Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments

Thanks for the Tidal tip. Turns out, Tidal also offers a military and first responder discount which results in better fidelity at a better price for me WITH NO PODCAST ADS. See ya Spotify. 

pickausernameok

I'm so happy to hear it worked out well for you, Coastie. I never considered myself some big audiophile, but the difference in how the music *sounds* over there, is stunning. My only regret is that I gave Spotify two years of good faith, waiting and hoping that they would eventually allow us to streamline our Spotify experience away from podcasts if we so chose. 'Looks instead like they want to learn the hard way. Their loss! Fair winds and following seas, friend Enjoy your Tidal! 

Thanx Pickauser. Like many others here, I have been complaining about this issue for awhile. Spotify can **bleep**-off at this point. Shut down premium, closed my account, and deleted the app. And the fidelity difference with Tidal over Spotify is quite noticeable. 

I'm not sure why i can't vote on this idea but I would also like to see this functionality it should be pretty easy for your developers to put together ... I'm not sure why I keep getting recommended to list to the Jordan B. Peterson Podcast when I never listened to the guy or searched his not or even listened to other podcasts that is remotely similar to him please give me this functionality so I can get rid of a lot of junk that your AI is recommending to me and pisses me off every time I open Spotify.

Yep. Another user annoyed that I pay to use Spotify and am served in-app ads disguised as "recommendations" for me. I don't want to see these and I don't want to use Spotify for my podcasts at all... I am considering just cancelling Spotify and switching to Apple Music. Or just the old fashioned way of downloading and storing on my phone... We've got plenty of storage space now for all the music we need.

31dbnftavepyup3

Guys, it is 2021!

This idea started in 2018 - please - that button that shows/hides items on app - it is a 30 min work for a mid-developer that is used with the app. The psychologist or whoever decides that customizing homescreen is bad for business should be fired. Please please, don't be like Windows. 

bradleybicycle

Whatever algorithm is choosing my "Episodes For You" is BUSTED.  These lame a$$ podcasts it's suggesting are ridiculous.  And who are these women putting nude pics of themselves as "cover art" for clicks?  When did Spotify become a **bleep** to **bleep** out stupid people trying to get downloads of their un-listanble podcasts?  its REALLY annoying.  So annoying in fact, that it brought me here to say so.  

JackLeveledUp

Even if we can't go so far as customizing the entire flow of information, it would help so much to be able to block specific artists or podcasts. There are podcasts that I'm recommended all the time (probably based on demographics) that for ethical reasons I just have NO interest in engaging with. It's not like it ruins my day but it's an ongoing frustration that honestly it does make me consider replacing Spotify with a service that won't give me those feelings.

sylanteer

Don't know how many votes are needed for us to be heard. C'mon Spotify, don't be like Youtube Music, hear us and let us add/remove blocks we want to see on the main screen. That's why we came to Spotify when Google Play Music has abandoned us. Don't follow their steps.

But please play podcasts not music it saves Spotify money.......