Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
JeffThomas3

Time to bring this idea back to light. It'd be so helpful to be able to manipulate my home screen on my IOS and desktop version. I'd LOVE to be able to REMOVE the podcast recommendations completely. Or at least reposition on the bottom of the screen. It's incredibly frustrating that it consumes so much screen real estate for functionality that I'm have very limited interest in using. If not full customization then the ability to tweak the recommendation "engine" to included/exclude specific content. Such as removing children's music recommendations since I sometimes play that for my child. Included can be omitting podcast recommendations, too. That can work in reverse where people can opt into recommendations/content, too.

micro2112

Haaaaate this. I click play on a podcast, listen for 2 mins, decide I don't like it and now it is just stuck up there for months!! So so so dumb. You need to be able to "remove recommendation" or "stop showing me from this artist"

They aren't even recommendations. They are previously played -- so I already know about it 

cl8910

I am considering cancelling my account because I do not like the images displayed on my Home page. I'd like the ability to not display certain categories.

Vonzi89

This should be top priority 

mcttocs

So ridiculous that I can't customize my own home screen,  especially to remove inappropriate contest. 

You can. The answer is in this thread.
MRNL
You can’t, I removed several ‘shows’ which should be gone from recommendations for 90 days, but they just magically reappear a few days later. So this function is useless.

Furthermore removing two or three shows in a row crashes the app completely.

This is the feature I would like:
I want to remove ALL PODCAST from my homescreen permanently. PERMANENTLY!.
rkiter

It's hard to understand why Spotify can not create a feature that customers actually want, like the ability to customize their own app home screen layout, currently the entire above-the-fold content you put there is confusing and irrelevant to me as a user. You have more budget and developers than other companies how is this possible, and why are you back-burnering it when we clearly want it. 

cubbo

Aaaaand as quick as they introduced the ‘not interested’ feature, it’s gone. Back at the full mercy of the Spotify algorithm gods. Maybe switching to Tidal isn’t such a bad idea after all…

MrBue

Right, the function to hide things is really gone! But it wasn't really useful anyway, since podcasts were already displayed again shortly after.

Let's see what they come up with next to keep paying customers happy?