Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Charged THREE times without premium!

I wrote about this yesterday but now it appears that I have been charged not once, not twice, but THREE times! After using the contact form I finally got an email saying to send copies of my bank statements but as soon as I sent them, they suddenly s...

• Casual Listener
  • I wrote about this yesterday but now it appears that I have been charged not once, not twice, but THREE times! After using the contact form I finally got an email saying to send copies of my bank sta...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

EQ on version 2.9.0 not working

Hi, I don't change the EQ too much because I have good headphone, so I just added a bit more high-tones a while back. I'm currently traveling and wanted to play with the EQ to compensate for the noise around me. After the first on/off toggle of the E...

• Hi, I don't change the EQ too much because I have good headphone, so I just added a bit more high-tones a while back. I'm currently traveling and wanted to play with the EQ to compensate for the nois...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
    Equalizer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no sound local files

no sound when playing loacl files on iphone 5, no probs on spotify files, when connected to laptop phone is not recognized. solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • no sound when playing loacl files on iphone 5, no probs on spotify files, when connected to laptop phone is not recognized. solutions?
  • linask24
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuttering Audio

This wasn't an issue until a few months ago for me. No system changes until after the stuttering began. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to this, but I tried reinstalling the OS and everything, but I still get a slight stutter during songs ...

• Regular
  • This wasn't an issue until a few months ago for me. No system changes until after the stuttering began.   There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to this, but I tried reinstalling the OS an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Synchronised songs not available

Hello everyone, I am a premium user for a while now, and I am experimenting a problem since a few months.I succeed to transfer some music I have on my laptop to my iPhone with the sync. It was working perfectly, but after a few days, all the transfer...

IMG_4322.jpg
  • Hello everyone,   I am a premium user for a while now, and I am experimenting a problem since a few months. I succeed to transfer some music I have on my laptop to my iPhone with the syn...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

odd problem

My local files dont continue playin after one song is finshed even though the songs are synched. And it doesnt say devices in the sidebar so my device doesnt show. Please PM me with help

• Regular
  • My local files dont continue playin after one song is finshed even though the songs are synched. And it doesnt say devices in the sidebar so my device doesnt show. Please PM me with help
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IPhone app dies when searching

When entering the first character it just dies.Now the only way to find content is to use Google search and browsing the search results there.I am premium user. About 5 GB of data.

• Regular
  • When entering the first character it just dies. Now the only way to find content is to use Google search and browsing the search results there. I am premium user. About 5 GB of data.
  • Neben
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode not working on iphone 5s

What's the point of having premium if I cant play my songs offline. Offline mode works fine on my laptop but does not work on my Iphone 5s, the arrow stays grey everytime. Please help!!!!! Ruth

• What's the point of having premium if I cant play my songs offline. Offline mode works fine on my laptop but does not work on my Iphone 5s, the arrow stays grey everytime. Please help!!!!!  &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can´t add any mp3 from my laptop to spotify AND spotify doesnt recognize iphone 5s anymore

Since yetserday i figured spotify doesnt recognzie my ihpone 5s anymore. i tryied all, deleting the software on the macbook and reinstalled it, updated the app on my iphone. retsarted both etc.....i am a bit afraid to delete the app on my iphone, as ...

• Since yetserday i figured spotify doesnt recognzie my ihpone 5s anymore. i tryied all, deleting the software on the macbook and reinstalled it, updated the app on my iphone. retsarted both etc..... ...
  • cjeaton
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline sync

I am unable to sync playlists offline on my iPhone 6 over wifi. They will sync over cellular. I have a premium subscription. What happens is you slide the toggle over to the right to make the playlist available offline and the arrow just stays gray. ...

• Regular
  • I am unable to sync playlists offline on my iPhone 6 over wifi. They will sync over cellular. I have a premium subscription. What happens is you slide the toggle over to the right to make the playlis...
  • RyanMiller
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When trying to access premium I get "In app purchases not available in your region"

On my old iphone 5, if I chose "upgrade to premium" it allowed me enter my itunes password and it all worked, although I didn't actually action payment. Since upgrading phone as soon as I click on "get Premium" I get the message"In app purchases not ...

• Visitor
  • On my old iphone 5, if I chose "upgrade to premium" it allowed me enter my itunes password and it all worked, although I didn't actually action payment. Since upgrading phone as soon as I click on "g...
  • aryaboomer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Offline mode

My offline mode will not work. I have Grey arrows next to the song when they are meant to be green for a few days now.I have an IOS 8.3 on an iPhone 5sSpotify version 2.9.0.1954

• Visitor
  • My offline mode will not work. I have Grey arrows next to the song when they are meant to be green for a few days now. I have an IOS 8.3 on an iPhone 5s Spotify version 2.9.0.1954
  • RyanMiller
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Severe problems on my iPhone

Hi there, (not-native english speaking, excuse me for my broken english) At first, the problem was the random pausing of songs at around 1:30-1:50. Restarting the song kept it pausing at the same moment, and I couldnt find a option to listen the comp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, (not-native english speaking, excuse me for my broken english)   At first, the problem was the random pausing of songs at around 1:30-1:50. Restarting the song kept it pausing at the...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

issues with adding local files to my iphone 5 from windows.

So ive added some files off soundcloud and dowloaded them onto my pc, which work on my pc. I then tried to add them to my iphone. they are both connected to the same wifi and my pc is online and my phone is online on spotify. My playlists are turned ...

• So ive added some files off soundcloud and dowloaded them onto my pc, which work on my pc. I then tried to add them to my iphone. they are both connected to the same wifi and my pc is online and my p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 5
    local files
    local files on iphone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Taylor Swif Music Won't play on Spotify

Last year I purchaced Taylor Swift music from itunes and was sucessful in syncing her music onto spotify. However I recently got a new phone which is iPhone 6 and now my taylor swift music won't play. I tried logging out of spotify and logging back i...

• Casual Listener
  • Last year I purchaced Taylor Swift music from itunes and was sucessful in syncing her music onto spotify. However I recently got a new phone which is iPhone 6 and now my taylor swift music won't play...
  • britnilinford
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

With my macbook pro I am connected to the internet. I have an active spotify account and can access it with my IPhone and my wife can access it with her computer and IPad. I have uninstalled and installed the Spotify App multiple times the past 2 day...

• With my macbook pro I am connected to the internet. I have an active spotify account and can access it with my IPhone and my wife can access it with her computer and IPad. I have uninstalled and inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Toggle end time/remaining time not working after update on iPad

That feature came in pretty handy. Why did it disappear? I am talking about clicking on the end time on the right side of the scrub timeline to see it toggle to remaining time. The one on the playlist pane.

• Casual Listener
  • That feature came in pretty handy. Why did it disappear? I am talking about clicking on the end time on the right side of the scrub timeline to see it toggle to remaining time. The one on the playlis...
  • Moni564
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some local files never sync to iPhone

Most local files are syncing to my phone, but some just never do. The files in question actually used to sync (before the recent changes to Spotify) but now show up as grayed out.Renaming them, moving them, or copying them in Finder has no effect.Nei...

• Casual Listener
  • Most local files are syncing to my phone, but some just never do.   The files in question actually used to sync (before the recent changes to Spotify) but now show up as grayed out. Renaming t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Iv lost all my music on my android galaxy note 4

Iv lost all my music, saved artist etc all I can see is my recently played. Issue occurred while listening to spotify. When I went to switch artist there was nothing. Signed in and out Iv tried everything!!

• Casual Listener
  • Iv lost all my music, saved artist etc all I can see is my recently played. Issue occurred while listening to spotify. When I went to switch artist there was nothing. Signed in and out Iv tried every...
  • jlm7215
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes