify version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827 with proxy) is empty. Also album covers in discovery tab are missing. Any ideas how to solve this problem? Sam

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,    the browser tab an my mac (spotify version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827 with proxy) is empty. Also album covers in discovery tab are missing. Any ideas how to solve this problem?...
  • Dust1000
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Installer Fails to Install Library Components Mac 10.8.5

Description Spotify Won't Open A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Did a full clean install 2. Program failed to launch 3. Went to do another clean install and found library components missing 4. Tried to reinstall a couple more time...

• Casual Listener
  •     Description Spotify Won't Open   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Did a full clean install  2. Program failed to launch 3. Went to do anoth...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! One album cover stuck in the playlist picture

So, I'm aware of the basics here: The four-pic playlist picture is made of the four first tracks on the playlist. So to change the header picture every time there's a new song on the list, I always add them to the beginning of the list. But sometimes...

• Regular
  • So, I'm aware of the basics here: The four-pic playlist picture is made of the four first tracks on the playlist. So to change the header picture every time there's a new song on the list, I always a...
  • dogma00
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Better to keep local file or substitute with spotify link?

Hi all, I work a lot, if not only, with playlists. I have started mixing local files with files found on the spotify's library. Considering that: 1) many songs did not get recognized based on the names e.g. "(original mix)" vs " - original mix" 2) th...

• Hi all,   I work a lot, if not only, with playlists. I have started mixing local files with files found on the spotify's library. Considering that:   1) many songs did not get recog...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Currently selected playlist not being highlighted

On the Mac Desktop app, with the latest Spotify version 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c (these are by far the longest, most complex version #s I have ever seen) and also the previous version, sometimes a selected playlist stays permanently highlighted. When this...

• Composer
  • On the Mac Desktop app, with the latest Spotify version 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c (these are by far the longest, most complex version #s I have ever seen) and also the previous version, sometimes a selecte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Language on Mac (Dutch instead of English

I have the Mac application installed. Although the langiage in preferences is English and everything else on my Mac is in English, I'm getting contect and playlists from the netherlands and in Dutch. I can't figure out how to fix it. I have deleted t...

• I have the Mac application installed. Although the langiage in preferences is English and everything else on my Mac is in English, I'm getting contect and playlists from the netherlands and in Dutch....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mac desktop version won't play music

In the last several days, my Mac desktop version has stopped playing music. If I click to play a song, the song's album cover and the pause button will appear, but the indicator that shows the progress through the song does not move. Skipping to the ...

• Regular
  • In the last several days, my Mac desktop version has stopped playing music.  If I click to play a song, the song's album cover and the pause button will appear, but the indicator that shows the ...
  • Mushkelji
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Don't install Spotify in user directory (MAC)

Please stop installing new spotify updates in the home directory. That's just not cool. Stop spamming my directories with this unintended programm. I hate it! Why you don't hold the conventions?

• Please stop installing new spotify updates in the home directory. That's just not cool. Stop spamming my directories with this unintended programm.  I hate it! Why you don't hold the conve...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

cant find my playlist on spotify

I have an issue and that is that I cant find my spotify playlist nor acount with other acounts. For example, im at a party and i want to find a song on my own playlist. I dont want to log out out of the host's acount and so i search for my playlist. ...

• Regular
  • I have an issue and that is that I cant find my spotify playlist nor acount with other acounts. For example, im at a party and i want to find a song on my own playlist. I dont want to log out out of ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Accidentally deleted song in stared playlist PLEASE HELP!

Hi, I accidentally deleteda song in my stared playlist. I need to recover it, but I don't know how to.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I accidentally deleteda song in my stared playlist. I need to recover it, but I don't know how to.
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify radio repeats same songs liked in order

I have been having trouble recently with a lot of my radio stations, the problem started when i used my free subscription to spotify and then it ruined my radio. Liking a track from the radio does not improve it anymore, it just causes the radio to a...

• I have been having trouble recently with a lot of my radio stations, the problem started when i used my free subscription to spotify and then it ruined my radio. Liking a track from the radio does no...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Badge app icon won't dissapear (Mac OS X)

New user here. I don't understand why the red badge keep showing up. It's extremely annoying. Furthermore, I have two messages in the messages. It only shows one. What am I doing wrong?

• Regular
  • New user here. I don't understand why the red badge keep showing up. It's extremely annoying.   Furthermore, I have two messages in the messages. It only shows one.      ...
  • carlsson
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Probleme

Probleme Mac seit letzter Aktualisierung, die ich beim IPhone aber nicht habe:1.Browse wird seit neuer Version nicht angezeigt (schwarzes Fenster)2. Bei meinen Playlisten erscheinen wechselnd ganz andere Nutzernamen3. eigenes Profil wird nicht mehr a...

• Probleme Mac seit letzter Aktualisierung, die ich beim IPhone aber nicht habe: 1.Browse wird seit neuer Version nicht angezeigt (schwarzes Fenster) 2. Bei meinen Playlisten erscheinen wechselnd gan...
  • Terragina
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Following?

"Following" doesn't display the artist I follow... It's been gone for a long while now... FIX IT! -.- See, GONE! -.-

Wtf? -.-
  • Music Fan
  • "Following" doesn't display the artist I follow... It's been gone for a long while now... FIX IT! -.- See, GONE! -.-
  • brinababy4
  • Casual Listener
  • 24 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 24 replies
  • 5 likes

Cant share with certain friends

I am having a lot of trouble finding friends, even when I have their username. The only way I was able to find my friend and allow us to follow each other, was by sending him an email to one of my public playlists. <br><br>Now that were finally follo...

• I am having a lot of trouble finding friends, even when I have their username. The only way I was able to find my friend and allow us to follow each other, was by sending him an email to one of my pu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Controlling or streaming to Mac from iPad

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but several searches through the forum database failed to turn anything useful up.I am interested in either controlling my Mac from my iPad or streaming to my Mac from my iPad. It appears to me that this...

• Regular
  • Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but several searches through the forum database failed to turn anything useful up. I am interested in either controlling my Mac from my iPad or strea...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

We NEED a FEED button

in the menu on the left above browse and activity FEED spotify:app:feed needs to be there and needs to be connected as soon as spotify is - not as soon as i click on the button or type in that shortcut i only just worked out that activity is somethin...

• Gig Goer
  • in the menu on the left above browse and activity   FEED   spotify:app:feed   needs to be there and needs to be connected as soon as spotify is - not as soon as i click on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Messages showing songs out of order

Heyo. Ever since "Inbox" was replaced with "Messages," I've hard a really weird problem. First of all, I no longer receive notifications when somebody sends me a message. It doesn't show up in Facebook message threads or anything. This is upsetting b...

• Casual Listener
  • Heyo. Ever since "Inbox" was replaced with "Messages," I've hard a really weird problem. First of all, I no longer receive notifications when somebody sends me a message. It doesn't show up in Facebo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all starred songs

I've lost all my starred songs. How do I get them back?

• Casual Listener
  • I've lost all my starred songs. How do I get them back?
  • Rkjolhaug
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes