Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
hamoud

I would like to remove soft "pawnography" from my homepage, my little brother uses my phone and sees recommended podcasts, that I have never listened to on my homepage. This is unacceptable and I will take legal action about this if it does not get solved. Even a "not interested" button on podcasts could help. Do something or there will be legal consequences for recommending "pawnography" to literal children.

PerAxel

That BUSY home page on the other 2 big music apps is what drove me to Spotify, and I am verty happy here.  But it drives me away when there is so much that I will listen to., and they suggest stuff I will never ever listen to.   As it stands, I immediately go to my Library to avoid the Home page.  I spend less than a several second there, just checking it out.  And then I head over to my Library to avoid it.  Spotify must know their search works really well and I could search for all sorts of music and podcasts, if I wanted.   But I know what I want, and I choose what I want to see/listen to.  If I wanted confusion I would go to the other places.  

_Aaron

I don't listen to podcasts! Holy f**k let me get them off my home screen. I use Spotify for music ONLY. The podcast recommendations on the home screen are inappropriate, I keep getting this one called "asmr with amouranth" and the picture is of a girl wearing a bra and showing her boobs. F*ck you amouranth, get off my home screen.

Stuntmanted

Its actually crazy how long this has been ignored (obviously because its on forums and not socials like twitter) but ill be canceling and moving to apple now which I thought was subpar a few years ago because of tailored playlisting. Spotify has definitely declined in the past 2 years and it would be ignorant on your part to ignore small issues like these, do not forget people pay to use this app, its not cool to see you tell your customers your not going to do what they want you to do(even though their paying for it)

DarkSquig

I concur, this is something that is a no-brainer with online services today. I understand that there may be marketing considerations and entities may be paying Spotify a premium to get space on the home screen but this is not appropriate for a paid premium account. I want to see the things that are relevant to me on the home page.

Jeramiah17

Yeah the fact that ur paying 10 dollars for a premium account and you are still getting advertised to for these politically charged podcasts is ridiculous, their opinion of us is right there in the "Not Right Now" decision they made. This is such a simple and passive option, there is no reason this should negatively impact their business but it will because they are ignoring all of us.

mrman112

bunch of arseholes.  Why do you force me to look at some comedian I hate, whom I have never listened in preference to anything I might like.  It really is getting to the stage that I will cancel Spotify so I dont have to have some smug git on my screen.

ThingWizard

Yeah Spotify is still stuck in the nationalistic era with their "Country = One language and one culture".  I'm sure this was appropriate in the 1930's but that is almost 100 years ago now. It's rather rude to assume language and culture from geographical position nowadays. It's not hard to implement a setting for this.

Please let us toggle podcasts on/off - I couldn't care less seeing them on my homescreen all the time. Just here to listen and discover new music.

mrman112
Interestingly – within hours of my whinge about having the mug of a self
righteous comedian being used by spotify to plug said comedian, the
promotion disappeared.

But you are right – even if the control allowed the subscriber to move parts
of the home screen that are not of interest to the bottom of the screen
would be nice. If I wanted to be pitched to, I probably would not be
paying £17 per month not to be pitched to. Maybe Spotify should be
reflecting on why people subscribe, and what might push them back to not
subscribing (I am assuming they do better from the subscription model than
the advertising model – perhaps that is wrong).