Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back ecard payment option!

Bring back ecard payment option!

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

My Question or Issue

Spotify removed the ecard payment option that I used to pay for premium. I don't have a credit card or mobile plan. I simply want to pay for my premium for 12 months in advance. Plus, there is no 3rd party vendor option in Turkey that can provide pre-paid premium. Paypal is not operating in Turkey. Why on earth would you remove a working payment option?

6 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify has recently stopped the sale of e-cards on their website.

From now on, you can only purchase prepaid time from 3rd party vendors.

Hope this helps! 🙂

I want a Spotify employee on this thread to explain as to why a working payment option got removed. Generic "rockstar" replies won't solve anything. I also mentioned that there is no 3rd party vendor to sell premium like Walmart or whatever.

In which way would ecard payment option harm Spotify?!
I still have subscription until July or something, but still I want an actual employee to bring ecards payment option back!

@Katerina @Rorey @Guido

Hey @FuarkKudoSystem.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We can't tell you exactly why we stopped offering ecards on our website, but we can tell you that our efforts are always to improve Spotify. We have the Ideas Exchange where you can leave feedback for other users to vote on. Popular ideas will be reviewed carefully of course! Check out the Ideas Exchange here.

Until then, there is a lot of third party vendors that sell prepaid Premium time. Both online and in physical stores.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if there is anything else. We'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Can you show me only one single physical store? I'm genuinely interested in buying from those. Online vendors are unreliable gaming websites which sell 1 month of premium and they are limited in stock.
Forget about me asking, there are millions of people who'd be interested in buying premiums just because they'd hear about the company. iTunes and Netflix (despite Netflix opening in Turkey a lot later than Spotify) gift cards are sold in many physical retailers and online stores here. Such a bad marketing strategy by Spotify.

Hey @FuarkKudoSystem.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We did some research for your region and can confirm that we don't offer physical Gift Cards in Turkey. We understand that you prefer not to purchase online from third party vendors. In this case there is two options left which is a subscription via credit card or Boku.

Sorry about that! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts