Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
salishna

...surprise, surprise.  Another request to remove clutter from our home screens...ignored.  Yet again. 

rygle

How ridiculous that in a service that's all about playing your music, you can't see your music the way that you want to see it so that you can play what you want to play, not what the app is pushing you to play.

Bad, Spotify, Bad! No Soup for You!

BadOxymoron

"We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement."

Read: "We make more money via direct advertisers on podcasts than we do per stream of a song or the subscription fees of you, the people who actually use our service...soOooOoo yeah we're going to keep pestering you and hope you click on one accidentally teehee :3"

stevez12

This seems like an obvious feature/option to provide users.  I wonder if Spotify is getting kickbacks from record labels/podcast networks to suggest certain songs/podcasts.  I guess this is how payola works in the internet age.

iPaq

So dead sick of seeing all these podcasts on my home screen when I open Spotify. I don't even listen to podcasts on this platform or anywhere for that matter. I'd like a way to remove them from all platforms without having to hack slash the UI apart myself.

There is so much garbage there which isn't useful to me. Let alone all these slightly strange podcast icons which keep popping up on my monitor.

andytraff

When I open Spotify I just go to the Your Library tab and ignore the Home screen all together.

pickausernameok

Well, Spotify, you can keep moving this request to not right now all you want, but I'm done with you. I've canceled my subscription and I have set up a lovely TIDAL account which does not shove podcasts at me, constantly. Funny thing is, the music actually sounds better over there, as well. You have failed, Spotify. Goodbye.

Trax1mus

Users should be able to choose what the main thing is they see on their home screen not just have it default to something that doesn't interest them, for example, row after row of podcasts is not ideal for primarily a music listener, and the other way around.  Without ever listening to a podcast my home page is packed with them and support explained that is the default setting that I cannot change which is very frustrating, I don't get as many playlist recommendations as often anymore which is my main interest

sylanteer

Currently the "Episodes for you" block displays above "Made for ..." block. I am not listening to podcasts in Spotify (prefere Podcast Addict for that) and have no means to remove this block. 

Moreover I don't understand why Podcasts block is displyed first when Spotify was more about music and not podcasts.

So the idea is to add an option to sort blocks the way user see fit or at least be able to remove the Podcasts block completely.

As long as it allows me to get all the Podcast**bleep** off my homepage. It appears Spotify has no interest in this and will continue to shove Podcast ads up our ass so they can take my Spotify account and shove it up their ass. I'm done.