Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
thewarrenhart

I've seen several people mention that they think Spotify won't bother to change this because they get paid to advertise particular types of content, but that just doesn't 'work' for myself and people like me. No matter how much they try to push a particular type of content, I will NEVER listen to something I don't actually want to listen to. What would I bother with that for? I wouldn't be so stubborn as to recommend a death metal album to someone who only listens to baroque pop, so why does Spotify insist on recommending hip hop to me when most of what I listen to is progressive rock? And that's not even considering how annoying it is to have dozens of podcasts recommended to me when I have NEVER actually listened to a podcast on Spotify. The end result of all this is that I'm spending a fraction of the amount of time on Spotify that I used to - I've gone back to my physical collection of music and I'm far happier with that than I am with having unwanted and unappealing content forced down my throat. This strategy of theirs, I would wager, is actually pushing people away as opposed to getting them to listen to unwanted content.

You have 96 pages of people complaining here Spotify. Do something about it.

Satyricon

Don't understand why it's so difficult to add a "hide element" on the UI other than being lazy, or don't give a single <redacted> about the users who actually pay money.

Don't care about podcasts, don't care about recommendation that are remotely not in line with music that I ever would touch. Or why can't i set the default tab to be the "library" tab... Or something. 

darubaru

This is ridiculous isn't it possible to hack this sh*t? How come they don't care about this? Let's take this issue other places...  Well I guess Deezer has this option, i am considering...

Lagalaga

How can they not do this?

It's the simplest thing that will make the experience better for literally thousands of people.

Spotify's customer service has always been terrible and the lack of a solution for this is no surprise, albeit still extremely annoying.

MrBue

Let's be honest Spotify...this new (old) view is totally stupid!

Why not just the normal view, only WITHOUT the podcasts?

...and delete things I have no interest in...forever, not just 90 days!

7F42AD1B-3A1F-4016-BB70-195140E0425F.png

Yes, it is wildly annoying to get shows recommended under the header "my shows" right at the top of my home page when I don't even remember listening to it. Promoting podcasts by bothering people into accidentally clicking on them is definitely not the way. This makes me want to avoid podcasts because I don't want more of them to randomly show up at my home page every day. I might listen to podcasts if I didn't have to fear harassment by the algorithm.

makreljohnson

If the unsolicited and non-family safe (on a family plan) junk keeps getting displayed on the home page I'll be setting my premium payments to 'Not Right Now'. 

Which executive made the deal so they could get a new Porsche this month?

mathisbrogers

@makreljohnson,

Don't bother threatening them, they don't care because advertisors are paying them big bucks to put them on our screens. The best thing to do is go a head and drop them.

I dropped mine several months ago and I don't even bother listening to Spotify anymore. I've actually deleted the app.  I only have it set to notify me about replies here, so I can see if they ever do actually change it.

Maybe when everyone drops them and the advertisers are all that's left, and the advertisers aren't making any money and pull their advertisments, Spotify will get the hint and start listening to us.

Good luck.

Mathis...

prauh

I hate having the "Your Shows" section on my homepage. They arent my shows at all and its just annoying. Spotify is all about customizing the listening experience around your preferences -- why are you pushing this Podcast content so hard down our throats? Its doesn't make sense to me. Please let us remove it.

BigTestikules

This post was updated FOUR YEARS AGO, has over 9000 votes and nothing has changed...