Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
fullyghostly

Lol I’m stuck with Emily Montes’s album I listened to as a joke with friends once on my homescreen everyday 

kproland01

Seriously considering deleting Spotify over this. How is this suggestion over 3 years old with over 7,000 likes and there STILL is not anything close to this option. "Status: Not Right Now"--when exactly? If the answer is "Never" then just say "Never".

mathisbrogers

Thankfully, I was only paying 9.99 (10.81 with tax) but another issue I had is a song would play that I wasn't interested in, so I blocked it and it said "We will not play this song from this album again."  However, the next time I played that album, it would play.  Although I would still like to keep Spotify premium, I just got notice that my job is ending on the 2nd, so I cancelled my subscription the day before it was due.(whew). Hopefully, by the time I get another job, they'll have the issues fixed and I can come back.  While Apple Music Individual is the same price, I really don't want to have to install iTunes on my work computer and depending on the job I get, I might not be able to.

eurohilli

You don't have to install iTunes, Apple Music has a web player, just like Spotify. 

music.apple.com

Shahius

Haha. Now musicians started pulling their music from Spotify due to this controversial podcasts feature. LOL. You should have stayed away from politics, Spotify! I told you so long before.

Iguala

I’m also tired tired tired super tired of seeing things I’m not interested in, like this erotic things. Just like all of the other comments, I’m paying premium to get rid of ads, and this erotic things and unwanted content are flooding my screen when I open Spotify.

DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING 

eurohilli

They're not going to do anything anytime soon, if at all, much like optimising their Mac app for the M1 chip. I'm at Apple Music now, so much better, for the same price.

mathisbrogers

Thank you, Eurohilli. I did not know that.

eurohilli

Seriously, the Apple Music sound quality blows Spotify clean out of the water. I have tested on my B&W HiFi and Bose QC headphones. The difference is remarkable.

More about Apple lossless here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212183

If you're feeling adventurous, and your internet connection, storage capacity and hardware allows it, you can stream/download Pro-Res, at about 150MB per song. Again, all this for the same price as Spotify, just 10 bucks a month. Oh, throw in Dolby Atmos for no extra charge.

wildcardNS

They will never allow you control over the home page. The home page is how they leverage their algorithm for maximum "engagement." It's literally their business model.

They don't care about usability. The faster you find what you're looking for, the less time they have to influence you to do something else.