Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! What's the difference between saving a song to your library versus adding a song to a playlist?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've dug around a bit and I'm still not totally clear on this. My understanding is that you can only save 10,000 songs to your library, but you can add an unlimited number of songs to playlists. Is that corre...

• Casual Listener
  • Eni
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Homescreen Playlist suggestions based on time/day

Hello, i wonder where or if i can find the playlists that Spotify apps used to suggest when you started the apps and were based on the current time of the day.For example on weekend nights there were suggestions for either party music, or chillout/ s...

• Casual Listener
  • Mario
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find/play a song

PlanPremiumCountry SlovakiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have search for artist **bleep** chambers and song Judas Goat. I was not able to find it via client. When googling for this song, I have found link https://open.spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • CarlosE
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Music
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes phone and drops all downloads

PlanPremiumUSA DeviceGoogle Pixel 2 (not XL) My Question or IssueThis has happened several times. I will go into my liked songs when offline to play my downloaded music or podcasts and the app crashes (which in turn restarts my phone) and all of my s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium USA   Device Google Pixel 2 (not XL)   My Question or Issue This has happened several times. I will go into my liked songs when offline to play my downloaded music or p...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify adding every song I listen to to one of my playlists

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePC, SmartphoneOperating SystemWindows 10, Android 10 My Question or IssueHey, yesterday I noticed that spotify adds almost every song I listen to to one of my playlists without me doing anything.I've already tried clear...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC, Smartphone Operating System Windows 10, Android 10   My Question or Issue Hey, yesterday I noticed that spotify adds almost every song I listen ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Playlist Wont update

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceHp laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuei wanted to change the cover and description of my kpop playlist. i changed it and clicked ''save'', but when i refresh/go to another page and go back to t...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Hp laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue i wanted to change the cover and description of my kpop playlist. i cha...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

A question about statistics

Looking through my 2019 wrapped, it got me thinking about the information that is presented to me. For example it told me that I had discovered 460 artists which I don’t think for one second is accurate. So was trying to think how they come to that f...

• Roadie
  • Looking through my 2019 wrapped, it got me thinking about the information that is presented to me. For example it told me that I had discovered 460 artists which I don’t think for one second is accur...
  • TreyAnastasio
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Recommendations

My kids are listening to music through my Echo and all that Spotify recommends is not to my taste...How can I tune Spotify to not include music that is played through Alexa/Echo as music that I like?

• My kids are listening to music through my Echo and all that Spotify recommends is not to my taste... How can I tune Spotify to not include music that is played through Alexa/Echo as music that I lik...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Recommendations
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music being deleted every few days

PlanPremiumCountryU.K.DeviceLG G7 ThinQOperating SystemAndroid version 9 My Question or IssueThis has been happening a couple of times a week for the last few months, I don't know what triggers it but Spotify is deleting ALL my downloaded music. Does...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.K. Device LG G7 ThinQ Operating System Android version 9   My Question or Issue This has been happening a couple of times a week for the last few months, I don't...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data
    delete
    library
    songs
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen I go to my library and playlists it says you added (song) then WE added (song) and I can...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue When I ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Where are the lyrics?

I saw my friend using spotify with lyrics when he scrolls down the song, while mine doesn't have any. Are the lyrics a beta program or some phones aren't supported? I saw spotify making an article about being able to view lyrics recently. But seems l...

• Visitor
  • I saw my friend using spotify with lyrics when he scrolls down the song, while mine doesn't have any. Are the lyrics a beta program or some phones aren't supported? I saw spotify making an article ab...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify repeatedly saving random playlists to my library, from artists I've never even heard of

PlanFreeCountryU.S.DeviceAcer ChromebookOperating SystemChrome OS My Question or IssueFor a good couple weeks, I've had random playlists repeatedly added to my library, even after being deleted, and it's always the same kind of ones. Nobody else uses...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country U.S. Device Acer Chromebook Operating System Chrome OS   My Question or Issue For a good couple weeks, I've had random playlists repeatedly added to my librar...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't delete a Local File from my Favorite Songs

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 13.3, Windows 10 Pro) My Question or IssueHi I have this problem, I accidentally inserted a song of the local files on the favorite tracks when I don't use this last section, but I don't kn...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 13.3, Windows 10 Pro)   My Question or Issue Hi I have this problem, I accidentally inserted a song of the local fil...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't unlike old local songs

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 8 and laptopOperating SystemiOS 13 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueAt the time the new Your Library UI came out, I had several songs in a playlist that I had added to a playlist and uploaded to my phone from my local files....

Untitled.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 8 and laptop Operating System iOS 13 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue At the time the new Your Library UI came out, I had several songs in a pla...
  • Jeremy
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • liked songs
    local files
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

My playlist

I have a free account on an android device and my question is how do I remove shuffle play and "we added" music from my playlist also I cant choose what song I want to play next and I cant skip songs.

• Visitor
  • I have a free account on an android device and my question is how do I remove shuffle play and "we added" music from my playlist also I cant choose what song I want to play next and I cant skip songs...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why are there multiples of songs/albums?

I like to keep my library organized and clean. I always want to make sure that I'm saving all the new music my favorite artists are putting out without doubles of the same songs (like deleting the singles when the album comes out.) I've noticed that ...

• Casual Listener
  • I like to keep my library organized and clean. I always want to make sure that I'm saving all the new music my favorite artists are putting out without doubles of the same songs (like deleting the si...
  • Mario
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play songs because they are grayed out

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevices(iPhone 8+, PC)Operating Systems(iOS 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI cannot play Thomas Dolby songs because they are all greyed out. Before Spotify had these songs, I used Local Files to synch them. Now that spotify ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Devices (iPhone 8+, PC) Operating Systems (iOS 10, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I cannot play Thomas Dolby songs because they are all greyed out. Before...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Problem in sharing on IG stories

Hello, my phone is new, a Samsung A30s. I have problem in sharing from Spotify to Instagram stories: in attachment, the screen that appear after the sharing action. I re-installed the app and cleared the cache but the problem continues to occur.Pleas...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  my phone is new, a Samsung A30s. I have problem in sharing from Spotify to Instagram stories: in attachment, the screen that appear after the sharing action. I re-installed the app and ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Number of songs in a playlist

Can you make it possible to see how many songs there are in a playlist?

• Casual Listener
  • Can you make it possible to see how many songs there are in a playlist?    
  • TreyAnastasio
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't add a song

PlanFreeCountryIndonesia Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0My Question or IssueI can't add this songhttps://open.spotify.com/track/1Y2YthZKilcYaWXeVAF860?si=x98Q-RnBRKG91cITa7y5UwDo I need premium or is the song not available to play?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country Indonesia  Operating System Android 8.1.0 My Question or Issue I can't add this song https://open.spotify.com/track/1Y2YthZKilcYaWXeVAF860?si=x98Q-RnBRKG91cITa7...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening all the artists songs in random mode

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevice(iPhone 7+,Macbook pro)Operating System(iOS 10, Mojave) My Question or Issue Hi everybody, Sorry for some language errors. I would like to discover artists by listening more than 10 of their songs in random mode. Until n...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device (iPhone 7+,Macbook pro) Operating System (iOS 10, Mojave)   My Question or Issue   Hi everybody,   Sorry for some language errors. &nbs...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify geo-restriction bypass using vpn?

Hello,I wanted to know if Spotify Premium purchased in India can be used along with a paid VPN subscription to unlock the music catalogue of another country like USA, without permanently changing the country to USA under the country section in my Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I wanted to know if Spotify Premium purchased in India can be used along with a paid VPN subscription to unlock the music catalogue of another country like USA, without permanently changing t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Geo-restricted music content
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution On repeat/rewind playlists not changing much

¿Anyone more notices they're kind of static? Once in a while they add a song or two, but usually it sticks to the same set. It even insist in keeping songs I haven't listen to in a long time like it were glued to the list. I'm not using this list any...

• Regular
  • ¿Anyone more notices they're kind of static? Once in a while they add a song or two, but usually it sticks to the same set.   It even insist in keeping songs I haven't listen to in a long time...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes