Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.4

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.4

Hi folks.

What's new in this version (0.7.4):

• New: We're rolling out an entirely new way to Browse music.
  • New: Spotify now speaks Thai, Turkish, Brazilian Portuguese, Malay and Greek.
  • Fixed: Bugs and bad things.

Updates 2013-09-04

• Crashing: We're aware that some people are experiencing issues with Spotify crashing. We're investigating and will keep you posted. You can also keep an eye on @SpotifyStatus for more information, as it becomes available.
  • The "original" Playlist view has been restored, and with it the shuffle function!

Updates 2013-09-07 (Adam)

• While we're investigating the crashing of 0.7.4, if you have a Spotify username but an account also connected to Facebook, try using your Facebook details to log in rather than your username.
  • Alternatively, as a temporary fix, download the Spotify iOS 4 app from the App Store. It's a bit old school but it'll give you access to your playlists and most of the same features as normal.

Updates 2013-09-10 (Per)

• The crashing of 0.7.4 should be resolved now
  • If you're still having issues with crashing, please reply with this info:
    - Did your app start crashing with this latest update, 0.7.4, or was it already happening before?

Notes:

• Shuffle: You can still turn this on/off in album view
  • Users with iOS versions 4 and 5 can still use "Spotify for iOS4", which can be found in the App Store.
  • If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.
Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@deal135 - if you search the App Store there should be a legacy version called Spotify for iOS4 which should work fine. The Tunigo app should still work too, which has the same functionality as the Spotify app.

Wooaah, what is this?

I've been using spotify on my iPad 1 just fine up until tonight when I reset my iPad to clear out a load of old junk... now I can't reinstall Spotfy because it says "iOS 6 requred"...  I had a look at the iOS4 app which is utter junk compared to the recent (iOS 5) version of Spotify for iPad.  Please reinstate the availability of what ever version was before 0.7.4 for iPad 1 users.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us on this. We're looking into what's causing it and we'll post here as soon as we have an update.

In the meantime, if you have a Spotify username that's also connected to Facebook, could you try logging in the alternate way. For example, if you normally log in with your username, try logging in with Facebook details. And if you normally login with Facebook, try using your username and password.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Marked as solution

This worked for me. (too)

I was encountering the crashes when I tried to login with my Spotify username and password (as well)

I deleted the app, cleared Safari cache, did a hard reset and re-installed v0.7.4 from the app store. I chose the Login with Facebook option and the app opened up and seems to be fully functional.

This worked on both iPhone and Ipad

89 Replies

¿Original iPad Users? 😕

"We're rolling out..." Do you mean the "Browse Playlist" feature?

Keeps crashing on startup - iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Keep crashing on start up. Can't get into the application. I have deleted and re-installed the application, and still the same result. I have iPad retina display 6.1.3 iOS. Please help.

Was hoping that 0.7.4 would include the now playing feature from 0.7.2 that it appears very vew people have.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@robzim737 wrote:

Was hoping that 0.7.4 would include the now playing feature from 0.7.2 that it appears very vew people have.

Those feature roll out aren't linked to version number 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

What can iOS 5 users do now?

@deal135 - if you search the App Store there should be a legacy version called Spotify for iOS4 which should work fine. The Tunigo app should still work too, which has the same functionality as the Spotify app.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

OMG YES! New playlist view is awesome and it shows the total duration time of the playlist!
THANK YOU!!! 😃
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Lame!!! Still no landscape orientation!  Come on you guys you added it to android.  Why not iOS?

Think it might be down to screens, the android application badly needed it because that version is the same between phones and tablets as far as I know, whereas the iOS version on iPhone and iPad is actually different!

Agreed though, I would love to have landscape so it is easier to use in my car! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the new update on ipad and iPhone. On my iPhone it has search and browse at the top but
My ipad does not have this anyone else got this problem.

@Arsenal-rule wrote:
I have the new update on ipad and iPhone. On my iPhone it has search and browse at the top but
My ipad does not have this anyone else got this problem.

Search and Browse still hasn't been released for the iPad. It will come over time. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mine keeps crashing as well, both on my iPad Mini and my iPhone 4S 😞

Absolutely hate losing the shuffle button at the top of the playlists. It was very convenient to be able to shuffle-per-session so to speak. Now I constantly have to go into the album art view just to toggle shuffle back and forth.

I love the other enhancements...but losing that shuffle button sucks.

Marked as solution

Wooaah, what is this?

I've been using spotify on my iPad 1 just fine up until tonight when I reset my iPad to clear out a load of old junk... now I can't reinstall Spotfy because it says "iOS 6 requred"...  I had a look at the iOS4 app which is utter junk compared to the recent (iOS 5) version of Spotify for iPad.  Please reinstate the availability of what ever version was before 0.7.4 for iPad 1 users.

In theory could they add a setting so you could chose the device and enable the landscape mode to the respective screen resolution?

how do u shuffle your playlist?

You have to manually enable shuffling through the album art view which is what I was complaining about a few posts above yours. It's not as easy as it used to be to shuffle a playlist and what's worse is that now shuffling is going to remain active until you manually turn it back off. It's not good.

Suggested posts