Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
pwca

Hi Spotify overlords,

Yet another customer speaking up to say that I'm sick of this - I've been a paying subscriber for 4 years and recently my homescreen has become unusable for browsing music. No matter what podcast appears there, it's a new kind of repulsive. Here:

pwca_0-1633732891991.png

I'm sure this "Let's Find Out ASMR" guy is nice, maybe, but if he's ever in a burning building I will expend no effort to save him. And what the h'ell, I don't want to podcasts to remind me about work when I get home and want to chill to music.

This is not "great promotion" for your podcast partners, it's a blight on content generally and speaks to incredibly poor and short-sighted leadership.  LITERALLY every other content provider on the internet, even loud adverts, offers the opportunity to hide or ignore them. Specifically if the individual deems something distasteful, which should not require a community vote, or a slow 'mark explicit' process with no accountability. If I don't want to see something I shouldn't be forced to see it.

I've spent four years of subscription money, averaging more than $400 - tell your "leadership" to compare keeping your customers happy to whatever payout you get from podcasters to force their content in our faces. Keep this up and I'm taking my subscription to a platform that respects its users.

mikhos

revisit this. i don't listen to this show and want these recommendations gone. i have zero interest in any podcasts. sd.png

Magnvs

Podcasts ("Shows to try") seem to be moved to the very bottom of my home screen in the desktop client now, this is a great improvement, unfortunately my credit card recently got stolen so the number changed, and I'm not really inclined to update it with Spotify until downvoting of suggestions is implemented.

Nitzan

Just add the ability to remove stuff. Youtube has it. Everyone has it. Why doesn't Spotify has it?

daichiyukine

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 08.27.03.pngIt is very annoying to see persistent suggestions on home screen for podcasts which I listened to just once and have no intention of continuing. Spotify keeps on informing me about the new episodes from the podcast that I don't even follow again again. Very annoying. What is the point of paying when I can't even control my home screen.

boodavia

I too have been cursed with this smiling dork as well as this "Sound Machine" thing. I have never clicked or listened to a single episode of either podcast, so why are these stuck to my homepage? That grinning goober has been there almost a year now and I sure am sick of seeing him and his ASMR content I couldn't care less about.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.36.00 AM.png

STOP ignoring your user base, because Apple Music sure is looking better by the day.

Ahmedeid

Am not type of listening to podcasts person so seeing in home page in category your shows 3 podcasts, I get annoyed everytime seeing that and can't do nothing. so plz hurry up with modifying option for the users to have better experience

xithix

The home screen has been an eyesore for me since it started with "Made For You", and is even worse in the age of "Your Shows". It is so far off the mark with playlist/podcast recommendations which I must view on a daily basis. Please provide just quality content, and not desperate and conspicuous schemes to "engage" me.

calzonee

God this is annoying. I generally like Spotify, but this is the one thing I truly hate about it. Why can't we customize or remove things from the home screen? Random podcasts I have listened to momentarily and don't care about are stuck there forever. I just want to be able to never see them again on my home screen. And the amount of comments and votes this has gotten and still no movement. I'd settle for being able to delete my history entirely (and then never listen to another podcast on Spotify again). Fix this already!

Mac_Holgate

I agree, especially on the phone app. I would love to delete those jump back in suggestions for podcasts I've tried and didn't like. I'd love to be able to remove the recommended for me section that's based on songs or episodes I didn't enjoy. It would be awesome to get rid of episodes for me, continue listening, or find something new. 

It would be great to have more control over what I see, to be able to customize and streamline my dashboard the way I would like it, not based on who is paying the most on advertising this week.