Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

An error occured

Solved!

An error occured

Casual Listener

This is all I get when trying to do a search in Spotify on my iOS device. It's been like this for a couple weeks now. I've tried logging out and back in (logging in both traditionally and via Facebook). I've also attempted removing the app and reinstalling it from the app store. It happens over both wifi and 4G.

My desktop spotify client works just fine.

Screenshot of error is attached.

2014-02-18 16.52.37.png
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: An error occured

Community Legend
Does restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen make any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Casual Listener
After 10 times cold restart (Full Power Off) it works... Don't know why. Thanks

Solution!

Tl;dr: I didn't have enough memory

Hi, I tried all the solutions previously reported to fix this issue.

Spotify was constantly showing "An error occurred" + try again button while searching for anything or going to browse or home on the iOS app.

It means you don't have enough free space (memory on your device). I deleted pictures and apps in order to free some space and that fixed the issue with Spotify.

Hope I helped

Solution!

I turned off my wi-fi, opened the app and then turned my wifi back on and haven't received the error.  Lets hope that worked!

29 Replies
Solution!

Community Legend
Does restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen make any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Casual Listener

Ah, so obvious I don't know why I didn't try it, but that did the trick! Thank you!

I tried this and nothing happened it 

Ditto. Did this too and nothing changed. I won't wait around a month for a fix

Casual Listener
Same here. Rebooting has NO EFFECT.

Happening to me too. Doesn't work on my iPhone but works on my iPad. Have tried reinstalling and restarting to no avail.

Casual Listener

Ditto

Restart and clean install no help

Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue.  Rebooted the iPhone, uninstalled and reinstalled... nothing is working.  I have an iPhone 5c if that is useful information at all.

This started happening to me once I upgraded from an Iphone 5c to a 5s. idk if that makes a difference, as well. 

Unfortunately, I tried every solution and nothing works. I am still getting the same error. 

SUGGESTED POSTS