Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Shazam not adding ANY previously Shazamed tracks, only new ones

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueShazam is synching new Shazams to my playlist on Spotify, but not my previously existing ones.I have already disconnected and reconnected my Spotify and Shazam...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue Shazam is synching new Shazams to my playlist on Spotify, but not my previously exi...
  • chimaco
  • 44 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 34 likes

Can't open app through media notification

Hello, I am trying to open the app from media notification widget or the right panel media widget but I can only upscale the cover but not open the app to search for a new song. On apple's music app it opens as it should. On Spotify I can just tap th...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I am trying to open the app from media notification widget or the right panel media widget but I can only upscale the cover but not open the app to search for a new song. On apple's music ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume buttons on device don't work when casting

As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume. This is not an iOS or apple issue:My non working version of Spotify ...

• Gig Goer
  • As of Spotify 8.9.xx and newer I can't control the volume on my iPhone when casting to a Chromecast device. I need to go into the slider inside the Spotify app to change the volume.   This is ...
  • dirtymack
  • 228 replies
  • 40 likes
  • 228 replies
  • 40 likes

Superuser Contribution Blend isn’t showing user activity.

My Spotify blend playlist hasn’t been showing a box with user activity for two days when I have been clicking on the little profile pictures.

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify blend playlist hasn’t been showing a box with user activity for two days when I have been clicking on the little profile pictures.
  • PaGeCa
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Siri on AppleWatch does not work

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Operating System(newest versions at time of writing for OSes and Spotify App) My Question or IssueSiri on the Apple Watch to play a Song on Spotify no longer works on the watch after the latest OS-Updates (to 17.1.1 and 10.1...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany   Operating System (newest versions at time of writing for OSes and Spotify App)   My Question or Issue Siri on the Apple Watch to play a Song ...
  • McNastyPrime
  • Casual Listener
  • 31 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution sleep timer on iOs for podcasts gone

Hello, I noticed that my beloved sleep timer for podcasts in gone. Latest iOs, latest spotify app. How can I get it back? Or was it removed on purpose? For music it is still there in the three dot menu. Bit for podcasts I used to have a little timer ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I noticed that my beloved sleep timer for podcasts in gone. Latest iOs, latest spotify app. How can I get it back? Or was it removed on purpose? For music it is still there in the three dot ...
  • Chocothecat
  • Visitor
  • 38 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Re: skip limit

Hi I was wondering why I am only getting 6 skips per hour on Spotify and why when I open my app and go to play a song I can only listen to it once and most of the time with I go to play a song it plays a song from a artist and not the song I wanted a...

• Visitor
  • Hi I was wondering why I am only getting 6 skips per hour on Spotify and why when I open my app and go to play a song I can only listen to it once and most of the time with I go to play a song it pla...
  • Mand27
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple CarPlay - Audio Playback Stopping

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceIPhone 12Operating System17.3.1 My Question or IssueRecent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play. Audio will randomly pause and the user will be unable to resume/play the audio. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device IPhone 12 Operating System 17.3.1   My Question or Issue Recent bug seems to have appeared when playing audio on Spotify via apple car play....
  • MIDIMan87
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 1 likes

Displaying Chinese Words

I Was Trying A Free Account And Well I Have My Device Language Set To English But Somehow The Ask Me To Upgrade To Premium Page Is In Chinese Words. Is This A Bug Or What? The Spotify Version IS 4.5.0.1332

wth.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • I Was Trying A Free Account And Well I Have My Device Language Set To English But Somehow The Ask Me To Upgrade To Premium Page Is In Chinese Words. Is This A Bug Or What? The Spotify Version IS...
  • rob_k1203
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I stop getting in-app concert recommendations?

I've attached an example of some Direct marketing sent my way.How can I stop it? PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceIPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 17.1

• Regular
  • I've attached an example of some Direct marketing sent my way. How can I stop it?   Plan Premium Country UK Device IPhone 12 Operating System iOS 17.1      
  • thrashtronaut
  • Casual Listener
  • 165 replies
  • 78 likes
  • 165 replies
  • 78 likes

Bug with displaying profiles inside a blend

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDevice(iPhone 12)Operating System(iOS various checked it) My Question or IssueWhen opening a blend playlist on the current spotify version on tapping the profile avatars on the right will just show the scrim of the overlay bu...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Austria Device (iPhone 12) Operating System (iOS various checked it)   My Question or Issue When opening a blend playlist on the current spotify version on tapping...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS] Unable to play artists top songs if I saved to library

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 14 ProOperating SystemiOS 17.5 My Question or IssueI am unable to play songs from an artist on their artist page (their top songs) if I’ve saved any of their songs to the library. As soon as I click a song,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 14 Pro Operating System iOS 17.5   My Question or Issue I am unable to play songs from an artist on their artist page (their top songs)...
  • nehoyminoy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Suggested Songs constantly

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 15.8 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps playing suggested songs constantly that I have not added to my playlist voluntarily.Note that my playlist has over 15 songs and this is different to the "We Add...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 15.8   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps playing suggested songs constantly that I have not added to my playlist voluntarily....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can no longer add local files to playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 13)Operating System(iOS 16.3.1) My Question or IssueI’ve been having this issue since the recent update replacing the hearts with the plus. When clicking the three dots next to a song from my local files, ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 13) Operating System (iOS 16.3.1)   My Question or Issue I’ve been having this issue since the recent update replacing the hearts with...
  • BOB332
  • Visitor
  • 45 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 45 replies
  • 7 likes

Playing music pauses every minute

I start playing music on my phone and it pauses after a few seconds. I've restarted my phone, redownloaded the app, cleared my cache, and used the Spotify desktop app and the problem still doesn't seem to go away. I can play music from any playlist a...

• I start playing music on my phone and it pauses after a few seconds. I've restarted my phone, redownloaded the app, cleared my cache, and used the Spotify desktop app and the problem still doesn't se...
  • Shaydionne
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t log into iOS app after resetting password

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 11 Pro Operating SystemiOS 17 My Question or IssueReset password recently after notification of “suspicious activity” (note: did not use link in email). Attempting to log into app causes it to claim I’m offline after ...

•   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 11 Pro  Operating System iOS 17   My Question or Issue Reset password recently after notification of “suspicious activity” (note: did...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution recent bug - no playback when selecting a song from artist page

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 17 My Question or IssueTapping on a song from an Artist's 'Popular' list does not play it, and additionally stops current playback. The play icon flashes for a fraction of a second every time a song is ta...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 17   My Question or Issue Tapping on a song from an Artist's 'Popular' list does not play it, and additionally stops current playback. ...
  • RenoOnBD
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops when played on Alexa Multiroom Music Group

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDevice(Huawei P20 Pro) My Question or IssueWhen i play Spotify on my Amazon Echo, i mostly choose the multiroom music group, because i can play music on several Echo Devices. But lately, when i do that, Spotify stops playing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Austria Device (Huawei P20 Pro)   My Question or Issue When i play Spotify on my Amazon Echo, i mostly choose the multiroom music group, because i can play music on ...
  • Warren61
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes