Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Glitch in app when laptop screen turns off

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceAcer Aspire V NitroOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever my laptop display turns off (not going to sleep), the spotify app plays up and stops playing music and starts bouncing from song to song eve...

• Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device Acer Aspire V Nitro Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever my laptop display turns off (not going to sleep), the spotify ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist glitching

Premium SpotifyAustralia Windows, iPhone My Question or Issue My playlist titled "Birds4Thirds" on spotify had "reset" about 2 days ago, with alot of songs added date changed to "added 2 days ago" when untrue, as I add to my playlist everyday. Althou...

• Premium Spotify Australia   Windows, iPhone     My Question or Issue  My playlist titled "Birds4Thirds" on spotify had "reset" about 2 days ago, with alot of songs added da...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution pausing and unpausing across multiple devices

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSurface running windows 10, desktop running windows 10, Samsung galaxy running android My Question or IssueFor the whole time I've had spotify, across multiple devices, it sometimes just pauses a song with no instruction t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Surface running windows 10, desktop running windows 10, Samsung galaxy running android   My Question or Issue For the whole time I've had spoti...
  • jimbob_barnes
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files - Not all of my files appear in Spotify

Like many, I'm having issues with my local files in Spotify on my Windows laptop. I have over 30,000 local files that I would like to be able to listen to along with music I stream on Spotify. I understand that this is a fairly large number of songs,...

• Regular
  • Like many, I'm having issues with my local files in Spotify on my Windows laptop.  I have over 30,000 local files that I would like to be able to listen to along with music I stream on Spotify. ...
  • m0-w_bqao9bx
  • 29 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 29 replies
  • 5 likes

desktop installation migrates to windows store version

Hi all,I'm trying to install the desktop version of Spotify (not the windows store version), however every time I uninstall and install the software it migrates to the windows store version automatically. I've never seen this before. How do I stop th...

• Hi all, I'm trying to install the desktop version of Spotify (not the windows store version), however every time I uninstall and install the software it migrates to the windows store version automat...
  • u_t-nrcmjt3g
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Issue with progression and volume bar

Hello Recently I have noticed that I'm not able to change volume by clicking on volume bar. It looks like it's somehow disabled. Only mouse scroll works. The same issue is with song progression bar. I'm able to click 'play' button and it works but ba...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   Recently I have noticed that I'm not able to change volume by clicking on volume bar. It looks like it's somehow disabled. Only mouse scroll works. The same issue is with song progress...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Windows]Where do I find the download bar in Spotify Windows 10 App

I am on a premium plan and am downloading some songs straight away to listen offline, but I cannot seem to find the songs download bar like a sort of iTunes download bar is what I am looking for, but cannot seem to find it, I am using the spotify app...

• Casual Listener
  • I am on a premium plan and am downloading some songs straight away to listen offline, but I cannot seem to find the songs download bar like a sort of iTunes download bar is what I am looking for, but...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

List of Problems (Part 2)

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceDesktop (Sony Vaio SVE 1713, Core i5, 16 GB RAM)Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueSometimes Sometimes crackling Noises, all other Audio works perfect (YouTube, MediaPlayer and so on), sometimes playing stuc...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Desktop (Sony Vaio SVE 1713, Core i5, 16 GB RAM) Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Sometimes  Sometimes crackling Nois...
  • mariustholen
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App and Window freezing

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDevice LaptopOperating System, Windows 10 My Question or Issue As of a week ago, The spotify window (Spotify.com) and the Spotify app from the Microsoft Store (Windows 10) has been freezing up. I can normally listen to 1-...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  United States Device Laptop Operating System, Windows 10   My Question or Issue  As of a week ago, The spotify window (Spotify.com) and the Spotify app from ...
  • potterly
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

View followers

Hi! Is there any way for me to see all my followers of any specific playlist? All I can see is the number of followers, not the actual names. Would appreciate if anyone knows if it is possible at all? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Is there any way for me to see all my followers of any specific playlist? All I can see is the number of followers, not the actual names. Would appreciate if anyone knows if it is possible at all...
  • x8-swpjy_lwog
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 19 likes

Music Skipping

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I open some games, my music either stops completely, or skips through multiple songs in an infinite loop, never playing any.

• Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I open some games, my music either stops completely, or skips through multiple songs in an infinite loop, never playing any.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musics won't download

PlanPremiumCountry(US)Device(windows device)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue hi there!i heve spotify windows app and i dont use it about a year. today when i open it , All things work correctly but when I want to download a Playlist ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country (US) Device (windows device) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  hi there! i heve spotify windows app and i dont use it about a year. today...
  • Fardin574
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) on shutdown of windows.

PlanFreeCountry BelgiumDeviceHP laptop (model unknown)Operating SystemWindows 7 64bit My Question or Issue Whenever I shutdown my computer, I get an error message from windows stating that: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)....

• Plan Free Country  Belgium Device HP laptop (model unknown) Operating System Windows 7 64bit   My Question or Issue  Whenever I shutdown my computer, I get an error message f...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Top Tracks of the year

Adoring real sound I still hope for the renewal of the TOP TRACKS OF THE YEAR option - if it costs 2 much datawork I would buy it for € 5,- max.

• Regular
  • Adoring real sound I still hope for the renewal of the TOP TRACKS OF THE YEAR option - if it costs 2 much datawork I would buy it for € 5,- max.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • yearinmusic year in music
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

All sound stops when pausing music in the Desktop App

Plan - PremiumCountry - New Zealand Device - PCOperating System - Windows 10 My Question or Issue I am using an external PCE card so can i can connect my bluetooth headphones to my PC. Basically what i said in the title happens. E.g ~ Watching youtub...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  - Premium Country  - New Zealand   Device  - PC Operating System  - Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I am using an external PCE card so can i can...
  • mattyu
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • audio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share playlist links

Hello, I tried to share a playlist via the function Share -> Copy Playlist link. If I send a mail with the link to a user with a mobile device, the link tries to open in a browser, then tries to switch to the app store (neither Microsoft or Apple Sto...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I tried to share a playlist via the function Share -> Copy Playlist link. If I send a mail with the link to a user with a mobile device, the link tries to open in a browser, then t...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

"Hey Cortana" won't play my local files from Spotify

Hi. I frequently use the "Hey Cortana" feature to play my music on Spotify, it works well and I love it.I store some of my songs that aren't available on Spotify on my computer, then I can manually access them from Spotify, in "Local Files". The prob...

• Hi. I frequently use the "Hey Cortana" feature to play my music on Spotify, it works well and I love it. I store some of my songs that aren't available on Spotify on my computer, then I can manually...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

can access web player but not 'my music'

Hi - I can access the web player no problem but when I try to play music from my library I just get a pop-up saying 'this song is not available'. This happens if I 'search' and from 'playlists' too. I have tried logging out then in again but no luck....

• Hi - I can access the web player no problem but when I try to play music from my library I just get a pop-up saying 'this song is not available'. This happens if I 'search' and from 'playlists' too.&...
  • Josuamovement
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Show All results - doesn't show any (even the drop down ones)

Plan Premium, Country UK, Device PC, Operating System Windows 7Desktop app.Search shows results in the dropdown as you type, but on clicking "Show All Results" it fails to find any and says no matches in the database - even though it was successfully...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium, Country UK, Device PC, Operating System Windows 7 Desktop app. Search shows results in the dropdown as you type, but on clicking "Show All Results" it fails to find any and says no ma...
  • DavidWG
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No actualiza la actividad de mis amigos

Hola,Desde hace unos días mi spotify en PC no actualiza la actividad de mis amigos, aparece como si llevaran varios días sin escuchar nada, pero hablando con algunos si han escuchado música y si tienen pública su actividad, quisiera saber como soluci...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, Desde hace unos días mi spotify en PC no actualiza la actividad de mis amigos, aparece como si llevaran varios días sin escuchar nada, pero hablando con algunos si han escuchado música y si ti...
  • hhvr5qfv-s_u
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 13 likes