Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Singing only plays from other ear usually left and rest of the band from right

It mainly happens with older stereo records. Same thing with phone. It doesn't happen on any other program only premium spotify.Why is there no option to change it to mono?

• It mainly happens with older stereo records. Same thing with phone.  It doesn't happen on any other program only premium spotify. Why is there no option to change it to mono?
  • ManelPinto
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide recommended playlists so never appear again

Hi using windows desktop app. How can I hide recommended playlists so they never appear again. Just the sight of them offends me!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi using windows desktop app.   How can I hide recommended playlists so they never appear again. Just the sight of them offends me!
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Spotify can't play this right now " after soundcard got switched to another PCI-E Slot

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, i have switched my soundcard (Creative X-fi) to another PCI-E slot.Since then spotify shows the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, i have switched my soundcard (Creative X-fi) to another PCI-E slot. Since then spotify sh...
  • NaibElSayel
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Type to search within playlists gone?

I used to be able to just start typing when viewing my playlist on the Desktop app, and it would go to that song. Has this feature been removed? It's very annoying to have to scroll down to find specific songs, when I used to be able to just start ty...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to just start typing when viewing my playlist on the Desktop app, and it would go to that song. Has this feature been removed? It's very annoying to have to scroll down to find spec...
  • MrStereovideo12
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows App won't play without messing with soundcard quality

Background - Windows 10 1903, External USB DAC/Soundcard, Spotify Premium, app set to default to max quality. The Spotify desktop app has recently started throwing "spotify can't play this right now" errors at me. I've tried all of the usual suggesti...

• Regular
  • Background - Windows 10 1903, External USB DAC/Soundcard, Spotify Premium, app set to default to max quality.   The Spotify desktop app has recently started throwing "spotify can't play t...
  • neil_g
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Random play several artists

Hi using Windows desktop app.How can I play random music from more than one of my favourite saved Artists? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi using Windows desktop app. How can I play random music from more than one of my favourite saved Artists?    Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 client not synchronizing

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceWindows 10 Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop client doesn't sync when I add songs to my library on my phone. For example, I'm listening to Discover Weekly and save 2 songs, these songs d...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Windows 10 Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop client doesn't sync when I add songs to my library on my phone. F...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify App: Start-up error

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello! For the past few months, I've been using the Spotify app on my new computer, which is the one I'm using right now. I came to open the app last night and an error appea...

•     Plan Free Country United Kingdom Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello! For the past few months, I've been using the Spotify app on my new computer, wh...
  • NaibElSayel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify web and desktop do not work when using bluetooth

I have a windows 10 laptop with default, realtek audio drivers, playing music through my speakers works fine. But why the **bleep** would you want to listen to music on laptop speakers? the INSTANT i switch over to my bluetooth headphones I get "oops...

• Casual Listener
  •  I have a windows 10 laptop with default, realtek audio drivers, playing music through my speakers works fine. But why the **bleep** would you want to listen to music on laptop speakers? the INS...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music starts playing automatically 26 seconds after having paused

PlanPremium (Family plan) CountrySweden Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763, Build 17763 Spotify Version1.1.5.153.gf614956d IssueScenario: I am listening to music then I press pause. Without touching the mouse or the computer the music...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium (Family plan)   Country Sweden   Operating System Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763, Build 17763   Spotify Version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d   Issue Scenario:...
  • Gripenstedt
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't play any music and my playlists have no music in them

I've been using Spotify for years now and for a while I've had this problem where I could only play music in my playlists. In order to play other music I'd have to reinstall the app, then I could play new music and add new music to my playlists. I ju...

• I've been using Spotify for years now and for a while I've had this problem where I could only play music in my playlists. In order to play other music I'd have to reinstall the app, then I could pla...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent update - Library

PlanPremium My Question or Issue Alot of people on the Community seemed to have raised this, but I was surprised to see that all the albums and artists I have saved songs from had suddenly disappeeared under the last update. I have actually just swit...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue   Alot of people on the Community seemed to have raised this, but I was surprised to see that all the albums and artists I have saved songs from had...
  • LexBud
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Continuously skipping

My desktop player on windows 10 is continuously skipping songs one second into the song. My account does not do this on iOS, web player or amazon alexa. I have tried to find answers through the community including uninstalling the windows app mulitpl...

• Casual Listener
  • My desktop player on windows 10 is continuously skipping songs one second into the song. My account does not do this on iOS, web player or amazon alexa.  I have tried to find answers through ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] Folder Playlist Random Play not random

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm playing the folder of my top 100 of each year, but the random is not random as double play in row. So if the song is found in each 3 playlist, it will play 3 times in a row...

SpotifyBug.PNG
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm playing the folder of my top 100 of each year, but the random is not random as double play in r...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug Playlist
    Folder Playlist
    Random shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When pause Spotify play by itself after ~10-15 seconds.

Plan : PremiumCountry : TürkiyeDevice : Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen NotebookOperating System : Windows 10 64bitMy Question or IssueMy headset on the notebook, whenever I pause Spotify, it would unpause itself or just play by itself after ~10-15 seconds....

• Regular
  • Plan : Premium Country : Türkiye Device : Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen Notebook Operating System : Windows 10 64bit My Question or Issue My headset on the notebook, whenever I pause Spotify, it ...
  • ErkannakrE
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify PC app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI use the free version of Spotify. This PC uses Windows 10 (64-bit) Home (1903, build 18362.1...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I use t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] How to start tracks at specific point

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone X iOS 12, Windows 10 My Question or IssueUpon listening to a playlist I noticed that there is backend control over start times and fades uniqe to individual tracks, how would I go about using these advanced playli...

•   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone X iOS 12, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Upon listening to a playlist I noticed that there is backend control over start times and fa...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Google Cast devices don't appear unless I cast from another device first

My Cast Devices don't appear in Desktop unless I cast to them from a different device first. Example: I open Spotify Desktop app in Windows. Only my SONOS devices are visible: There's no sign of my Google Home devices! So I say to Google Home "Play x...

image.png image.png image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My Cast Devices don't appear in Desktop unless I cast to them from a different device first.    Example: I open Spotify Desktop app in Windows. Only my SONOS devices are visible:  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • cast
    Desktop
    google
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

On a windows 10 desktop downloaded spotify music

PremiumCountry: New Zealand DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question: Spotify downloads are stored in a file in windows explorer, how do you play these music files??

• Premium Country: New Zealand   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question: Spotify downloads are stored in a file in windows explorer, how do you play these music files?? &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Overlay

I have a very simple question. How do you enable the Spotify overlay? I have already enabled it in the settings, I just want to know what button combination you have to use in order to enable it in-game. I have tried CTRL+ Left/Right arrow, though th...

• I have a very simple question. How do you enable the Spotify overlay? I have already enabled it in the settings, I just want to know what button combination you have to use in order to enable it in-g...
  • NaibElSayel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes