Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Can't play current song

This keeps popping up for nearly every song I play. Sometimes the song pauses half way and this message appears. I've tried installing and re-installing spotify then restarting my computer but it didn't work. This makes spotify on pc virtually useles...

File_000.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • This keeps popping up for nearly every song I play. Sometimes the song pauses half way and this message appears. I've tried installing and re-installing spotify then restarting my computer but it did...
  • moibloke
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes

Can no longer change the order of playlists (not songs) on Windows 10

I can no longer change the order of playlists (not songs) on Windows 10Up until today I could always drag the order of my playlists and folders and all of a sudden they are locked. Is there a way they might have been frozen with a smart key or someth...

• Casual Listener
  • I can no longer change the order of playlists (not songs) on Windows 10 Up until today I could always drag the order of my playlists and folders and all of a sudden they are locked. Is there a way t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify (windows desktop): new version has window animation that won't turn off.

My [Windows Desktop] Spotify updated the other day, now version 1.0.66.478.g1296534d. Now the main window has some sort of background animation that prevents me from reading anything on the window. It is really irritating because I like to keep it up...

• Visitor
  • My [Windows Desktop] Spotify updated the other day, now version 1.0.66.478.g1296534d.   Now the main window has some sort of background animation that prevents me from reading anything on...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No Results Found when searching full artist name

If I type in an artist's full name in lower case I receive a "No Results Found" error message. If I leave off just one letter at the end I get plenty of results that match correctly. If I type the case in correctly the artist does show up. This is no...

• If I type in an artist's full name in lower case I receive a "No Results Found" error message. If I leave off just one letter at the end I get plenty of results that match correctly. If I type the ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Song Radio Glitch if you thumbs down and then seek

Scenario:Using windows spotify app playing music from a song radio with the song list of the song radio station displayed.Steps:Thumbs down song/s to remove them from the radioThen seek position in the currently playing song and the removed songs re ...

• Scenario: Using windows spotify app playing music from a song radio with the song list of the song radio station displayed. Steps: Thumbs down song/s to remove them from the radio Then ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Como resolver Error 2

Recetemente instalei o app do Spotify para o desktop do windows 10, mas aparece a seguinte msg depois que tento fazer o login "Service is temporarily unavialable, please try again later. (ERROR code:2).Já desintalei e instalei de novo, reiniciei o pc...

• Recetemente instalei o app do Spotify para o desktop do windows 10, mas aparece a seguinte msg depois que tento fazer o login "Service is temporarily unavialable, please try again later. (ERROR code:...
  • Merilo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how do i have songs play with associated video or current artist artwork, like groove

I'm coming to spotify from having always been on zune -> xbox music -> groove music subscription. One of the best features of the groove music app both on desktop and xbox was that you could select option to enable playback of song associated music v...

• Regular
  • I'm coming to spotify from having always been on zune -> xbox music -> groove music subscription. One of the best features of the groove music app both on desktop and xbox was that you could se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Global Hotkeys not working for administrative privileges.

When I set any app to have administrative privileges the hotkeys wont work, I am unsure how to fix and would appreciate any help! For instance: When I set spotify to have admin priviledges it makes global hotkeys not working like play, pause, next, p...

• When I set any app to have administrative privileges the hotkeys wont work, I am unsure how to fix and would appreciate any help!   For instance: When I set spotify to have admin priviledges i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not all local files showing up - not finding albums maybe??

Hi - I have all my files located in one main folder under my iTunes folder and that is where I've directed Spotify to grab all my local files from. Unfortunatley, only some of my files are coming over to Spotify. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi -  I have all my files located in one main folder under my iTunes folder and that is where I've directed Spotify to grab all my local files from. Unfortunatley, only some of my files are com...
  • MystikProduces
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle only plays 7 different artists (100's of artists in playlist)

This only happens when I am casting to another device. Very annoying.Any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated. I can provide video example if desired.

• Casual Listener
  • This only happens when I am casting to another device. Very annoying. Any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated.   I can provide video example if desired.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Very bizarre problem; can't download at all

For whatever reason, when I have Spotify open on my phone, it won't allow me to open it on my desktop. This is preventing me from downloading ANY SONGS to my phone through Spotify. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • For whatever reason, when I have Spotify open on my phone, it won't allow me to open it on my desktop. This is preventing me from downloading ANY SONGS to my phone through Spotify. Please help! 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won`t open

Whenever I try to connect to Spotify via the Windows app I get the following error directory and a message that says my profile is invalid: c:\ProgramFiles\\WindowsApps\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.66.478.0x86_zpdnekdrz...\SpotifyMigrator.exe What could ...

• Whenever I try to connect to Spotify via the Windows app I get the following error directory and a message that says my profile is invalid:   c:\ProgramFiles\\WindowsApps\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

UI does not respond

It#s really amazing. I#m almost used to it, that Spotify is not usable on a modern Sony Z5 Dompact Android 7.1.1, but now also the Windows UI is not longer usable. I open a context dialog, and after that Spotify does not respond to any click oder key...

• Roadie
  • It#s really amazing. I#m almost used to it, that Spotify is not usable on a modern Sony Z5 Dompact Android 7.1.1, but now also the Windows UI is not longer usable.   I open a context dialog, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loudness changes the hole time

Hey Guys,I´f got an Problem.The loudness of my Songs changes the hole time.It is very noise to hear Musik if this happens. It does not matter which calculation i have ore how loud i try to hear the Musik. How can i change this? It is not funny any mo...

• Hey Guys, I´f got an Problem. The loudness of my Songs changes the hole time. It is very noise to hear Musik if this happens.  It does not matter which calculation i have ore how loud i try ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify add a whole bunch of unwanted songs to my queue?

I'd like to know why Spotify puts unwanted songs onto my queue, when I requested for a single album to be added? Or better yet, how do I prevent it from happening?Let me explain:So I browse to any artist's page, then hit the play button on any album(...

• I'd like to know why Spotify puts unwanted songs onto my queue, when I requested for a single album to be added? Or better yet, how do I prevent it from happening? Let me explain: So I browse ...
  • dlepzelter
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Volume of adverts really loud

The adverts are much louder than the actual music and so when I have ear phones in and the adverts come on I get the shock of my life. How do I reduce their volume?

• The adverts are much louder than the actual music and so when I have ear phones in and the adverts come on I get the shock of my life. How do I reduce their volume?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay has stopped working

Love this feature but on my desktop (Windows 7) and IOS (iPhone 6) this facility has stopped working, even though it is still enabled in the settings.Could be since last update.

• Music Fan
  • Love this feature but on my desktop (Windows 7) and IOS (iPhone 6) this facility has stopped working, even though it is still enabled in the settings. Could be since last update.
  • ringostarr9
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

cant open spotify

I have already installed Spotify and this came up. pls, help .

• Casual Listener
  • I have already installed Spotify and this came up. pls, help .
  • prishveen1997
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my info when I got a new computer, can I get it back?

I use the desktop App, and I got a new computer and installed spotify and it seems all the songs that I liked from my radio stations in on my last computer are all gone. Is there any way to get that back? Or at least to see my old Discover weekly pla...

• I use the desktop App, and I got a new computer and installed spotify and it seems all the songs that I liked from my radio stations in on my last computer are all gone.  Is there any way to get...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cant open spotify on my laptop

whenever I try to open the app it gives me a message saying i have an invalid user profile

• Casual Listener
  • whenever I try to open the app it gives me a message saying i have an invalid user profile
  • alex559920
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes