Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Only receiving messages on one computer

I use Spotify on two different computers, one at work and one at home (both macs). Same account info on both. However, when someone sends me a message, I only receive them on my home computer or through facebook. This computer is often turned off dur...

• I use Spotify on two different computers, one at work and one at home (both macs). Same account info on both. However, when someone sends me a message, I only receive them on my home computer or thro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Important info for Mac 10.5 users

Every so often improvements that we need to make to the Spotify push the application beyond the capabilities of some older computers or operating systems.The next update to Spotify desktop will affect Macs running OS X versions earlier than earlier t...

• Spotify Legend
  • Every so often improvements that we need to make to the Spotify push the application beyond the capabilities of some older computers or operating systems. The next update to Spotify desktop will a...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Mac
  • 29 replies
  • 7 likes

Problem remains with starting and using Spotify on computer in general...

Hi, I've been using Spotify for a while now, on many devices, Phone, iPad, and computers.Never had a problem. I have the non free version. Very happy. But for 2 months now, Spotify won't start on both my computers, at home and at work. The login scre...

• Hi,   I've been using Spotify for a while now, on many devices, Phone, iPad, and computers. Never had a problem. I have the non free version. Very happy.   But for 2 months now, Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted playlist still alive

I recently deleted a playlist I created some time ago but I still get notifications about it... how is it possible? (Spotify 0.9.0 and Mac OSX 10.8.3) Thanks!

• Visitor
  • I recently deleted a playlist I created some time ago but I still get notifications about it... how is it possible? 😕 (Spotify 0.9.0 and Mac OSX 10.8.3) Thanks!
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

deleted

deleted

• deleted
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't launch on Mac 10.7.5

So yesterday, I tried to open Spotify Premium on my Macbook Pro (Lion 10.7.5), and the Spotify icon on my dock kept bouncing up and down. After waiting for several minutes, it continued bouncing up and down and never opened. At the time, I was in a r...

• Casual Listener
  • So yesterday, I tried to open Spotify Premium on my Macbook Pro (Lion 10.7.5), and the Spotify icon on my dock kept bouncing up and down. After waiting for several minutes, it continued bouncing up a...
  • lfenton
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Can only play the artist Comtron via Spotfiy webplayer and not in the Spotify App it self

If I do a search for the artist "Comtron" in the Spotify app, it shows the albums in the top portion of the screen, but says below "your search did not match anything.. etc" If I do a search in google for "Comtron Spotify" then I can play the tracks ...

• Regular
  • If I do a search for the artist "Comtron" in the Spotify app, it shows the albums in the top portion of the screen, but says below "your search did not match anything.. etc"   If I do a sear...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding new icons after upgrading without removing the old ones

Hi!Everytime I upgrade my Spotify (in Spotify) I get a new Spotify icon if I right click a media file. How can i remove these icons or have I x numbers of different players still installed?

Skärmavbild 2013-04-25 kl. 23.30.40.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi! Everytime I upgrade my Spotify (in Spotify) I get a new Spotify icon if I right click a media file. How can i remove these icons or have I x numbers of different players still installed?
  • Ic3Wa11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally deleted a playlist

Hi, I accidentally deleted my "Wedding" playlist. Is there some way to get it back?

• Hi, I accidentally deleted my "Wedding" playlist. Is there some way to get it back?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm off – repeated Privacy Terms requests

Every couple of days, my Last.fm scrobbling turned off automatically. When I look into the App, it ask me to confirm I accept the Privacy Terms. This already happened over 10 times in the last couple of weeks, so I doubt this is related to changed pr...

• Music Fan
  • Every couple of days, my Last.fm scrobbling turned off automatically. When I look into the App, it ask me to confirm I accept the Privacy Terms. This already happened over 10 times in the last c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac 0.9.0.128.g3134f863] Can't select search suggestions

Reporting a bug... since I upgraded to the latest Mac client version, I can't select search suggestions anymore. I start typing into search, then hit the up/down arrows to pick a suggestion. But when I hit enter, it just searches for whatever I have ...

Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 3.32.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 3.32.57 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Reporting a bug... since I upgraded to the latest Mac client version, I can't select search suggestions anymore.   I start typing into search, then hit the up/down arrows to pick a suggestion....
  • ruccola
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

My "Favorited from Radio" Playlist isn't updating

I accidentally deleted it and then had it reset, but now it isn't updating. How do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentally deleted it and then had it reset, but now it isn't updating. How do I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! OSX Annoyances - Searches, Select All Artist Pages, CPU use,

These have been touched on in some other threads but no one seems to have them all in one place. Sorry if there's another post like this (search didn't reveal one D:). Since updating Spotify, I have been unable to search artist pages for specific son...

• Casual Listener
  • These have been touched on in some other threads but no one seems to have them all in one place. Sorry if there's another post like this (search didn't reveal one D:).   Since updating Spotify...
  • volturnus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Mac sucking up all resources!

This is really starting to bug me. With every new release of Spotify the app uses more and more resources just to play tracks (it's been running at 80+% all morning now, causing my MacBook Pro's fans to make more noise than the speakers). I've even r...

• Music Fan
  • This is really starting to bug me. With every new release of Spotify the app uses more and more resources just to play tracks (it's been running at 80+% all morning now, causing my MacBook Pro's fans...
  • kriscoady
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

[Mac] Why is this recent update so very bad??

Just updated my Mac (10.7.5 ~ OS X Lion) desktop client to version 0.9.0.128.g3134f863 and I have to say this is TERRIBLE. Lets forgo the fact that the 'what's new' tab is just plain crap now, emphasis on the PLAIN. Oh, and search results... Also abh...

• Regular
  • Just updated my Mac (10.7.5 ~ OS X Lion) desktop client to version 0.9.0.128.g3134f863 and I have to say this is TERRIBLE.  Lets forgo the fact that the 'what's new' tab is just plain crap ...
  • jvielma
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Receiving error message 802 frequently in the last 2 days

As per subject. I am based in Italy. Mac os x 10.8.3. Everything has worked flawless until yesterday.In the last two days I keep receiving this message after a few stuttering issues. Not sure if this is related to the latest sw update but pretty anno...

• Casual Listener
  • As per subject. I am based in Italy. Mac os x 10.8.3.   Everything has worked flawless until yesterday. In the last two days I keep receiving this message after a few stuttering issues. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iTunes ticked in prefs but does not appear in "Local Files"

Mac OS X 10.8.3 - I have just installed the Spotify client and although I have checked iTunes to appear in preferences, my iTunes library doesn't appear in "Local files". Tried restarting to no avail.Any ideas?

• Mac OS X 10.8.3 -   I have just installed the Spotify client and although I have checked iTunes to appear in preferences, my iTunes library doesn't appear in "Local files".   Tried rest...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally deleted playlist

I accidentally deleted my playlist, thinking I was going to delete a song. Is there any way of getting it back? The playlist was called 'NY Party'. PLEASE HELPPPP!

• I accidentally deleted my playlist, thinking I was going to delete a song. Is there any way of getting it back?  The playlist was called 'NY Party'. PLEASE HELPPPP! 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

search options

Hi all I used to be able to search keywords (a song name for example) within playlists by using command+F. Since the update I can't any ideas? Cheers

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all   I used to be able to search keywords (a song name for example) within playlists by using command+F. Since the update I can't any ideas?   Cheers
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes