Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Show the queue length

It would be nice to have a running sum of the length of all songs in your queue. Updates as each song gets played and removed.

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
circuitlord

A simple time value in the play queue screen that displays the sum total time remaining for the whole queue. Useful for stacking up a mixed playlist or album at work or on a long drive and knowing exactly how long it will take until it has finished. 

Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-08-19

Hey @circuitlord,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of this idea.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

livia_frost

It would be great if the total time of songs queued was listed somewhere to know how many more songs to queue depending on how long you want to listen!

Elena
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-03-20

Hey @livia_frost,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of an older idea we had here.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @circuitlord!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

dog_eared88

I really like to set queues for road trips or showers, that way I can get the exact mix of genres that I’m feeling in the moment. I would love to have the queue show me how long it is so that I’m not disappointed when I miss out on a handful of songs. If a playlist or album can do it, I have hope that this wouldn’t be too difficult to implement. Thank you for your consideration. 🙂 

leilanizbin

I really hope this gets enough votes!! It's been reposted so many times, but never gets enough votes quick enough to be considered. Regardless, I've always had this concept in my head and so glad to see others pushing for it to happen! It'll be great for the person who is queuing songs on a car trip, so they can queue enough for the trip, and then enjoy the music with the group instead of constantly having to guess whether or not they have to add more songs before they arrive at their destination. And as another said about showers, it'll be nice to know how many new songs I can enjoy/queue while I'm listening in the shower or waiting for my food to cook without accidentally queuing too many and having to remember to listen to it later! I could see this working on Mobile and Desktop, but more useful on Mobile, I believe. Thank you for your idea post!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-06-17

Hey @livia_frost 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

golfkrause

When you queue up multiple songs, there should be something telling you how long the queue, ie 15 songs, 1hr and 8 min. I use queues a lot for long car rides and it’s hard to tell how many songs to queue up for the trip because I don’t the the overall length of my queue

juan_de_brigard

The idea is very simple: display the whole length of the queue so you know how much music (in hours and mins.) you've programmed. Just as with playlists, but with the queue, only in this case the number would decrease after each played song. Something like: "You've got 2h31mins of music remaining in queue"

It would also be very useful to be able to display that info as the exact time the queue will end, as in: "Your music will play 'till 5:34" or that sort of thing. It would be very nice, for instance, to set an hour long queue and know how much time has passed just because the music ended, without having to set an alarm. Or, if you know you have to work for three hours, when you've added enough songs to last you that long.

Hope this gets implemented. Thanks in advance!