Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
aloshka

Isn't it ironic that they bleep out the words here, but the podcasts themselves have sexual terms and images. 

I was able to contact them via chat, and it was useless. They said they can't change anything. I asked for the legal department because they are exposing this trash to potential children and now I am back to just seeing horoscopes, etc. 

roelani

Get rid of the damned podcasts. 

I'm here for music, I don't **bleep** care about talkshow **bleep**. How many **bleep** pages is it gonna take? I have to scroll past irrelevant **bleep** I'm never, EVER, going to listen to in order to find the music I want.

And I promise you, every time it's pushed down my throat, the chances of me checking it out DECREASE exponentially.

Edit: cute. You **bleep** what we post, but I can't censor the ads on the service I pay you for.

Kayla24

I agree.  It’s very frustrating to pay a service monthly to not have ads and then still get ads in the form of “suggestions” that have nothing to do with what I listen to.  Push the “Spotify original” podcasts etc. on the basic version and please stop cluttering up paying users with annoyingly uncontrollable and sometimes offensive content.  I also would love that the homepage go back to having the full 6 or so daily music mixes, not only 2 music mixes and then a bunch of random podcast/news mixes either.  Really, I might as well just switch to Pandora, at least their suggestions reflect their users interests.

sxkuba

can't believe this idea is almost 3 years old and spotify still hasn't considered it. I'm paying for this app, so being able to customise my Home section really shouldn't be something I should have to ask for. and clearly a lot of people support this idea, and I doubt anyone would reject the option to customise the experience to our liking.

I barely use this part of the app anymore since it's so cluttered with things I'm not interested in. Especially now that the "New Releases for you" section is gone.

c'mon spotify, usually you're really good with listening to your customers. what's the problem here?

_marsousasantos

At this point it's clear they don't **bleep** about this request whatsoever, despite countless paying users have been complaining for years about it. Guess I'll have to keep seeing some old ass podcasts pop up every day in the top of my home screen lol

peterlnewton

EDIT:

I found an easier solution! The Web App does not show any of the podcast or suggestions not related to your music! Plus, it feels almost identical to the native app. Instructions for mobile are below, BUT if you need your music to connect to your vehicle or other external devices. I would launch native app on your phone/computer, never close it, and control it through the Web App (on Mobile). Enjoy!

Note: 

This does not work for desktop (mac or windows) on Chrome the same way it does for Android/iOS. I still see podcast suggestions on Desktop within Web App.

Go to https://open.spotify.com and add Web Spotify to Home Screen.

Android: ( Instructions here, https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/9658361/use-progressive-web-apps-android?co=GENIE.Platform%... )

iOS: ( Instructions here, https://www.groovypost.com/howto/add-a-website-shortcut-to-your-iphone-home-screen/ )

OLD:

Not ideal, but if they don't want to change. I don't mind change.

I now use Last.fm to play my music instead of the Spotify clients. It still requires you to install Spotify on the desired device, but you use Last.fm to control playback and search for songs. UI isn't as cool, but worth the compromise if it means I can focus on my music. Attached article with an explanation; oh, and it's free. I imagine there are other solutions, but I have been using Last.fm already for music scrobbling.

https://www.theverge.com/2014/1/29/5357866/last-fm-adds-spotify-web-playback#:~:text=Share%20All%20s....

Export your Liked Songs to a new Spotify Playlist, grab the share URL. Then Import the playlist into the new platform. Manage old playlists on the new platform and enjoy your new home client. I hope this helps!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Create-a-Playlist-from-Liked-Songs/td-p/4998474#:~:tex...

Magnvs

I have noticed they are posting this to other posts complaining about the cluster**bleep** recommendations, and then voting it as a "solution" themselves, thereby locking the threads full of complaints. 😄

Oh and Spotify still doesn't understand what "Start minimized" means for some reason. Ah well.

imdelph

I pay to still be advertised to, thanks 🖐🏻🖐🏻

G51e

Every time I open Spotify seeing the photo of Jeffery Epstein the peadophile because I watch the podcast months ago! I am sick of this and after being a paid premium user for years about to shift to Apple Music. I don’t want to but I get annoyed every time I open Spotify and I have to scroll past so much junk before I can find Discover Weekly.  So simple to fix so please FIX IT. 

neanda
haha, looks like they they didn't add cunts to their bleeping algo