Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Constantly switching to Spotify-generated playlists

No matter what playlist I am trying to play...after 1-3 songs it will automatically switch to a Spotify-generated playlist like 'Top Hits', 'Walk In Like You Own The Place', 'Afternoon Drive' and dozens of others. It is obnoxious having to take my ph...

• Casual Listener
  • No matter what playlist I am trying to play...after 1-3 songs it will automatically switch to a Spotify-generated playlist like 'Top Hits', 'Walk In Like You Own The Place', 'Afternoon Drive' and doz...
  • Rorey
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files un-sync after updates

Using iphone 6, everytime I update Spotify my songs I have syncd from my PC become unsyncd. I did a Google search and this seems to have been an issue since 2013 which doesn't give me much hope that it'll be fixed any time soon. I try to re-sync them...

• Regular
  • Using iphone 6, everytime I update Spotify my songs I have syncd from my PC become unsyncd.  I did a Google search and this seems to have been an issue since 2013 which doesn't give me much hope...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Skipping songs

I've had this problem since I upgraded to an iPhone 6 (64 gb). Certain songs will skip. This is on wifi or LTE Searched the forums and all of google. Did fresh reinstall, turned gapless fade off, etc. nothing works. Seems it's the tracks being corrup...

• I've had this problem since I upgraded to an iPhone 6 (64 gb). Certain songs will skip. This is on wifi or LTE Searched the forums and all of google. Did fresh reinstall, turned gapless fade off, etc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stopping and stuttering and skipping forward when offline

I restarted the phone, I deleted the app and reloaded logging in fresh. Still keeps happening. Happens when hardwired (plugged into speaker) and when on a secure wifi. iPhone 6. Just started today, probably with new app upgrade that was installed tod...

• Casual Listener
  • I restarted the phone, I deleted the app and reloaded logging in fresh. Still keeps happening. Happens when hardwired (plugged into speaker) and when on a secure wifi. iPhone 6. Just started today, p...
  • Yogateach
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All music on my iphone gone!!!

So this morning I was happily listened to my spotify on my way to work, and everything was working perfectly fine. This afternoon I wanted to listen to my music at lunch but it vanished into thin air. The weird thing about this is that my collection ...

• So this morning I was happily listened to my spotify on my way to work, and everything was working perfectly fine. This afternoon I wanted to listen to my music at lunch but it vanished into thin air...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Deleted downloads
    music library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Find Clean Albums/Versions on Ipad App

On the Spotify desktop version I can easily click on the "1 More Release," button in the bottom right hand side of the window underneath the album track list to go to the clean version of the album. In the Ipad App, I cannot find this option. Am I lo...

• On the Spotify desktop version I can easily click on the "1 More Release," button in the bottom right hand side of the window underneath the album track list to go to the clean version of the album. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! iPod nano 7 G doesn't appear in Spotify for Windows

Hallo, I have an iPod nano 7G (newest firmware) and a Windows PC (Windows 8.1, newest Spotify version, permium) and the iPod doesn't appear in Spotify. Why? An interesting fact is that the iPhone 6 also doesn't appear in Spotify. I know that there is...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo,   I have an iPod nano 7G (newest firmware) and a Windows PC (Windows 8.1, newest Spotify version, permium) and the iPod doesn't appear in Spotify. Why? An interesting fact is that ...
  • flohaase
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7G
    ipod
    Syncing devices
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded albums disappeared

I had quite a few albums saved to my phone, and all of a sudden they aren't there any more. The playlists I have set up are still there, just not the albums. It's really annoying as I had gotten on a train and wanted to listen to one of them without ...

• I had quite a few albums saved to my phone, and all of a sudden they aren't there any more. The playlists I have set up are still there, just not the albums. It's really annoying as I had gotten on a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline sync problems

Hi, In the last two weeks I've started having problems with offline sync. In short, when I enable a playlist to be "Available Offline", nothing much happens, and the tracks don't sync There is 2.6GB free storage, which is hopefully enough (other post...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   In the last two weeks I've started having problems with offline sync.  In short, when I enable a playlist to be "Available Offline", nothing much happens, and the tracks don't sync ...
  • hari_78_99
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Offline mode

I'm a paid up premium member never had a problem before but when I try to make my stared playlist available off line, spotify doesn't do any thing. The slider for offline goes green and that's it. I've tried making a playlist with just one song on it...

• Regular
  • I'm a paid up premium member never had a problem before but when I try to make my stared playlist available off line, spotify doesn't do any thing. The slider for offline goes green and that's it. I'...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on iPhone been disappear

Not first time, but sometime all Local files been disappear suddenly,and the "available offline" button doesn't make my songs back.I need to delete the app and reinstall again.please help!

• Regular
  • Not first time, but sometime all Local files been disappear suddenly, and the "available offline" button doesn't make my songs back. I need to delete the app and reinstall again. please help!
  • hari_78_99
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • available offline
    dissppear
    local files on iphone
    suddenly
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 2.6.0

What's new in this version (2.6.0) Minor improvements

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.6.0) Minor improvements
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

AirPlay iOS8/ATV (latest version)

The AirPlay connection does not work using an iOS8 iPhone and ATV: Stream interrupts all the time or completely crashes. Strangely enough both the native music app and soundcloud work flawlessly.Does anyone else experience similar problems?Thanks

• The AirPlay connection does not work using an iOS8 iPhone and ATV: Stream interrupts all the time or completely crashes. Strangely enough both the native music app and soundcloud work flawlessly. Do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iOS 6

Is there other ways of gettin spotify on iOS 6 device?? Any other way?? Please

• Is there other ways of gettin spotify on iOS 6 device?? Any other way?? Please
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Amount of offline songs limited?

Hello, On my iPhone I am not able to sync all my playlists.Even though I have more than enough space available to sync into it stops at a certain point and I can only sync new albums by removing others. In my opinion I should be able ot sync forever ...

• Hello,   On my iPhone I am not able to sync all my playlists. Even though I have more than enough space available to sync into it stops at a certain point and I can only sync new albums by re...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Compabtible iPod Classic A1238

Hey folks, because I found different positions online, I want to know because I didn't get it working... It concerns the iPod Classic A1238 160Gb Version 7th Gen Is it possible to synch Spotify Music with this device? Thanks a lot, i'm getting mad wi...

• Hey folks,   because I found different positions online, I want to know because I didn't get it working...   It concerns the iPod Classic A1238 160Gb Version 7th Gen   Is it poss...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing songs on my iPhone

Hello All. I am trying to sync the songs to my spotify app on my iPhone 6 from my computer. However none of the songs will sync, I keep deleting and readding them and it says the track is unavailable. They were on there and they just werent the next....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello All. I am trying to sync the songs to my spotify app on my iPhone 6 from my computer. However none of the songs will sync, I keep deleting and readding them and it says the track is unavail...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New Update-Upset

I have been an avid Spotify user for months. That has changed with this ridiculous new "update". A couple of days ago, Spotify couldn't detect my iPod Touch 4 on my mac. So, I deleted the app of my ipod touch intending to reinstall it. Big mistake. I...

• Regular
  • I have been an avid Spotify user for months. That has changed with this ridiculous new "update".  A couple of days ago, Spotify couldn't detect my iPod Touch 4 on my mac. So, I deleted the app o...
  • tidegirl70
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Want new songs on TOP of playlist

I found a thread on this from years ago, but it doesn't appear it's been fixed. I have a huge playlist. I can order by Artist, Album, Date, etc. on my web/computer application. On my phone, it only shows up as the oldest added on top, and when I add ...

• Regular
  • I found a thread on this from years ago, but it doesn't appear it's been fixed.  I have a huge playlist. I can order by Artist, Album, Date, etc. on my web/computer application.  On my phon...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify audio quality priority order question

Hello everyone! I have some questions/ thoughts regarding which quality spotify chooses to play.My theoretical scenario: In the settings on my iPhone I have decided to play "Extreme" (320kbit/s) quality when streaming. But my syncing quality is set t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone!   I have some questions/ thoughts regarding which quality spotify chooses to play. My theoretical scenario: In the settings on my iPhone I have decided to play "Extreme" (320k...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes