Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

iPhone 7+

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I'm unable to use my debit card to start the trial. Every time I enter my card details it says "This card doesn’t allow monthly billing. If your card has been charged, we’ll reverse the transaction.

You can still get Premium - just change to a prepaid plan, or try another card.”

I have tried it with 2 different Banks but still the same. Also I am subscribed to other services which has monthly billing on this same card. 

CB4CDB89-9FBF-4D36-BB84-3EE297968AD8.png
63 Replies

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting the issues you are having when trying to sign up for a Premium for Students monthly subscription in India.

We've created a separate thread in our Ongoing Issues board here. Make sure to head over there and follow the instructions.

We'll keep you posted in that thread once we have any updates.

Thanks!

Hi Peter,

The problem still seems to persist. I'm unable to pay via any debit card. Kindly look into it once.

Hello

Having the same problem tried 3 debit cards, two visa card and one mastercard card. 59 rupees debited all three times and haven't even got refund.

Also I have used my sbi visa card on Netflix subscription. So i guess the problem isn't with my card.

Hi Ive just tried again to buy a subscription  on spotify, it gives me the same error everytime i try to purchase - that my card dosent have monthly billing activated. Ive tried purchasing through 3 other cards as well but same errors.

Ive never encountered this issue while purchasing any other subscriptions. This is very frustrating please fix this issue as im not interested in purchasing a subscription by prepaid methods.

As on 8th May 2019, this problem still exists with both my debits. I can't subscribe to Postpaid Plan nor can I avail the 30days trial. I use these cards for postpaid plans of services like Netflix, Google Play Music and Prime Video. So, I can safely say the problem is not with the cards. Please solve this issue quickly for I have been waiting this to be resolved since last month.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community to report the payment issues you're experiencing.

Even if you are able to pay for other monthly subscriptions using a debit card, this does not guarantee that you will be able to do so with Spotify.

We suggest you reach out to your individual banks regarding Spotify payments.

Thanks!

I am facing the same issue my bank account has been charged with rs 59.when will i get the refund.?

I tried three times and each time they charged me 59 and yeah you will get
refund within 3 days.

The same thing happen to me . Then i took pre-paid subscription but when i check my bank details the amount of 1 month is also deducted from my account .2 times spotify charges for 1 month, now what to do?

Amount will get refunded within a week.i got my refund yesterday.

Nope, 

its not working. I tried with credit card and my card is enabled for international payments. Still it says payment failed, please try again later.

Screenshot_2019-09-09-15-12-56-258_com.spotify.music.png

Hi, did you find a solution to this??? Ive been experiencing this ever since Spotify launched in India! Please reply!

Spotify in India is still saying that "This card doesn’t allow monthly billing" when I used a debit card for a 3-month free student premium subscription. How to fix this issue?

Screenshot from 2019-10-15 23-31-59.png

Yeah it says that but the amount will be refunded within a week.

Hi Peter,

Spotify still doesn't allow my debit card for subscribing to the pack. The reason is the same that, "This card doesn’t allow monthly billing". I'm using the same card for Netflix subscriptions too.

Thanks,

Hi,

Peter, this issue still persists. I've been trying from past one week and tried almost 3-5 different cards (DEBIT) but no result till now & same response message.

no. it is still not working.  I am using SBI credit card for transactions.

Capture.PNG

I think this is a bug in spotify. I have tried the same using 3-4 credit and debit cards and all of them were showing the same problem. Monthly billing is enabled in all the cards then also I am not able to get spotify premium

Yes this is bug. I am facing the same problem but Spotify customer care executives on Twitter are so dumb and lazy. They keep asking the same questions even if you have already mentioned all the details in you complain in the very beginning.

##- Please type your reply above this line
Exactly. Now I am having to do it through Paytm, which charges 7 rupees
extra monthly on top of 59 rs. They need to get this fixed ASAP.
-##

Suggested posts