Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
heheheheheheha

Reminder: Vote for this completely related popular idea too.  Lets make them hear us.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Podcasts-Option-to-disable-or-hide-podcast... 

Death to C U M Town!

grasgaute

Yes, please add customization. A first small step that solves ~80% would be an option to disable podcast entirely.

335xime

Thousands of posts and Spotify thinks it knows better than it's customers, by spotify hello free Amazon / free Google /  free cable provider music or ten thousand other music options. This it the end for me, totally charging me for doing whatever the **bleep** the want to with the UI and the customer gets to take it. They may not like it but**bleep**, right? See yaaaaaaaa.....................

efarayenkay

This. Just got a barrage of Joe Rogan Experience suggestions.  I not only do not follow JRE, I actively walk in the other direction.

MichaelMcCammon

I feel your pain. It could be much worse.... you could be forced to see the Obamas on the daily. I mean seriously, who wants that?!?!

efarayenkay

🙋‍

Kindra_demi

This is something that shouldn’t be “set aside”. I don’t care about the podcast I listened to the trailer for a month ago so stop showing that on my suggested/top playlists (whatever that top section is). If I haven’t listened to a playlist in a bit, don’t suggest it. I haven’t forgotten about a playlist I made. It’s not something I’m clearly interested in at this point. But if I could customize that page, then it would be more user friendly and continues to put the customer first.

judsonb

I am really tired of the garbage and ads on the home screens of Spotify. I want to be able to hide the stuff I don't want to see. I am not interested in Spotify Podcasts, but I pay for the music.  Let me see the music. Also, I don't want to see the push and promotion for whatever political woke agenda is en vogue on my screen... this alone is why my kids will not get access to spotify until this is solved. I should not have to answer questions about inappropriate content before they are of age to understand it. 

Squeezeboxer

I am also extremely annoyed by it! I listen to other things than those that are displayed to me, I pay for it and would at least want to DELETE "TOP SHOWS FOR ME", which I don't like and want to hear at all. Since several months I just see an ugly laughing face of my "TOP SHOWS" I will NEVER want to hear! Damnit! When I buy classical music LP records, I also do not want to see ugly gangster rap music hanging at my **bleep** ing wall. It won't be long before I'm gone. GREAT JOB, SPOTIFY.

kgo6i-_68rp6

I don't mind the suggestions that much, but I absolutely hate the new good morning function. It always shows podcasts, ones I have not listened to for months and I can not get rid of it. I HATE this so much, why not show my most played playlists/artists or at the very least give the option to remove something, like you can do with the suggested songs underneath a playlist. I have three podcasts in my home screen under goodmorning I never listen to, they are just there because I played one episode. I have zero interest in these podcasts. Give us to option to remove it.