Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

App stops working is music isn’t paused in the app

Hi. My music will be working fine until a video starts playing an another app, or if I get a phone call, or if I press pause on my headphones but not in the app itself. After any of those happen, my music will refuse to play and my app will freeze an...

• Hi. My music will be working fine until a video starts playing an another app, or if I get a phone call, or if I press pause on my headphones but not in the app itself. After any of those happen, my ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing, acts is if all my songs are unplayable and doesn’t let me exit the app.

I am using the Spotify app on my IPhone 7 Plus running IOS 12.1.2 update. I have been having a problem with the app since about New Years where I am listening to music and when I go to skip the song I’m listening to, it stops playing, the screen remo...

• I am using the Spotify app on my IPhone 7 Plus running IOS 12.1.2 update. I have been having a problem with the app since about New Years where I am listening to music and when I go to skip the song ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album/EP/Single Release Date Information Missing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 7+Operating SystemiOS 12.1.2 Album/EP/Single release date and option to swipe left to tap to artist info no longer available. The ... in the upper left-hand corner doesn't give any addtional info. The option tap on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 7+ Operating System iOS 12.1.2   Album/EP/Single release date and option to swipe left to tap to artist info no longer available. The ....
  • brymaj
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artists
    Release date
    Release Notes
    Swipe
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems on iPhone when switch bluetooth devices or answer a call - crashes

PlanPremiumCountryUK Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 12.1.3) My Question or Issue Hello, for quite sometime I've been having issues with the Spofity app crashing each time I'm conneted to a Bluetooth speaker or headphones and disconnect them the...

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 12.1.3)   My Question or Issue   Hello, for quite sometime I've been having issues with the Spofity app cr...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! App crashes and sound problems on iphone

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone 6s PlusOperating System(iOS 12.1) My Question or IssueHello everyone, is anybody having a crash problem when listening to spotify, and then go to any other app’s sound and then going back to spotify and no more so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone 6s Plus Operating System (iOS 12.1)   My Question or Issue Hello everyone, is anybody having a crash problem when listening to spotify, a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has become frequently unusable in the past week

PlanPremiumCountryScotlandDeviceiPad ProOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueFrequent issues trying to get Spotify tracks to start playing, stop playing and being informed there is no internet connection when there is

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Scotland Device iPad Pro Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Frequent issues trying to get Spotify tracks to start playing, stop playing and being infor...
  • herr_clack
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Gesten

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceIphone SEOperating SystemiOs 12.1.3 My Question or Issue Was ist mit der Funktion passiert, mit der man Titel mit einem "Nach-Rechts-Wischen" in die Warteschlagen einfügen kann? Dies ist seit kurzem nur noch möglich we...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Iphone SE Operating System iOs 12.1.3   My Question or Issue  Was ist mit der Funktion passiert, mit der man Titel mit einem "Nac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing with bleutooth headphones freezes spotify

Dear community. I use the jbl eb50 headphones and when I pause it with my headphones I can’t get spotify to continue to play the song afterwards. It just freezes and I have to restart Spotify to play music again. Have never had this problem before. A...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear community. I use the jbl eb50 headphones and when I pause it with my headphones I can’t get spotify to continue to play the song afterwards. It just freezes and I have to restart Spotify to play...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Genre radio stations missing on ipad

I am using an ipad with iOS 12.1. 3. Since last Saturday none of the genre radio stations are displayed on the radio station tab. Only 6 Künster ( german word for artist) items are displayed but none the the usual stations like the 70`s, 80`, Jazz an...

• Casual Listener
  •   I am using an ipad with iOS 12.1. 3. Since last Saturday none  of the genre radio stations are displayed on the radio station tab. Only 6 Künster ( german word for artist) items are...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Release Lightning Bolt Gone

A few weeks back I noticed a new lightning bolt icon at the top right corner of my home page on Spotify iOS. It was great cause it showed the new releases in greater detail than in the release radar. Instead of a list of songs it showed if there was ...

• A few weeks back I noticed a new lightning bolt icon at the top right corner of my home page on Spotify iOS.  It was great cause it showed the new releases in greater detail than in the release...
  • GeorgeFall
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • new release
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Cannot play downloaded albums

A few days ago I needed to make a new account because my e-mail adress changed, and I registered via Facebook in my previous account so I had to make a new one. I was and am still in a Family Premium subscription. As soon as I loged into my new accou...

915DFEAB-8419-48FC-A593-6931B46C82D6.png
  • Casual Listener
  • A few days ago I needed to make a new account because my e-mail adress changed, and I registered via Facebook in my previous account so I had to make a new one.   I was and am still in a Famil...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

“Go To Album” missing in Top 5 Tracks

Please restore the ability to go to the album for any artist’s top 5 song. This feature was available until a recent update. PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 11 My Question or Issue

• Roadie
  • Please restore the ability to go to the album for any artist’s top 5 song. This feature was available until a recent update.      Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhon...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Weard Problem !

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceiPhone 5sOperating SystemiOS 12.1.3 My Question or Issue I have a problem with my crazy app. Application crashes when i am stop the music.

• Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device iPhone 5s Operating System iOS 12.1.3   My Question or Issue  I have a problem with my crazy app. Application crashes when i am stop ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes when I pause while out of the app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2My Question or IssueSpotify becomes unable to un-pause music (restart playback) whenever I pause playback while I'm out of the app. I have to restart it to get it working again. This has o...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue Spotify becomes unable to un-pause music (restart playback) whenever I pause playback whi...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Radom artists being added to my list

PlanFamily PremiumCountry BrazilOperating System(iOS 12.1.2 / Windows 10) My Question or IssueRandom artists are being added to my list everyday I have to go into each one and unfollow but when I close the app and open again there are more random art...

• Plan Family Premium Country  Brazil Operating System (iOS 12.1.2 / Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Random artists are being added to my list everyday I have to go into each one a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug bluetooth windows
    Bug iOS
    Bug iPhone
    Other
    Student
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

“Because you listened too” section

Hello,There used to be a section on my home page that had suggested artists based on what artists I listen too. It wasn’t a playlist it was a scroll section like the recently played and the made for you sections on the home page and not the discover ...

• Hello, There used to be a section on my home page that had suggested artists based on what artists I listen too. It wasn’t a playlist it was a scroll section like the recently played and the made fo...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps logging me out.

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2My Question or Issue Every time I leave the app it logs me out. When I open the app again it says my username and password don’t match. When I put my password and username in it logs m...

•   Plan Premium Country  Canada Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue  Every time I leave the app it logs me out. When I open the app again it says...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs sync/download offline, but other's don't. WHY!?!

I have a bunch of songs purchased and stored on a hard drive that I purchased on iTunes over the years. Some of these albums are not available on Spotify, but I point Spotify to the drive and it finds and syncs MOST of them. However, SOME of the file...

• Music Fan
  • I have a bunch of songs purchased and stored on a hard drive that I purchased on iTunes over the years. Some of these albums are not available on Spotify, but I point Spotify to the drive and it find...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Syncing Local FIles
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete songs?

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDevice(iPod Touch Gen 6)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI add songs to playlist that automatically downloads songs, and when I remove the songs from the playlist they don't b...

•   Plan Premium Country  United States Device (iPod Touch Gen 6) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I add songs to playlist&...
  • gro8os
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes