Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

iPhone 7+

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I'm unable to use my debit card to start the trial. Every time I enter my card details it says "This card doesn’t allow monthly billing. If your card has been charged, we’ll reverse the transaction.

You can still get Premium - just change to a prepaid plan, or try another card.”

I have tried it with 2 different Banks but still the same. Also I am subscribed to other services which has monthly billing on this same card. 

CB4CDB89-9FBF-4D36-BB84-3EE297968AD8.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community to report the payment issues you're experiencing.

Even if you are able to pay for other monthly subscriptions using a debit card, this does not guarantee that you will be able to do so with Spotify.

We suggest you reach out to your individual banks regarding Spotify payments.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

63 Replies

Hey @ashyam, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try signing up for the trial using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, please let me know.

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried different browsers and incognito mode. Produces same error. 

Plan

Free (but trying to purchase premium)

Country

India

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I am trying to subscribe to Spotify premium but unable to do so as I get the folloaing error message: "This card doesn't allow monthly billing". I have tried 3 cards (2 credit and 1 debit) and same error message for all three.

I am using these cards for monthly billing for other services and never received such an error message.

Please fix this ASAP.

Hey @Gssodhi,

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. Have you checked out this article for payment troubleshooting steps?

There’s also some specific subscription-related troubleshooting over at our Spotify Answers board.

Hope this helps!

Sebastian

Same error here. Please fix ASAP

Same Happen with me also!

@RockstarFischer wrote:

Hey @Gssodhi,

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. Have you checked out this article for payment troubleshooting steps?

There’s also some specific subscription-related troubleshooting over at our Spotify Answers board.

Hope this helps!

Sebastian

This did not help. Looks like many others are facing the same issue so it's more than likely that the issue is at your end.

Please resolve. It's no use releasing Spotify in India and people are still unable to subscribe to Spotify Premium.

Problem solved?

Nope. No solutions yet. I keep trying everyday to see if it's fixed. 

No it's not fixed. This is an issue for ALL payments. I tried the student discount payment, that is also not working. Card was debited but I couldn't subscribe to premium.

Hey @AshwinGoyal273@ashyam, and @rohanmh12.

Thanks for the replies. I'd recommend checking out these steps to see if you're able to fix this. If this doesn't help, please send me a screenshot of the error messages being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info) and make sure to try this using a different browser or incognito mode.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Same Problem

Capture.PNG

Same issue. Been trying for everyday. They really need to fix it.

Facing the same issue. Did you get any fix?

Hey folks 🙂 

Sorry for the mistake in my last reply. Have you tried these steps: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/problems-paying-for-spotify-by-card/ ?

Keep me posted everyone 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I am also having the same problem with Indian credit card. I tried with my credit card, my dad's credit card with different browser. But it still ends up in same error. 

@Billy-J wrote:

Hey folks 🙂 

Sorry for the mistake in my last reply. Have you tried these steps: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/problems-paying-for-spotify-by-card/ ?

Keep me posted everyone 🙂 

Hi

I have tried everything on this page. Nothing worked. It still gives me the same error.

• My card is issued from the same country as the location in my profile.
  • The card is not expired.
  • All details provided are correct.
  • The card is an international debit card. I have used for purchases outside the country and also subscriptions such as Netflix, Prime etc... Also for Apple Music lol
  • Tried waiting for few days and trying. Nothing changed.
  • Tried different cards. Still the same.

Hi @ashyam,

I was succesful in subscibing to it. I don't know what was the exact problem for me but suddenly it worked with credit card. In your case I think the problem is you are using a debit card. and Spotify as per now only allows monthly billing on credit card. So I would suggest you to do it with credit card or wait till Spotify allows debit card billing or ECS from bank account.

Still i have been charged ₹59...i didnt get the money back...please help me...my account id is @deep11995Still i have been charged ₹59...i didnt get the money back...please help me...my account id is @deep11995

1F5E6B7E-0963-461E-8D68-6A9CB61E110A.png

Suggested posts