Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Shuffle problem with iPhone app

There doesn't seem to be a Shuffle option. When you turn it on there is no option to turn it off. This means every playlist you select shuffles songs unless you delete the app and re-install. Is there a solution to this?

• Casual Listener
  • There doesn't seem to be a Shuffle option. When you turn it on there is no option to turn it off.   This means every playlist you select shuffles songs unless you delete the app and re-install...
  • Artavierpostell
  • Regular
  • 81 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 81 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Offline Mode doesn't function

Hey folks,Recently I have upgraded to Spotify premium especially due to specific search and the offline memorization .. I have an iPhone 4 and because of that not the most actual IOS-version, but the current Spotify update .. Nevertheless, if I tap o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey folks, Recently I have upgraded to Spotify premium especially due to specific search and the offline memorization .. I have an iPhone 4 and because of that not the most actual IOS-version, but t...
  • Clankization
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode

I have a trial premium on my Iphone 5S and I tapped offline mode for the first time and it worked. A few days later I tried again but the arrow wont turn green and I have over 1G of storage. What do I do?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a trial premium on my Iphone 5S and I tapped offline mode for the first time and it worked. A few days later I tried again but the arrow wont turn green and I have over 1G of storage. What do ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

buttons missing

can anyone know how to fix missing buttons? i installed and reinstalled spotify on ios 8. but after installing all the buttons were instead became a circle.

• can anyone know how to fix missing buttons? i installed and reinstalled spotify on ios 8. but after installing all the buttons were instead became a circle.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Limitations with offline mode

I sync my playlists to my phone so I can listen to music outside of wifi without wasting my data. This works, but the apps usability is severely limited: I can only play songs from within a single playlist. If I swipe to the right, the Artist and Alb...

• Casual Listener
  • I sync my playlists to my phone so I can listen to music outside of wifi without wasting my data.  This works, but the apps usability is severely limited: I can only play songs from within a sin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Cancel "Connect to Facebook"

This does my head in - any help most welcome! After a period of using Spotify on my iphone i get a message on screen to Connect to Facebook - which I do not wish to do. There is a cancel button - but it does not work. At this point I cannot access an...

• Casual Listener
  • This does my head in - any help most welcome!   After a period of using Spotify on my iphone i get a message on screen to Connect to Facebook - which I do not wish to do.   There is...
  • Taxibus
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Full title while pre-listening (mobile)

I'd love to see the full title of the song while pre-listening (holding down on a song title) in the Spotify iPhone app. Just some text field above the cover which shows the title so I can find it easily after pre-listening.

• Regular
  • I'd love to see the full title of the song while pre-listening (holding down on a song title) in the Spotify iPhone app. Just some text field above the cover which shows the title so I can find it ea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • mobile applications
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists Won't Sync

So recently I've been having major trouble syncing my music to my phone and I really don't know what it is. I've never had trouble with this before. I've read numerous other threads and they say it's normally how much space they have left on their ph...

• So recently I've been having major trouble syncing my music to my phone and I really don't know what it is. I've never had trouble with this before. I've read numerous other threads and they say it's...
  • rockyrock
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Synchronise lokal files

Hello, When I synchronise my Ipad with spotify on my computer every playlist synchronises except for my local files. It says 'waiting' and there is also no switch in my local files palylist to make it available offline. Now I have no idea how to get ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, When I synchronise my Ipad with spotify on my computer every playlist synchronises except for my local files. It says 'waiting' and there is also no switch in my local files palylist to make...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Swiping to queue songs

Hi there, So I have the latest version of the Spotify software and I noticed that when I swipe the song to queue it, the last song in every playlist refuses to queue. I think this is a bug. Thanks for looking into it!

• Hi there,  So I have the latest version of the Spotify software and I noticed that when I swipe the song to queue it, the last song in every playlist refuses to queue. I think this is a bug.&nb...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse

When I select "Browse" then a list it crashes spotify. So I can not use " browse " - very frustrating ! Everything else is fine. Can anybody help ? Should I reinstall ?

• When I select "Browse" then a list it crashes spotify.    So I can not  use " browse "  - very frustrating ! Everything else is fine.  Can anybody help ? Should I reinstall...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

does spotify work with other devices i.e mp3 players

my girlfriend has an eclipse mp3 player. wanted to put some music on it for her but can't seem to sync the device to spotify. does spotify work with all types of devices or only ipod, android, etc.?

• my girlfriend has an eclipse mp3 player. wanted to put some music on it for her but can't seem to sync the device to spotify. does spotify work with all types of devices or only ipod, android, etc.?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! BUG: Spotify on iOS suddenly translated itself into Finnish language

OS: iOS (8.2)UI Langugage of the OS: russianSpotify UI language before the bug: russianSpotify langugage on my desktop: russianCurrent version of Spotify on my mobile: 2.7.0.1943 The problemYesterday when I lauched Spotify as usual, I found it transl...

• Regular
  • OS: iOS (8.2) UI Langugage of the OS: russian Spotify UI language before the bug: russian Spotify langugage on my desktop: russian Current version of Spotify on my mobile: 2.7.0.1943   The...
  • Teresa
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck in shuffle

Anyone else have this issue? I download the app on iOS (currently on 8.2) and after a few days everything is stuck in shuffle. It's really annoying when you're trying to listen to an album. It's been doing this for over a year, but I finally got tire...

• Anyone else have this issue? I download the app on iOS (currently on 8.2) and after a few days everything is stuck in shuffle. It's really annoying when you're trying to listen to an album. It's been...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant sync complete playlist to my iPhone

Hi, I've just changed phones and wanted to download my playlist to my phone - there are just over a 1000 songs but I cant get the playlist to download in full... its just stops like half way through! If i slide the 'Avaliable Offline' switch back the...

• Hi,   I've just changed phones and wanted to download my playlist to my phone - there are just over a 1000 songs but I cant get the playlist to download in full... its just stops like hal...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant download on ios

hey, i just bought spotify premium and now i want to download some tracks, becaus i dont want to stream them when im not at home.https://support.spotify.com/ch-de/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offlinei did that, but there is no "green download ...

• hey,   i just bought spotify premium and now i want to download some tracks, becaus i dont want to stream them when im not at home. https://support.spotify.com/ch-de/learn-more/guides/#!/arti...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 6 cannot download playlists

Hi, I have spent several hours trying to sync my iphone 6 to my macbook air as a spotify device. I have a time machine airport. When I first got my iphone 6 I was able to transfer all of my playlists to my iphone. However, several weeks ago, I stoppe...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi,    I have spent several hours trying to sync my iphone 6 to my macbook air as a spotify device.  I have a time machine airport.  When I first got my iphone 6 I was abl...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlimited on iPhone question

I have Spotify Unlimited and I pay my fee every month, so I don't understand why on my iPhone I can only listen in shuffle mode and with ads. This doesn't seem right when my account is "Unlimited". Please help. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Unlimited and I pay my fee every month, so I don't understand why on my iPhone I can only listen in shuffle mode and with ads. This doesn't seem right when my account is "Unlimited". P...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music plays without sound

Hi Everytime a music from my device (uploaded to Spotify) plays on a playlist, the next song starts playing without sound (time running and all, just no sound). It only gets normal again when I rewind the song to 0:00, which is really annoying when I...

• Hi   Everytime a music from my device (uploaded to Spotify) plays on a playlist, the next song starts playing without sound (time running and all, just no sound). It only gets normal again w...
  • our_kelly
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost saved songs, albums etc

I've upgraded the spotify app on my i-phone. I've now lost all my saved songs, albums etc.

• I've upgraded the spotify app on my i-phone. I've now lost all my saved songs, albums etc.
  • Marcelocapello
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes