Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there folks, 

Just sharing an update with you all:

I've gone ahead and did some tweaks in the Status Update to make it more clear that this issue should be resolved for iOS users as this caused some confusion.

If you're currently in version 14.2 (and newer) of the Shazam app and you're experiencing something similar on an iOS device, we'd recommend posting in the relevant Help board so we can take a closer look into things.

We'd also suggest checking out this Spotify Answer that contains more info and troubleshooting you can try.

For Android users, rest assured that the teams are still working into improving things. Make sure to keep both Spotify and Shazam apps up to date in the meanwhile.

Lastly, keep in mind that if you're on Android, you can try deleting the "My Shazam Tracks" playlist to restart the sync. However, we don't recommend trying this step if you're having troubles with the iOS app as this won't work in the same way (you'll only see new shazamed tracks display).

If anything changes for Android users, we'll keep you in the loop here!

Hope this helps clear things up a bit more! If you have any questions about what different Ongoing Issue statuses mean, you can check this Spotify Answer.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
Stéphane16

Hey @Katerina 

My Shazam version is the latest : 13.28.0

But there was the same problem with older versions.

Was it pass to your teams? Cause Mario said the same thing.

Nicole2000

I have a similar problem, i think i deleted the playlist since i started using shazam and i can't find it anywhere (on my spotify "deleted playlist" there's nothing). I uninstalled both apps and disconnected many times and nothing has worked

Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for sharing your updates here!

@ekesaf - We really appreciate you adding all this info! We've now reported this to the right teams. If you'd like you can also include a screenrecording of what's happening - just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed. 

On another note, it seems your Spotify version isn't the most current one. Could you follow the steps here to get the latest and let us know if you're still having troubles after that? If so, make sure to include the version you end up with, thanks!

@Stéphane16 - thanks for adding your current Shazam version! However, we'd need the rest of the details we've requested in the Status Update so we can pass these along to the right folks.

@Nicole2000 - from what you're describing this sounds like a different issue. However, if you're also having troubles seeing the tracks you've shazamed not syncing automatically to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist on Spotify, we'd recommend adding the details from the Status Update on the top of this Ongoing Issue so we can pass them along to the right teams.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies. If you have any questions in the meanwhile, don't hesitate to give us a shout! 

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Thanks again for adding your details so we can get this reported!

If you're experiencing troubles with your Shazamed tracks properly syncing to your "My Shazam Tracks", make sure to first try the steps in the post marked as solution here after a thorough reinstallation of Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, add your +VOTE and leave us a comment with the following details:

• Do you Shazam tracks from multiple devices?
  • Do tracks sync properly to Spotify when using a different device? 
  • Details of the affected device(s): the model/make and operating system version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on on the affected device(s) - you can find this out by following the steps here.
  • The exact version of the Shazam app
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried
  • Any other relevant details that could be useful

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

We'll keep you posted here for any updates we have here so make sure you're subscribed to this thread.

ellekay10

Same problem here. Only 332 Shazams synced out of 776. I've done disconnect/reconnect, a reinstall on both devices, phone and laptop. (Performed multiple times and each time it syncs 332 songs in random order) When will this be solved? This is one of the main reasons I decided to use Spotify, so I could easily listen to my Shazamed tracks.

Katerina

Hey there @ellekay10,

Thanks for sharing this!

Our teams are currently looking into this. With this in mind, it'd be very helpful if you could share the details requested in the Status Update as this information helps them better investigate what's happening.

We'll make sure to pass it along! Cheers 🙂

Cdmail

Try this:

1- delete the playlist on spotify or change the playlist name, if you feel more secure

2- go to shazam settings, disconnect spotify from the account and then, reconnect

I had the same problem and this worked to me. 

Edward91
Songs are still not added to the playlist after I did the mentioned steps. I even clicked on the sync shazams to spotify. I am seeing no added tracks even though one I added the songs, a small message pops up that says the songs have been added to my Shazam’s playlist. I don’t know what is going on? Please I need further help.
Beyer32

I have the same issue, and the reason is quite straight foward unfortunately, Shazam is no more able to sync to Spotify simply because, at least for newer version of the app, but should affect other built, has been purchased by Apple and there is no way to connect your Spotify account. All because Apple, in his infinite wisdom, think Apple Music is the only choice. So the issue here is not Spotify but Shazam (aka Applezam) that literally in the newer version, there isn't the tab to connect a Spotify account. As far the older version goes i believe that all this issue we have where only some song are being saved is due to this situation, and more time pass by the Shazam - Spotify relation is going to be null. I've tried delating the playlist, disconnect and riconnect and the resault is no playlist is created so no music is synced back nor new added. So the solution? start to use SoundHound, mabye not as accurate as Shazam but if Spotify is a priority well...

gbsep

hey.

have the same issue.

Shazam 14.1.0

Spotify 8.5.86.739

Also, if you are there.. could you sync the date also when the song was shazamed.

Thanks,