Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Starred playlist not syncing/working across desktop, laptop and mobile

Hello, I've had this issue for months now and I've searched online and on these forums and can't seem to find a solution. My "Starred" playlist does not sync accross all my devices. I can star songs on each individual device, but they won't sync accr...

• Regular
  • Hello,    I've had this issue for months now and I've searched online and on these forums and can't seem to find a solution.    My "Starred" playlist does not sync accross...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort by date in Artist View

When I pull up one of my favorite artists, I usually like to listen through their entire library of albums oldest to newest. I can understand why you would want to default to the newest album on top, but I would LOVE to have the ability to reverse th...

• When I pull up one of my favorite artists, I usually like to listen through their entire library of albums oldest to newest. I can understand why you would want to default to the newest album on top,...
  • MrAsker42
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[bug report] high quality streaming not working in 0.8.8

After I used Spotify for the first time I was amazed with the Premium high quality streaming. The problem is that with the new version 0.8.8 high quality streaming is not working. It says in the settings it is on, but the sound quality is still 160kb...

• Regular
  • After I used Spotify for the first time I was amazed with the Premium high quality streaming.    The problem is that with the new version 0.8.8 high quality streaming is not working. It...
  • jelling
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Issue with Spotify not responding with my login Mac

Hi, When trying to login with my spotify account it causes the application to not respond. My phone and iPad are ok. We tested using another account in the same login works fine an also my account on another user account but still having the same iss...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   When trying to login with my spotify account it causes the application to not respond.   My phone and iPad are ok.   We tested using another account in the same login...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find uncensored version of songs

I'm thinking I must have accidentally enabled some kind of child-friendly feature, but can't figure out how. I'm trying to listen to The Fame Monster album, but all the songs in it are censored. For example, Lady Gaga claims that she's a free bit, in...

• Regular
  • I'm thinking I must have accidentally enabled some kind of child-friendly feature, but can't figure out how.  I'm trying to listen to The Fame Monster album, but all the songs in it are censored...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Suggestions Result in 'Track Not Found'

To me this SIMPLY ISNT GOOD ENOUGH!!! If your going to Suggest a new Song, and make it available to my very eyes, then you need to be on your game a ENSURE the content functions. This isnt the first instance this has happened either. A few months ago...

• Regular
  • To me this SIMPLY ISNT GOOD ENOUGH!!!   If your going to Suggest a new Song, and make it available to my very eyes, then you need to be on your game a ENSURE the content functions.   ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify replaces some song of my playlist by anothers

Hello, I have a problem on my new iMac since several months. Several songs have been replaced by other that I don't love at all. For example, when I want to listen to Gold Dust from Jonathan Jeremiah, it plays Gold Dust Woman from The Spill Canvas (I...

• Hello,   I have a problem on my new iMac since several months. Several songs have been replaced by other that I don't love at all. For example, when I want to listen to Gold Dust from J...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost Playlists

I was trying to resolve an audio issue I was experiencing with my new Samsung S4 and when I tried one of the suggestions I found on the community, all of my playlists were deleted from my phone and, oddly, they were also deleted from my iPad as well....

• Regular
  • I was trying to resolve an audio issue I was experiencing with my new Samsung S4 and when I tried one of the suggestions I found on the community, all of my playlists were deleted from my phone and, ...
  • creekcritter
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Incomplete Tracks...

Listening to two tracks this morning I noticed they're incomplete: Bell X1 - Music In Mouth - Tongue Bell X1 - Music In Mouth - I'll See Your Hear and Raise You Mine Wouldn't it be a nice idea to be able to "Report a problem" with an individual track...

• Casual Listener
  • Listening to two tracks this morning I noticed they're incomplete:    Bell X1 - Music In Mouth - Tongue Bell X1 - Music In Mouth - I'll See Your Hear and Raise You Mine   Wou...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn off notifications on Mac app

How do I turn off notifications in the Mac app? I find the red notifications badge really distracting, I just want to listen to music. I have not seen any useful notifications.

• Casual Listener
  •   How do I turn off notifications in the Mac app? I find the red notifications badge really distracting, I just want to listen to music. I have not seen any useful notifications.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

missing dependencies framework compatible with artist-shared MACbook

Hi, As many before me I am having this issue mentioned in the subject. I have done everything which was recommended, clean install etc and it still has not fixed the issue, this is on both my MacBookPro and my iMac. I am getting sick and tired of thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    As many before me I am having this issue mentioned in the subject. I have done everything which was recommended, clean install etc and it still has not fixed the issue, this is o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Transferring music from Android mac spotify without redownloading

hi there, total noob here. tried searching the forum but cant get a straight answer. i downloaded spotify on my android and have a few playlists downloaded for offline listening. i want to transfer these to my mac spotify with redownloading....can th...

• Casual Listener
  • hi there, total noob here.  tried searching the forum but cant get a straight answer.   i downloaded spotify on my android and have a few playlists downloaded for offline listening. i...
  • thissucksreally
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i see top playlist around the world?

I used to be able to see top playlist around the world like Sean Parker's 'Hipster International' and Spotify's 'Top 100 Alternative tracks'. When they updated the app, it is no longer possible to do so except the top tracks around the world. Can som...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to see top playlist around the world like Sean Parker's 'Hipster International' and Spotify's 'Top 100 Alternative tracks'.   When they updated the app, it is no longer pos...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My songs have changed ''version''

So the songs on my spotify have changed ''version'' And some of the songs have changed to a other song.. I played for example a song, it said it was that song and it showed the album but it played a different song. And with the version stuff, for exa...

• Casual Listener
  • So the songs on my spotify have changed ''version''  And some of the songs have changed to a other song.. I played for example a song, it said it was that song and it showed the album but it p...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

[Bug report] [MAC] Songs on Spotify's artist page are wrongly linked

Hi, artist called "Elokuu" has wrong songs behind every link. When you choose the first top song Spotify starts to play first song from the first album. Second song from the top list is linked to albums second song and so on to the end of page.

• Hi, artist called "Elokuu" has wrong songs behind every link. When you choose the first top song Spotify starts to play first song from the first album. Second song from the top list is linked to alb...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

latests mac version keeps crashing

I am running 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 of Spotify on my macbook air, all the prior versions are fine, but this one I cannot get to open. It crashes immediatly.

• Regular
  • I am running 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 of Spotify on my macbook air, all the prior versions are fine, but this one I cannot get to open.  It crashes immediatly.  
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Spotify uses 90% minimum when idle among other things

I have been using spotify premium for about a year now, mostly on my Mac and iPhone, but I have it for Linux, windows and iPad (pretty much everything), I also have a fair amount of technical knowledge. ISSUE 1: I have just spent three weeks away fro...

• Regular
  • I have been using spotify premium for about a year now, mostly on my Mac and iPhone, but I have it for Linux, windows and iPad (pretty much everything), I also have a fair amount of technical kn...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Read in Track info from Desktop App

I want to create a script that reads in song info and who added it to a playlist to display on an LCD screen within the office. The API does not allow this but it would be really awesome! I can only do this now in the Web Player, but the web player d...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to create a script that reads in song info and who added it to a playlist to display on an LCD screen within the office. The API does not allow this but it would be really awesome!  I can...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MAC - Spotify window moves when changing volume or scrubbing

Hello!I'm just wondering if anyone is having this problem: When I try to change the volume or scrub through a track as soon as I click and slide the whole spotify interface will move with it. If anyone else is ecperiencing this problem please help me...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I'm just wondering if anyone is having this problem:   When I try to change the volume or scrub through a track as soon as I click and slide the whole spotify interface will move w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes