Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks: App Nap

Was looking through my activity monitor (Task Manager) on my Mac and I realized that App Nap wasn't being implemented, which will drain loads of battery while on the go. Below is a short description of App Nap and its mechanics together with a screen...

• Community Legend
  • Was looking through my activity monitor (Task Manager) on my Mac and I realized that App Nap wasn't being implemented, which will drain loads of battery while on the go.   Below is a short d...
  • olejon
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Who uploads the music

I writing on behalf of my boss. His album is on spotify. He wants to know who put it there and where do the royalties go?

• Regular
  • I writing on behalf of my boss. His album is on spotify. He wants to know who put it there and where do the royalties go?
  • MalissaTaylor
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[MAC] Next and previous song keyboard buttons not working.

Description Im on a mac and using a MS Digital Media Keyboard 3000, and when Im listening to anything on spotify, this buttons wont work, also the Stop button does not work however I dont mind that one. I know its not an incompatibility issue since t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Description Im on a mac and using a MS Digital Media Keyboard 3000, and when Im listening to anything on spotify, this buttons wont work, also the Stop button does not work however I dont ...
  • fergor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spofity adding local files against my will

Every time I open Spotify, it turns all all three checkboxes for local files. I don't want this. Every time I uncheck them, but they always get reversed. Quit hijacking my preferences please!

• Roadie
  • Every time I open Spotify, it turns all all three checkboxes for local files. I don't want this. Every time I uncheck them, but they always get reversed. Quit hijacking my preferences please!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundrop drops dead after selecting a room

Soundrop doesn't work as entering a room just clears the hole screen and nothing shows up. Tried closing and opening Spotify again. No work. OS X 10.8.4, Spotify 0.9.4 (why it's version 0.9, been paying them years and they still haven't reached versi...

• Music Fan
  • Soundrop doesn't work as entering a room just clears the hole screen and nothing shows up.   Tried closing and opening Spotify again. No work.   OS X 10.8.4, Spotify 0.9.4 (why it's...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music won't play, but the bar at the bottom is playing....

I'm using Spotify Premium for 1,5 year on my Imac and it never failed. But the last week I can't play any music at all. The seek bar at the bottom of the screen look like it's playing a track, but there is no music. I've tried to re-install the progr...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify Premium for 1,5 year on my Imac and it never failed. But the last week I can't play any music at all. The seek bar at the bottom of the screen look like it's playing a track, but th...
  • Nicond
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Remove Discover page and "unfollowed" persons

The Discoer page is annoying please remove it. I keep getting stupid suggestions (which I cannot remove from page, and probably would get again if i could). And worst of all I DO NOT WANT suggestions for persone I do not follow!

• Regular
  • The Discoer page is annoying please remove it. I keep getting stupid suggestions (which I cannot remove from page, and probably would get again if i could). And worst of all I DO NOT WANT suggestions...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I've stumbled a streaming bug. -skipping- (Vid included)

A random streaming bug occured on random songs. It fixed itself a few minutes later but I thought I should share it to make spotify better. Everything actually works perfect and I didn't even restart Spotify so there's no reason to tell everystep tha...

• Casual Listener
  • A random streaming bug occured on random songs. It fixed itself a few minutes later but I thought I should share it to make spotify better. Everything actually works perfect and I didn't even restart...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Update on Mac

Has anybody had a hard time getting Spotify to update on Mac? I am still on 0.9.4.178 My friend downloaded Spotify for the first time, and his version is higher than mine (0.9.4.185), but my Spotify will not update. I have also tried uninstalling and...

• Has anybody had a hard time getting Spotify to update on Mac? I am still on 0.9.4.178   My friend downloaded Spotify for the first time, and his version is higher than mine (0.9.4.185), but ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change radio vote

I see this was an issue over a year ago in the iOS thread. Seem's spotify still has dropped the ball and not fixed this... I accidently thumbed down a song I like because of the F*&^$% add that causes the middle view to move over when you make spotif...

• Regular
  • I see this was an issue over a year ago in the iOS thread. Seem's spotify still has dropped the ball and not fixed this... I accidently thumbed down a song I like because of the F*&^$% add that c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify shutting down 30seconds into first song- Mac

I am using Spotify on my Mac. I start to play a song, and it just shuts down (Spotify disappears and is not even open anywhere on my system) 30sec. or so into a song. It does not matter what song I choose. Help!

• I am using Spotify on my Mac. I start to play a song, and it just shuts down (Spotify disappears and is not even open anywhere on my system) 30sec. or so into a song. It does not matter what song I c...
  • AlexOmid
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Music won't start playing

I've got Spotify Unlimited on my MacBook Air for a few days now, and when I double-click a song, nothing happens. Can somebody please help me with this, because I have been trying restarting Spotify and everything, nothing helped so far.

• Casual Listener
  • I've got Spotify Unlimited on my MacBook Air for a few days now, and when I double-click a song, nothing happens. Can somebody please help me with this, because I have been trying restarting Spo...
  • Rorey
  • Spotify
  • 34 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 34 replies
  • 4 likes

[BUG][Mac OS X] Reason for intermittent crashes + workaround

For the past month or so, the mac os x desktop client has been crashing intermittently. Symptoms: Some days Spotify works fine. Some days, Spotify will crash anywhere from 10-40 seconds after launching the application. Cause: In the "discover" tab, t...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past month or so, the mac os x desktop client has been crashing intermittently.    Symptoms: Some days Spotify works fine. Some days, Spotify will crash anywhere from 10-40 se...
  • drootang
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

(Mac OS 10.6.8) Spotify continually crashing

I have been using Spotify for months. I love it. It is my BFF. Today (10/3/13) I did the update as prompted and now when using Spotify, it will crash unexpectedly. I have uninstalled two times, deleted all files associated. After reinstalling, it sti...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify for months. I love it. It is my BFF. Today (10/3/13)  I did the update as prompted and now when using Spotify, it will crash unexpectedly. I have uninstalled two times,...
  • iknowchuck
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't find song when sending to friends

Hi, When I try to search for a song to send to a friend via the friend's profile it only shows three track options, non of which are the song I want (see attached photo). How do I show more songs? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, When I try to search for a song to send to a friend via the friend's profile it only shows three track options, non of which are the song I want (see attached photo). How do I show more songs...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What order people see the songs?

How do you know in what order people see the songs in your list?

• Regular
  • How do you know in what order people see the songs in your list?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends

I cannot see any friends profiles anymore. I did a clean install and still nothing. I use spotify on my iPhone. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot see any friends profiles anymore. I did a clean install and still nothing. I use spotify on my iPhone. Thanks
  • Jenshul
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [MAC] Cannot open spotify after latest update

spotify ran perfectly before i made the new update, now i cant open the program anymore, it always cracks up. i deleted the program and installed it completely new but still the problem remains. can anyone help please? [Added 'Mac' title tag as canno...

• Casual Listener
  • spotify ran perfectly before i made the new update, now i cant open the program anymore, it always cracks up. i deleted the program and installed it completely new but still the problem remains. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't respond or close Mac 10.7

Hi!I tried to open Spotify on my Macbook (running 10.7), and the program appeared on my dock. The window didn't appear though, and now the program won't close. I've tried to uninstall, but a box appears saying that it can't be uninstalled while the p...

• Hi! I tried to open Spotify on my Macbook (running 10.7), and the program appeared on my dock. The window didn't appear though, and now the program won't close. I've tried to uninstall, but a box ap...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium page wont load but other pages will will

So i have spotify downloaded on my macbook pro and i wanted to upgrade to premium so i went to the website and the home page worked fine and when i click on the choose prduct page the banner and everything loads but no content.

• Casual Listener
  • So i have spotify downloaded on my macbook pro and i wanted to upgrade to premium so i went to the website and the home page worked fine and when i click on the choose prduct page the banner and ever...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes