Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! artist profile pictures not opening

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows10 My Question or IssueWhen I open the 'about' tab on an artist's page, and then on 'images' I am not able to click through the images and instead only have a view of the one I clicked on. S...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows10   My Question or Issue When I open the 'about' tab on an artist's page, and then on 'images' I am not able to clic...
  • TreyAnastasio
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some local files skipped from being sync in the Spotify Desktop App.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify Version1.1.46.916.g416cacf1 I have a problem about local files in Spotify, I was able formerly to sync all local files there, but now, I noticed some songs imported from my lapt...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Spotify Version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1   I have a problem about local files in Spotify, I was able formerly to s...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Local files on Windows 10
    spotify issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Go forward: Command + ] on windows Alt + ], how to disable it ?

Hi, I would like to disable this " ALT + ] " shortcut in spotify on a windows to use a simple "]" without next the music. And furthermore it would be realy good to custom our own shortcut on spotify ! If it's not possible I'll going on Deezer to try ...

• Hi,  I would like to disable this " ALT + ] " shortcut in spotify on a windows to use a simple  "]" without next the music.  And furthermore it would be realy good to custom our...
  • Jeremy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists now defaults to recently added at the top instead of at the bottom

Give us an option to choose which order we want instead of letting users be forced to be accustomed to recently added at the end and then changing default sort behavior. Also if i proceed to manually sort of date, the sort state is not kept in betwee...

• Music Fan
  • Give us an option to choose which order we want instead of letting users be forced to be accustomed to recently added at the end and then changing default sort behavior.   Also if i ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution After desktop update, can't sort podcast episodes

Recently my desktop spotify got a fresh new look! I love it, accept I cannot for the life of me find where to sort the podcasts from old eps to new eps (rather than having new ones at the top of the feed because I have some backlog listening I'm doin...

• Recently my desktop spotify got a fresh new look! I love it, accept I cannot for the life of me find where to sort the podcasts from old eps to new eps (rather than having new ones at the top of the ...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • podcast
    Update
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Is it possible to trick Spotify into thinking im online?

I currently have a issue, Spotify thinks I'm offline while I'm online.Indeed windows reports that my Internet connection doesn't work.But this is wanted, it is correct that windows says I got "no Internet" while I indeed got internet.I need to trick ...

• Visitor
  • I currently have a issue, Spotify thinks I'm offline while I'm online. Indeed windows reports that my Internet connection doesn't work. But this is wanted, it is correct that windows says I got "no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Spotify broken

So a day, i started my Spotify and wanted to play music. First of all it says that all my playlists are empty and after that also the search bar was broken. Or if it did worked and i clicked on a song the song will not be played.I reinstalled spotify...

• Visitor
  • So a day, i started my Spotify and wanted to play music. First of all it says that all my playlists are empty and after that also the search bar was broken. Or if it did worked and i clicked on a son...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution BRING BACK ARTIST INFORMATION

On the new version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a I do not see artist information anymore. Please bring it back. It helps, particularly when interested in new music.

• Casual Listener
  • On the new version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a I do not see artist information anymore.  Please bring it back.  It helps, particularly when interested in new music.
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify URI time codes not working anymore

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyOperating SystemWindows / MacMy Question or IssueHi there!I'm using Spotify Desktop for a music research project where we have to play music at very specific positions. E.g. Track 15, minute 1, second 23. With the Spotify API...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Operating System Windows / Mac My Question or Issue Hi there! I'm using Spotify Desktop for a music research project where we have to play music at very specific ...
  • Elena
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • mac os
    Uri
    Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files work until app is closed

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemWindows 10 (Non-Microsoft Store version)My Question or IssueWhen I open the app local files in a playlist are all greyed out. I have the correct location set under settings for local files. I go to the l...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Operating System Windows 10 (Non-Microsoft Store version) My Question or Issue When I open the app local files in a playlist are all greyed out. I have the c...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution fonts are very bright.

i have hard to focusing on the names of the songs, there is no problem in the playlist section next to it. windows 10 app. huawei matebook ips panel.

• Regular
  • i have hard to focusing on the names of the songs, there is no problem in the playlist section next to it. windows 10 app. huawei matebook ips panel.
  • Alex
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all of my local files will add to Spotify

I'm using a Windows 10 Desktop and for this past week I haven't been able to play most of my local files on Spotify (Only lets me play 25/72). I've gone through many different posts, trying out different solutions and none of them work (I've tried de...

• Visitor
  • I'm using a Windows 10 Desktop and for this past week I haven't been able to play most of my local files on Spotify (Only lets me play 25/72). I've gone through many different posts, trying out diffe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Where are the stats that show from what country and city people listen to the artist?

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWidnows 10 My Question or IssueI can't find the stats that show listeners' cities and countries

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Widnows 10   My Question or Issue I can't find the stats that show listeners' ci...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Local Files Missing/Unable to be Found

I've been having a strange issue where certain MP3 files are refusing to be detected by Spotify. Even while still in a folder with other files that are currently being detected, they are considered missing whenever Spotify is re-opened. It's almost l...

• Regular
  • I've been having a strange issue where certain MP3 files are refusing to be detected by Spotify. Even while still in a folder with other files that are currently being detected, they are considered m...
  • Gulsvart
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
    local files
    missing
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't stop Spotify

When I click pause inside of Spotify it only lasts for twenty seconds, then it un-pauses. Every. Time. It won't stop playing music. PlanDuoCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 (Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363) Spotify Version 1.1.46.916.g...

• Casual Listener
  • When I click pause inside of Spotify it only lasts for twenty seconds, then it un-pauses. Every. Time. It won't stop playing music.     Plan Duo Country USA Device Desktop Operatin...
  • thetinynova
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Major bug in remote listening.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XR / Windows DesktopOperating SystemiOS 14.2.1 / Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042My Question or Issue Remote listening has always been buggy since it's introduction, but now it straight up doesn't work anymo...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR / Windows Desktop Operating System iOS 14.2.1 / Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 My Question or Issue   Remote listening has always b...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] adding a song goes to bottom of the playlist

The new upgrade adds songs to the top of a playlist instead the bottom how it used to be. Please change this back! I queue up songs in my playlists and listen to them first in first out.

• Music Fan
  • The new upgrade adds songs to the top of a playlist instead the bottom how it used to be.  Please change this back!  I queue up songs in my playlists and listen to them first in first out.
  • muhmuhmaranda
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes