Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline albums does not work

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueHello, albums that downloaded for offline mode on my iPhone X don't work. I get only the loading screen but nothing else. I've seen this topic in here before...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue Hello, albums that downloaded for offline mode on my iPhone X don't work. I get o...
  • swansongforyou
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection issues at startup

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1 It’s been months that my Spotify takes a lot of time connecting at the startup. it eventually connects, but at times it can take up to 3 minutes to do so. I tried uninstalling and reins...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Italy   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.3.1   It’s been months that my Spotify takes a lot of time connecting at the startup.  it eventually con...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connection issues
    Connection issues on app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Viewing all contributing artists feature missing

In a previous update of the iOS version of the app, the "View Artist" button would say "View Artists" if multiple artists collaborated on a song, and each artist's profile would be visible. I checked the PC version, and it allows you to instantly see...

• Casual Listener
  • In a previous update of the iOS version of the app, the "View Artist" button would say "View Artists" if multiple artists collaborated on a song, and each artist's profile would be visible. I checked...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Deleting “Liked” Songs

PlanFree/Premium: PremiumCountry: United States Device: Apple iPhone8 Plus(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System: iOS13(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue: Is there a feature whereby I can avoid d...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium:  Premium Country:  United States   Device:  Apple iPhone8 Plus (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System:  iOS13 (iOS 10,...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

controlling the app from different wifi (dont want to be able to)

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFamilyCountryNetherlandsDevice(iPhone and Samsung S7Operating System(iOS and Android) My Question or Issueat my home wifi i have...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Family Country Netherlands Device (iPhone 😎 and Samsung S7 Operatin...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Increasing Randomly (iPhone Bluetooth)

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or Issue So I recently started using Spotify to find some good music without downloading it - however, I'm Bluetoothing to a speaker (UE Boom 2, no settings, no issues there), ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue   So I recently started using Spotify to find some good music without downloading it -...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Your Library] Alphabetical Scroll Bar Disappears in Offline Mode

On iOS the alphabetical scroll bar disappears while using 'offline mode'. It defaults back to the iOS black scroll bar. I am on the latest version of iOS and the Spotify app. Please fix!

• On iOS the alphabetical scroll bar disappears while using 'offline mode'. It defaults back to the iOS black scroll bar. I am on the latest version of iOS and the Spotify app. Please fix!
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists over 100 Titles won’t continue

PlanFree/PremiumCountryGermanyiphone XOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueSince the latest Spotify Release Playlists over 100 titles won’t continue. It stops at the end of title 100. You have to choose every title over 101 manually. Will t...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Germany iphone X Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue Since the latest Spotify Release Playlists over 100 titles won’t continue. It stops at the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Old design for Discover Weekly - iOS

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI have received the new update of the playlist design. Nice. But the old design is still on the Discover Weekly. Bug or is it by design?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I have received the new update of the playlist design. Nice. But the old design is still ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discover Weekly
    iOS
    Old design
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Clicking Spotify Link In Instagram Loads "Download App" page.

WHY? This window ALWAYS loads when clicking a Spotify link within Instagram (on iOS). No matter how many times I click Spotify links, this page appears. It's deterring for artists, too many fans see this and decide not to click because it looks sketc...

IMG_2095.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • WHY?   This window ALWAYS loads when clicking a Spotify link within Instagram (on iOS). No matter how many times I click Spotify links, this page appears. It's deterring for artists, too many ...
  • chofm
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shady
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song Unavailable (not downloading from local files)

Plan - PremiumCountry - CanadaDevice - iPhone XSOperating System - iOS 12.1.4My Question or Issue: I am unable to play certain songs on my iPhone that can be played with no issues on Desktop Spotify player. Screenshot from iPhone shows this song as "...

• Regular
  • Plan - Premium Country - Canada Device - iPhone XS Operating System - iOS 12.1.4 My Question or Issue:   I am unable to play certain songs on my iPhone that can be played with no...
  • aleksandraa
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded playlist doesnt work offline (help!)

PlanPremiumCountryUsDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemIOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueMy downloaded playlist doesnt load offline unless i get internet connection then it loads then it plays music offline perfectly. note: (this issue is only on a specific ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Us Device iPhone 8 Operating System IOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue My downloaded playlist doesnt load offline unless i get internet connection then it loads the...
  • Yamanhourani
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can play only 30 seconds of each Song or sguffle

UnNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFreeCountry italy DeviceiPhoneMy Question or Issue Hi I have troublesI can t play entire songs but only 30 sec preview or by o...

• Casual Listener
  • UnNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free Country italy   Device iPhone My Question or Issue &nbs...
  • xXHeyJXx
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

iPod touch 6 not supported by Spotify?

Plan Family planPremiumCountry Norway DeviceiPod 6 Touch (32gb)Operating System iOS 8 My Question or Issue According to your system Requirements, Spotify needs iOS 10 to run on an iPod: Does that really mean that my brand new Ipod6 Touch (32 gig, iOS...

•   Plan Family plan Premium Country Norway   Device iPod 6 Touch (32gb) Operating System iOS 8     My Question or Issue  According to your system Requirements...
  • determazur
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

CarPlay App is lacking

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueI'm trying to move to Spotify from Apple Music and have noticed that the CarPlay app is considerably lacking in comparison and has a few weird issues too. T...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I'm trying to move to Spotify from Apple Music and have noticed that the CarPlay...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Carplay
    iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashing while online

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceiPhone xrOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueWhile connected to the internet (or not in offline mode) spotify causes my phone to quickly get very hot and spotify crashes, after playing for around 15 seconds. T...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device iPhone xr Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue While connected to the internet (or not in offline mode) spotify causes my phone to quic...
  • Para199x
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot download Podcast

I'm and IOS user and a premium Spotify member. I've listen to 220 episodes of the History of WWII Podcast by Ray Harris without any problems downloading each episode and listening to them off line. As of a few days ago I can no longer download an epi...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm and IOS user and a premium Spotify member.  I've listen to 220 episodes of the History of WWII Podcast by Ray Harris without any problems downloading each episode and listening to them off l...
  • rktaylor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot Play tracks in an Album but able to heart them

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueI am a premium user (ssray23) but not able to play any of the tracks in the album below. Please note that I am able to heart individual tracks. https://open.spotify.com/alb...

Album.jpg
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK  Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I am a premium user (ssray23) but not able to play any of the tracks in the album below. Pl...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Options button (3 dots) does not work properly

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevice(iPhone 11 Pro Max)Operating System(iOS 103.3.1) My Question or IssueWhenever I try to queue a track, over the last 2 weeks or so, the track I'm trying to queue plays instead of giving me the options. I have to hit th...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) Operating System (iOS 103.3.1)   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to queue a track, over the last 2 weeks or so, the track ...
  • Byggatill
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play certain song

Hi,I'm trying to listen to C'mon by Panic! At The Disco and fun. But I can't get it to work. It doesn't show up on Spotify when i search for it and all the links online lead to the same place with the correct album cover but no song in sight. Can som...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm trying to listen to C'mon by Panic! At The Disco and fun. But I can't get it to work. It doesn't show up on Spotify when i search for it and all the links online lead to the same place with ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes