Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Syncing only songs Spotify doesn't have available

Hello, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. Ok, so here's my issue: I have a pretty large playlist (500+ songs) that acts as my go-to random music list. I own about half, if not more of those songs on my P...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.   Ok, so here's my issue: I have a pretty large playlist (500+ songs) that acts as my go-t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Four Features Missing

1) Can't search within a playlist. Amazing that no one at spotify realizes this should be a requirement for all the mobile apps before any of them were released. Searching within a list is needed so if I decide I want to hear a specific song/artist t...

• Roadie
  • 1) Can't search within a playlist. Amazing that no one at spotify realizes this should be a requirement for all the mobile apps before any of them were released. Searching within a list is needed so ...
  • Brent212
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! QUESTION on syncing and streaming.

When you sync a playlist, do the songs from that playlist stop streaming and play direct from your iOS or do they continue to stream until you go into offline mode? I am trying to maximize battery and minimize data. This is why I ask. Thank you

• Regular
  • When you sync a playlist, do the songs from that playlist stop streaming and play direct from your iOS or do they continue to stream until you go into offline mode? I am trying to maximize batter...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline playlist

Hi, Is this possible?: When i create an offline playlist in spotify en when it is synced on my ipad I want the music files to show up in the native iOs music app. Greetings

• Hi, Is this possible?: When i create an offline playlist in spotify en when it is synced on my ipad I want the music files to show up in the native iOs music app. Greetings
  • sexyaries11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

High Level Out from Dock Connector

I have a dock connector to RCA to my car stereo. Every app other than spotify works fine, no distortion. With Spotify there is bad distortion like the audio level is too high. Pandora, tunein radi, and songs on the ipod app play perfectly. I've tried...

• I have a dock connector to RCA to my car stereo. Every app other than spotify works fine, no distortion.   With Spotify there is bad distortion like the audio level is too high.  Pando...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Could not synchronize playlists retrying

Why is it at least 1 out of every 5 times I go to use Spotify there is some problem? I mean I pay $10 a month for this service. I pay less than that for Netflix and there are not nearly as many problems. Todays problem is the could not synchronize pl...

• Gig Goer
  • Why is it at least 1 out of every 5 times I go to use Spotify there is some problem?  I mean I pay $10 a month for this service.  I pay less than that for Netflix and there are not nearly a...
  • pogbellies
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

So long Spotify!!

I am done. Cancelling now. Going to Rdio. Spotify does not listen to its paying customers. There seems to always be problems with synching music. There is no CLEAR CACHE BUTTON FOR GOD'S SAKE !!!!! It is not every now and again. It is ongoing weekly ...

• Gig Goer
  • I am done.  Cancelling now.  Going to Rdio.   Spotify does not listen to its paying customers.  There seems to always be problems with synching music.  There is no CLEAR ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Possible to stream to multiple AirPlay devices in the new iPad app?

Does any one know if it possible to stream to multiple Airplay devices in the new app? It would be nice to use the iPad and Airplay to achive a full multiroom solution.

• Does any one know if it possible to stream to multiple Airplay devices in the new app? It would be nice to use the iPad and Airplay to achive a full multiroom solution.
  • jpderooij
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Iphone my best option?

Hi, Thanks to you guys for your help I have discovered that my new Ipod classic is not compatible with the site, as I have a large liberary I am thinking of investing in a smartphone. My question is this is the Iphone the best option as everything se...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, Thanks to you guys for your help I have discovered that my new Ipod classic is not compatible with the site, as I have a large liberary I am thinking of investing in a smartphone. My question i...
  • starchild63
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone playlists deleted and not syncing

my iphone playists are not syncing and now they are completed deleted off of my iphone how do i get them back?

• my iphone playists are not syncing and now they are completed deleted off of my iphone how do i get them back?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all playlists when adding Ipad app!

Hello, I've just downloaded the Ipad spotify app and when I logged in I noticed none of my playlists were there. I had the unlimited account and noticed I needed to upgrade to use the Ipad, so I upgraded to Premium - then after re-launching my deskto...

• Hello,   I've just downloaded the Ipad spotify app and when I logged in I noticed none of my playlists were there. I had the unlimited account and noticed I needed to upgrade to use the Ipad...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

News Feed Missing

I don't know how the News Feed works on Spotify, so pardon my ignorance. I first created my account on May 22, played a few songs then disabled the 'Show what I listen to Facebook' option. Even after doing this when I logged in to Spotify Mobile I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know how the News Feed works on Spotify, so pardon my ignorance. I first created my account on May 22, played a few songs then disabled the 'Show what I listen to Facebook' option. Even after...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Only one key possible for searching !!!

You have very recently change the searching possibility: only one keyword is accepted on Ipad and pc versions. This is a pity !! I am very disappointed. I hope you will correct that very soon. Patchouli

• You have very recently change the searching possibility: only one keyword is accepted on Ipad and pc versions. This is a pity !! I am very disappointed. I hope you will correct that very soon. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Help Me!!!!

I recently upgraded to premium and I can play music on my desktop but not on my iphone! The tracks are there but they are in light grey font and aren't active. When they are in blod black font they play. What do I have to do??? I have tried to reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently upgraded to premium and I can play music on my desktop but not on my iphone!  The tracks are there but they are in light grey font and aren't active.  When they are in blod black...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bitrate when playing synced songs while online?

I have set the quality of my synced songs to "Extreme". What I'm wondering is whether or not they get played in that quality while I'm listening to them online, or if it's only when I'm in Offline Mode?

• Regular
  • I have set the quality of my synced songs to "Extreme". What I'm wondering is whether or not they get played in that quality while I'm listening to them online, or if it's only when I'm in Offline Mo...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't find my iphone

My spotify can't fin my Iphone, they are connected to the same network and all. I have been searching for solutions over 2 days straight now and I can't find a single one that works. Please help. I have transfered music earlier to my iphone from desk...

• Regular
  • My spotify can't fin my Iphone, they are connected to the same network and all. I have been searching for solutions over 2 days straight now and I can't find a single one that works. Please help. &...
  • missmerchandise
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot find Spotify on iPod Touch's App Store

I have Spotify Premium and I recently moved to US. I have updated my Spotify and App Store profiles to match my US address and US debit card information, and changed my region as US in App Store settings of my iPod. I still cannot find Spotify on App...

• I have Spotify Premium and I recently moved to US. I have updated my Spotify and App Store profiles to match my US address and US debit card information, and changed my region as US in App Store sett...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch

My iPod Classic died and most of the songs I had on it were from friends' iPods. I am thinking about getting an iPod Touch because I was able to find most of the songs on Spotify. It is my understanding that if I get Spotify Premium, I can listen to ...

• My iPod Classic died and most of the songs I had on it were from friends' iPods.  I am thinking about getting an iPod Touch because I was able to find most of the songs on Spotify.  It is m...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Question about deleting playlists on mobile phone...

I have about six playlists synced to my smartphone. I've unsubscribed from 2 of these playlists and deleted the playlist from my smartphone. Question: when I delete a playlist on my smartphone, are the songs automatically deleted from my memory card?...

• I have about six playlists synced to my smartphone.  I've unsubscribed from 2 of these  playlists and deleted the playlist from my smartphone.  Question:  when I delete a playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone App Updates Spotify Social?

Hi, I mainly use my iPhone to listen to music but when I go back to the desktop app and click on the top lists for me, it shows nothing. Does the iPhone app not update spotify social to show what music I've listened to? Pete.

• Hi,   I mainly use my iPhone to listen to music but when I go back to the desktop app and click on the top lists for me, it shows nothing. Does the iPhone app not update spotify social to sh...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes