Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
l_23g6y-i7kdn

This is a fantastic idea!! 

If I listen to a soundtrack, I might not want to see it suggested to me for weeks on end.

If a friend suggested an album, but it's not really my taste, I don't want it to be continually suggested. 

If Spotify decides to create new playlists, and its not something I want to listen to, I want the ability to remove it from my Home page so I can get more suggestions of music I am interested in.

I specifically do not like seeing political pushes on my Home page (yes, I am specifically talking about the Black Lives Matter playlist and Black Music Matters section). You should see from your algorithm that I listen to Country music, and do not endorse being suggested to listen to "F*** the Police". The least you can do is give me control over the playlists that appear on my homepage. If not, my family music subscription will find a new platform.

E_Diamond

Yes custom home page please. 

The BLM and LGBT playlists need to be optional. When I sit down to relax at night it's the last thing I want to be reminded of having had a full day of it. If Spotify really must include this stuff please give us the option of hiding it - this solution could do that. I've cancelled Premium for now because I've seen quite enough, but if this is implemented I'd be happy to reinstate.

DevilEars

Off the bat, if the recommendation system makes recommendations that stick out like that, it is fundamentally broken too. I find the Spotify recommendation algorithm to work pretty well most of the time, which is why certain recommendations showing up in my feed immediately caught my attention. I am more than willing to pay for the accurate recommendation system. I am not willing to put up with a service that broke itself, let alone one that did so for the whimsical reason of pushing political ideals. No thanks. Just my tunes, please.

DevilEars

The ability to customise the start screen is only a win-win. It would greatly improve an already pretty good recommendation algorithm, because users can tell you directly and immediately what their preferences are. That is invaluable data that your users paid for, so all you need to do is use your heads and enable this functionality. It would also help a great deal with unsolicited content, which are poor recommendations based on user profiles, that Spotify decided to push in order to make a political point. We, as your paying users, are not primarily interested in politics. We are more interested in a musical streaming service and how it can be improved. Leave politics at the door and focus on your fundamentals. 

Lovefire

Okay, the fact there is so many duplicates of the same idea that all get lead to here, says what? That over the past 3 or so years Spotify still has done nothing to bring this idea to fruition. They will take our money, let us post ideas, but do they deliver on the most demanding feedback we ask for. Nope! No customizable home page, no Spotify mini-mode, nothing. This is why I gave up on Spotify there just as bas a Sony, they have there own agenda and don't really care about customer feedback. just look at all the feedback post that have been laying round for years in here, and all there do is get re-routed to another. This company needs a new leader, someone that puts customers care first and listens to feedback; Spotify obviously doesn't. It doesn't take 3+ years to make a custom home page, that takes about 12 hours of coding or less. so I rest my case.

L_M_F_A_O

**bleep**, This is great someone spoke up! I have to agree whole heartedly, we really need this feature and Spotify is not the type of company that jumps on customers feedback. I have been with Spotify for a long long time and even feedback post back then still have not come to the app. So I really have to agree with @lovefire, they have a strong valid point. It really doesn't take that long to implement an idea to the app, it more whether the company really wants to. Personally, I think they get too much money to advertise politics and campaigns on the home page to put thoughts into our heads. Part of the reason they probably won't allow us to customize our home page they way we would like. sorry everyone... its all about money these days. 

roelani

God, I couldn’t agree more. Sad to see this is barely even acknowledged, it feels like what should be BASIC functionality for a damned home screen. I don’t care about “80’s Movies Soundtrack” why even is it shown to me on my home screen? There is literally NOTHING in my library that resembles that. “Easy listening tops” and, oh my god the amount of unnecessary trash on the home screen is unreal. SPOTIFY ORIGINAL PODCASTS and “HAPPY”. 

What the frick is “HAPPY” supposed to be? What if I’m not feeling an upbeat playlist? And if I am, don’t you worry none, I will TELL YOU that’s what I want to listen to. I know where the playlists are.

I know how to browse your app, Spotify, I already PAY to not get advertisements thrown in my face, thanks.

LocalBandDoesOK

Why has this been liked hundreds of times and commented on dozens of times with no response from the Spotify team for over 2 years? The top used to be my daily mixes, and then my recent artists, I never even had to scroll to see anything. Now, the top is Michelle Obama’s podcast stickied on top, which I have no interest in and can not remove. Under that I get “the state of music today” like rap caviar and other “popular” music that I’ve never consumed on my Spotify at all. I pay $16 a month so I don’t have to listen to ads, and instead you’ve just flooded my home screen with them. If this is your plan, at least let your users know so we can show our displeasure by unsubscribing. Being silent on a problem for over 2 years doesn’t make it go away. 
just let me delete things, or even just move things around on my homepage. I can’t scroll past 5 lists of stuff while im driving just to find my daily mixes, they are so well tailored to me I don’t have to listen to anything else unless I explicitly search for it. Make them more easily accessible, if not just the top of the list like they used to be. Or in the least just tell us this policy isn’t going to change so I can stop paying you to continue to feed me ads. Thank you 

ferkjl

Gotta give this one a double thumbs up.  I posted a duplicate because I missed to see this one.  

I find it hard to believe that this doesn't have a million votes yet. Who doesn't want to customize the MAIN screen?