Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
ParentalControl

I would love the ability to just disable the home page as default. Make Library page as default.

Or to customize Home page so that "Discover" recommendations are turned off. I hate Discover. I feel that Discover only wants to put Explicit content in my face. I don't even like majority of the artist it recommends. I tend to just want to listen or shuffle playlist that I have created and want to listen to.

Here is what should be done!:

Items that should be default in Home:

• Recently Played
  • Your Heavy Rotation
  • Your Favorite Albums and Songs
  • Your Playlists

Items that need to have toggle on/off:

• Discover Recommendations
  • Just for You
  • Daily Mix
  • Similar to: .....
  • Curated Playlists Genre Recommendations (Similar to Discover)
  • Jump Back In
  • Album Picks
  • New Releases For You
Moodown

I am so frustrated by this situation. I really hate my country's music I don't wanna see it I don't wanna hear it I don't want to contact with that language in any way. But nothing seems to work. I tried everything but only way to change is to change your country and that also changes your payment plan so I have nothing, nada.

I also can't find a way to create a post so I hate it too. AND shuffle algorithm sucks so bad, it gives me the same songs over again even though I have 4000+ songs in my library

cadilluck

And I want to start program with Browse -> Discover, always. why not? easy to implement!

cadilluck

or as in web browsers – start with page last opened – whatever it was, artist page, playlist or search results

cadilluck

minimizing any blocks would be also nice – not to take that much space where completely not needed

fuzzymunky

I wrote down a similar idea.   The home screen should be more like YouTube, they give us stuff we might like but we have the option of saying "Not Interested". I also would like to be able to edit our "recently played" list, so we can customize our home screen, I mean we do pay good money for this service.  

monster3842

I was thinking the same thing, i agree with this idea. It will be very useful feature if it become. How it can be hard to do for a such company like this.

panbrood

Only thing I use on Home Tab is Settings (or actually Equalizer, which has to be hidden here for some reason).

rustamsibagatov

Hey guys,

I like this app, but one very annoying thing is that I have all this recommendations I don't want on the "Browse" page. Like the home page. I have Thai and Korean music, which I don't like to listed at all. And normally I listed to music at night, so the half of recommendationsa are Kpop and Thai music, and the rest is "sleeping" music. "rain sounds", pieaceful guitar, etc etc etc. Very annoying, and I can't remove it. I don't want to sleep, and I would like to edit the home page myself. But I can't. Is there a plan to add a feature which will allow to create your own home page. Add/edit/remove the tabs, etc.

Thank you!

spriggsy

Yes, please give us the ability to customize the start screen. This should have been there from the beginning. I don't wish to see politically charged ads when I pay $9.99 a month to not have ads.