Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Home Mini Deal Validation Error

Google Home Mini Deal Validation Error

I ordered a Home Mini with the new promotion from Spotify, the transaction went through and my one-time promo code was used but then I got an email stating "We had to cancel your order because we were unable to validate some of your information." I contacted Google and they said to ask Spotify for another code. How do I get another code or redeem my subscription fee?

19 Replies

I had the same exact problem! So I ended up switching my emails and trying it again maybe an issue with the email I used. But I wasn't able to reorder on my other email with the discount automatically applying. Contacted google after a 30-45min hold and a 10 minute talk and they told me to contact spotify. I emailed them and i'm waiting for a response for a code or a refund for my new subscription. I spent way too much time on this.

I had the exact same discussion with google and the same issue with the email address. Is there an email contact for spotify? I was unable to find a way to contact them directly! 

This same situation happened to me. I signed up yesterday for Spotify again after a hiatus, and also ordered a free Google Home Mini with the link to redeem. The transaction went through and the one-time promo code was also used. Shortly after, I received the same email stating "We had to cancel your order because we were unable to validate some of your information." I contacted Google support - After a 2 minute wait to connect to a Google assistant named Bella, it was a 39 minute chat/wait/chat/wait/wait/"I'll escalate this and get back to you in 24-48 hours" response. They said to also ask Spotify for a new link or promo code to redeem the free Google Home Mini. I've emailed Spotify for help or a complete refund of my subscription. No word from them yet. 

This has definitely taken up much more time than I would've liked. Spotify, please help rectify this situation ASAP.

This is the exact same situation that happened to me as well. I believe my billing address was entered incorrectly so Google cancelled the order and now I can't apply the discount anymore. Has anyone gotten any help on this situation?

This the response I got haha looks like they didn’t even read my email:

“Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're trying to redeem the Google Home Mini offer you must have a
full-price, individual, and recurring Premium subscription.

If you’re on a Premium trial, you can claim your Google Home Mini (subject
to availability) when your trial is complete and you’ve started your
full-price subscription.

We're also aware people are experiencing a delay receiving an email with
next steps for redeeming the offer.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks,
Spotify support”

I replied and waiting for a response I didnt think customer service was
like this. They haven't solved my issue yet.

I got the exact same email. I don't think our issue is going to get solved. This is a complete joke. 

I have the full premium and didnt even get an email

same hère full premium no email ...

I received an email saying that my order was cancelled because my information couldn’t be validated... Now I’m not able to redeem the mini again. Just emailed google but after reading the comment about saying that they tell you to contact Spotify, I’m a little stumped because I know they don’t have a customer service contact. Any suggestions on what to do? 

I got a reply from Google basically saying I have to contact Spotify. I honestly don't see this getting resolved and it's taking up way too much of my time trying to resolve it. 

I'm just gonna cancel my premium account. 

Thanks for all your help Spotify, I'll be using YouTube Music from now on.

I am having the same exact problem! I don’t understand what went wrong because I did the promotion for my husband’s account and then mines but mines said it was canceled. What a bothersome.

Like some others in this thread, I received the same generic response from Spotify. I've since replied again hoping to bring our similar issues (about the validation error) to their attention. I used email: support@spotify.com

They certainly know how to advertise a promotion and take customers' payments quickly, meanwhile they aren't able to offer genuine solutions in a timely manner. Spotify....a multi-billion dollar company. 

It's definitely been bothersome and a waste of time. However in principle, and especially looking at how many others have been affected by a glitch or user error, this really is not right. 

Hey Spotify, hope you will provide some sincere support to all your customers soon! It doesn't help your revenue stream, if you don't have on-going subscribers.  

Same Happened with my 2 Accounts

Yeah I replied to them about it and they said they were not able to provide
me a new promo code and to contact google about it. meanwhile Google is
telling me to contact Spotify. looks like they’re so quick to take our
money and not provide sufficient customer service. A joke

Same thing happened here.

Signed up for premium. Got an email saying my google home mini is available. Clicked on the promo link and order through google. After entering all my credentials correctly. Got an email almost right away that said my order is cancelled because they can not validate some of my information.

Contacted google and was on the phone with them for almost and an hour and they said I need to contact Spotify. Then I realize Spotify hasn’t no customer support! Not even an email to contact them! What an unbelievablely poor customer service. This post is the one way to get my situation announced to Spotify and hopefully, some person in Spotify would see it and would try to resolve this. Never felt so helpless before in redeeming a promotion. Thought Spotify is a big enough company to have a real person customer support. I also spent way too much time for this promo, I just want my money back now. Otherwise this feels like a scam. 

So I emailed telling them that Google told me to contact by spotify and I
wanted a refund this was their reply:

Thanks for writing back.

We've carefully reviewed your request as well as your account. We're afraid
that based on your account information, you are not eligible for a refund.

If you need help with anything else, we're always here.

I don’t think they have a right to hold my money from when they’re not
able to go through with the promotion or have proper Customer Care.

better off having Apple Music

I too got my order cancelled by google.  I've contacted  both google and spotify and getting the same run around.  Each pointing the finger at the other.  Neither taking responsibility or trying to help figure it out amongst themselves to try to help us out.  

I too have spent a lot of time trying to get this resolved.  If it doesn't , I'll talk with my wallet.  Both these companies will be kn my blacklist.

I am in the exact situation.  Totally agree!  If no resolution or refund, going use another service instead of Spotify. 

@kevin990 wrote:
So I emailed telling them that Google told me to contact by spotify and I
wanted a refund this was their reply:

Thanks for writing back.

We've carefully reviewed your request as well as your account. We're afraid
that based on your account information, you are not eligible for a refund.

If you need help with anything else, we're always here.

I don’t think they have a right to hold my money from when they’re not
able to go through with the promotion or have proper Customer Care.

better off having Apple Music

Exactly the same issue here.  I probably wouldn’t have put this much time into it except that the subscription (and supposed mini) was a mother’s day gift from my son.

10 emails later as well as the chats and all I’m getting is 

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply and for your patience all through out.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience, but we're still unable to help you redeem a Google Home Mini device.

Give us a shout if you need any other help with the Spotify app or your subscription.

Thanks,

Mark

Spotify Customer Support

Suggested posts